What Players Like? Should I Be A GM? - Page 2 of 6

I'll bet you would do that too. Hav - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2010 - 12:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
20th Jan, 2009 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

What Players Like? Should I Be A GM? - Page 2

You see what I'm saying you were probably like one of those born to DM that I was talking about. I don't have akll that running in my scenarios so I'm just tter off as a player. I don't mind anyway, I like being a player.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2009 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

What Players Like? Should I Be A GM?
A Friend

GM Be Should Like Players What

I like both sides. I think that what helps me be a better dm. Being a pc you can relax and react to what the dm throws at you. I do try to put some fun into it. Like having to buy a camp. Everyone needs them because they are always breaking camp. smile.gif

13th Jan, 2010 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

What Players Like? Should I Be A GM? Reviews RPG & Card Board

Interesting to come across this thread again, as I posted in it once long ago.

I now see KNtoran's meaning about the Party Leader method, and I can see its use, though I'm still not immediately convinced of its utility in tabletop - it seems like it would more get in the way, though I admit I've never tried to run a Party Leader style game.

Also, as anyone who has seen the Board/Card/RPG Review section lately, I've posted basically this same question, asking any RPG players to post what kind of game they'd prefer, among a short list I feel I'd be able to run, but besides one person, nobody else has even commented, so I'd note this is one problem, at least with forum games, is getting interest in a game.

13th Jan, 2010 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Page 2 GM Be Should Like Players What

I think the story is important and good players to be with. You need both. You can have a GM putting out the best and then have players with stupid decisions and just behaving like kindergarden yeah I was there before. Opposite is true too, you can have a cool players and a really boring storyline cause the GM just doesn't know what he's doing. One thing I like about here is that you get both, eeryone is serious, probably even more serious than I am about the game plus the GM puts in real effort to make it a good experience for everyone thank you!

5th May, 2010 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

GM Be Should Like Players What

I think being a GM can be an learned skill. I myself tried often to GM games when I was younger and failed badly. I still make big mistakes but I just enjoy GM'ing to a point I can't give up trying to get it right. You learn what to say and how not to say it, and what not to say and how to say it. It is a learning process a lot of times and I would venture to say there are very few "born GM's". If you want to learn how the best way is to watch others. Pay attention to the styles of other GMs and try to incorporate that in your own campaign. At least until you feel yourself becoming more comfortable and at ease with making things in your own style.

Also if you have played for some time as a PC, stepping outside the GM mindset, and looking at the game your running as strictly a PC goes a long way.

I find having a good sound idea of what type of campaign you are trying to run very helpful. Sit down and write out a few small scenarios. Draw up some basic maps and think about what is going on in that land. Soon you will find your imagination is running off in different directions. Focus on one and develope that for a while. Then try to develope some other area or "path". If you practice this and write all this down I find after a while you'll have a very good picture of what it is your trying to achieve.

Also everything everyone else said is also true. If you pick up a DMG you can find a lot of helpful information in there as well. On how to deal with the plights of GM's

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 5th May, 2010 - 1:08am

13th May, 2010 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

What Players Like? Should I Be A GM?

I was thinking like the more involved your players are the more they'll probably want the game updated faster too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2010 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

What Players Like Should Be GM - Page 2

I wonder how you guys will survive with me as the dungeon master? *evil laughter echoing*

I'd probably ship wreck you guys on an island where Amazonian women control the turf and see how you guys do.

3rd Jun, 2010 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

What Players Like Should Be GM Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I'll bet you would do that too. Hav you ever ran a game before or are you thinking about doing it for the first time?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: What Players Like? Should I Be A GM?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,