Cluster Bombs - Page 2 of 3

Even with other major countries banning the - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2010 - 8:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Ban them?
Post Date: 29th May, 2008 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs
A Friend

Cluster Bombs - Page 2

I believe I have heard that even Britain is banning them. If this is true maybe the big powers will take notice and ban them too. We will have to wait and see.

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2008 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Bombs Cluster

The question is can the little guys embarrasses the others into compliance. I think it will take the remainders who have not committed to sit down and bash it out but I have little hopes for that. After all they are just a nasty way of getting done what is required.

It is not like nukes or germ war fair were yes you wiped out the enemy but the winds blows the fall out back in your face and you get wiped out as well.

No one complained when similar tactics used in WWII to win the war.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cluster Bombs History & Civil Business Politics

Cluster bomb treaty to be signed

The first of more than 100 countries are due to sign a treaty that will ban the use and stockpiling of cluster bombs.
Ref. Source 4

3rd Dec, 2008 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bombs Cluster

First off, if you are in a area where cluster bombs are being dropped, you probably need to relocate. I knew they were going to liken these to landmines. Actually, there are some key differences. Landmines are hidden. No one is accidentally going to set off a cluster bomb. They are usually detonated with a purpose.

The cluster bomb scatters them from above. Yes, some of them that dont fire might be hidden from view, but they wont be burried. Cluster bombs are not intended for later use. They are ideally meant to all be exploded the instant they reach the target. The land mines wait and hide for someone to trip them.

With this philosophy, we should eliminate grenades as well. Because if they dont explode on the battlefield someone could later injure themselves by handling the unexploded munition. Actually, with this in mind, we should make all munitions illegal because they dont all have a 100% firing rate and can hurt someone later.

If you ban cluster bombing, you just green lighted fire bombing as the only option available. It is like a cluster bomb...just no bomblets...only bombs. The objective wont go away...the solution just becomes different and there is no real good way to kill a lot of troops selectively if they are hidding amoung civilians.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 3rd Dec, 2008 - 1:53pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs
A Friend

Bombs Cluster

The cluster bombs I think most are talking about are the ones that are laid as land mines from the air. They do not explode on impact but lay there in wait for someone to walk across them as in a land mine. Laying these type of cluster bombs from the air can make getting to a river or other important place interesting.

3rd Dec, 2008 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs

When they hit the ground would they not bury them selves a bit? Bullets or any other ammo or bomb used in war will sometimes not fire and lay in wait for a civilian in later years. So no that is not a valid reason for not using them.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2010 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cluster Bombs - Page 2

Cluster bomb ban comes into effect :

The United States, the world's largest producer with the biggest stockpile of 800 million submunitions, has refused to sign the treaty so far, although it says it will ban the weapon from 2018. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2010 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Cluster Bombs
A Friend

Cluster Bombs Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Even with other major countries banning the cluster bomb I think other countries will still use them. Getting rid of the massive storage of cluster bombs the USA has will take a few years and I can see them then signing this treaty.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Cluster Bombs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,