Christmas Stockings

Christmas Stockings - Christmas - Posted: 15th Dec, 2014 - 11:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Christmas Stockings
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2007 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Stockings

Christmas Stockings

Do you put up Christmas Stockings in your home as part of the Christmas decor? What does yours look like?

Christmas Stockings
Christmas Stockings (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2007 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Stockings Christmas

When we lived in the US and I was a kid we did. I was introduced to it in Salt Lake City. It is like having something 'extra' to look forward to on Christmas day.

14th Dec, 2007 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Christmas Stockings Christmas

I wasn't quite sure what you were meaning when you said it was something extra you looked forward to on Christmas day---did you guys hang them up prior to Christmas Eve as decoration? Or the night before so Santa could fill them during the night?

You know I am going to have to ask the kids, because I don't know if we have an "official" day of putting out stockings! Sad huh?

14th Dec, 2007 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Stockings Christmas

At the time, we would get them sometimes as gifts filed with stuff and then hang it up and open it on Christmas Day. Other times we bought it as a decoration and then filled it with sweets or whatever so it looked as though there was something to expect.

Being in the Caribbean our family is not much into decorations, plus our focus is more on the Nativity (covered in another Thread).

14th Dec, 2007 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Stockings Christmas

The older kids all assured me that we usually put them out about a week before Christmas--they said it is so the little kids will be excited....sure! Although we do decorate some we also choose to focus on the main reason of the season.

Each person in our family has their own special stocking, that says something about their personality or likes, etc. Some years they may change, but we always keep the old ones to remember what they liked at various stages.

As of last year we started putting a pin on their stocking to represent something they were doing that year. We had two that played soccer this year and will probably get that type of pin. We thought it would help see how they grow in things they like or are interested in.

15th Dec, 2014 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Stockings

Christmas stockings are cool but besides candy what are some UNIQUE things I can put in there as gifts? Looking for ideas.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Dec, 2014 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Stockings

Christmas Stockings are OK at times of the Holidays because you can get some things nice to eat or get something extra after the opening the gifts.

international QUOTE (SxyTeenGirl)
But besides candy what are some UNIQUE things I can put in there as gifts?

Here are some things that could be unique or useful for putting in the stockings, it could be a Snowglobe, a notebook, stickynotes, a pair of socks, a watch, or some mustache glasses that are fun at times.

15th Dec, 2014 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Stockings Christmas

laugh.gif Those are cool ideas Felipe, I like the one about the mustache glasses, I think I might get something along those lines... Something funny rather than sentimental.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Christmas Stockings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,