My Little Pony RPG - Page 3 of 4

I have created the Review Thread for my Ponyfinder: - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th Jan, 2016 - 3:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  My Little Pony RPG
27th Jan, 2016 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG - Page 3

There is also consideration of the Ponyfinder Campaign Setting by David Silver of Silver Games LLC. He has created a few resources for this setting and is made to fall right in with Pathfinder proper. As in you could have ponies right alongside more humanoid races or have it purely be that of the races of the plane of Everglow.

Myself, I had a campaign in mind mixing the Ponyfinder Campaign Setting with the show proper MLP:FiM. Admittingly, there would be a few considerations made, such as a less combat heavy roleplay focused more on exploration and discovery, creating scenarios and encounters which could be overcome non-violently. Also that of deities and religion, along with how magic should work... Which I may use Spheres of Power of Drop Dead Studios to fall more in line with how magic works in the show.
-

The basic synopsis of the campaign would be as follows:

international QUOTE
Equestria is a land of magic, joined by the allied Crystal Empire in more recent history, a nation built upon the principles of Harmony, Unity, and Friendship. Where ponies and other races may join together for a common cause, bringing about grand cities and close-knit towns. Where ponies may discover their destiny and pursue their dreams, show by a cutiemark that guides their lives. Following the three Divine Lights that are the holy sisters Celestia and Luna, joined later by the crystal princess Cadance.

Yet this land is also a place of danger and uncertainty, with a long past where legends and folklore can prove true with the appearance of many threats long forgotten. Also, not all believe in the ideals taught by the Divine Lights, that of Harmony and Friendship, selfishly following their own path without concern for others. With power to be gained and ancient secrets discovered not all is as it seems. Celestia’s divine Light hiding many things over the millennium she ruled alone as well as time before with her beloved sister. The Times of Discord, that of Eternal Night’s Fall, the Tyranny of the Shadow King, this and more that have revealed themselves to but a few.

Now, with such examples as the Paragons of Harmony and heroes older still record in lore, adventurers and others have come forth in to find adventure and fortune. To gain fame or infamy, uncover knowledge and lost artifacts of the past, to fight monsters and villains that others would tremble in fear at.

Will you follow the call? That of adventure in an age where friendship is taught yet darkness and regrets can be found, of dangers and monsters, secrets and mysteries. So much can be found for the curious and strong of heart, the timid and the brash, the elegant and the hardworking.

Sponsored Links:
27th Jan, 2016 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

RPG Pony My

Thomaslee, I take it that you want to GM a game with this theme or are you just writing openly?

That part you had in italics that I put as a quote comes from the campaign setting you mentioned earlier?

Will potential Players need to know the Pathfinder system in order to play "Ponyfinder"?

I like that you will focus more on adventure / role-play than combat and I would suggest as simple a system as possible to make that possible so players are not bogged down by rules.

27th Jan, 2016 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

Yes, I do want to GM a game with this theme and is actually one of the campaigns I was considering on here once I was more comfortable with the way things work on this forum. Also, I was essentially quoting myself when it came to that synopsis from where I originally posted the campaign. Sorry for the confusion.

On what potential Players need to know, yes Ponyfinder is for those with understanding of the Pathfinder system. At least basic understanding of the rules would be needed.

It would be using the same classes, though a different magic system (Again, Spheres of Power). I admit though that I'm not quite sure how I can offer what is in Spheres of Powers and the Ponyfinder Campaign Setting for players since such is not yet available d20pfsrd.com. Race information, deities, and other such information involving Ponyfinder and Everglow itself will be provided in my Rules & Policies. I may need to discuss with you JB how I can fully provide all necessary information and rules, since linking outside the site is against the rules.

Simple rules could allow for an easier to setup roleplay when it comes to My Little Pony, for both Players and Game Masters, but wouldn't be the sort of campaign I would want to setup. Though if a Pathfinder campaign is unmanageable I may consider free forum... I just prefer a concise and detailed rules system where I can avoid uncertainty that can come with a rules light system.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Jan, 2016 - 11:17pm

27th Jan, 2016 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 RPG Pony My

Thomaslee, good, if you are serious in being a GM then this is what you should do:

1. Read and make sure you agree to what is here: How To Be A Game Master.

2. Start your Review Thread as explained in the link I just gave. Then we can fully Discuss how we will tackle the issues and setup surrounding your Role-playing Game in that Thread.

27th Jan, 2016 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

RPG Pony My

I'd likely be interested in playing so long as there wasn't a huge focus on randomly generating all elements of the character. One of the elements that have kept me from trying to join some games I'd otherwise be interested in is I don't want my character's age, appearance, and background to be randomly determined. If I'm going to write a character, I want to make a character I know I'll enjoy writing.

27th Jan, 2016 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

My Little Pony RPG

Yes, I am serious, and I will make sure that I fully read through everything before finding time to create the Review Thread when I am able JB.

Rather off topic, but...
Sighs, I just wish I could afford Premium Membership, that way I would have access to the PM feature.

---
Corinthi, I can assure that in my campaign I don't plan for character creation to have a lot of random generation or really any at all. Things like age, appearance, and background will be completely up to the player... Though with a few rules in play for such. For example when it comes to deciding on a character's name, cutiemark, and special talent. That is if they have a cutiemark and special talent.

One thing I will warn though, is that I will prefer Players to roll their stats in some method. Still, with this, I will offer a few different methods and allow the party to agree on which one to use.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Jan, 2016 - 12:23am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2016 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

My Pony RPG - Page 3

Thomaslee, starting a Review Thread about your prospective Little Pony themed Role-playing Game does not mean you are starting the game, it means that you are announcing your intentions and hashing out the very thing you mentioned above. It is better to do it sooner than later so you can shape what your Role-playing Game will really be as well as know how many Players are interested. Lastly, it prevents turning this Thread into a Review Thread about your prospective Role-playing Game.

Rather off topic, but...
Not sure how Private Messaging is relevant as it is not needed to run Role-playing Games here, but if you have any questions you can please ask in your Intro Thread.

28th Jan, 2016 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

My Pony RPG Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

I have created the Review Thread for my Ponyfinder: Age of Adventure Campaign using the Pathfinder System. Source 5m.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Jan, 2016 - 3:44am

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: My Little Pony RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,