Confederate Flag

Confederate Flag - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Dec, 2016 - 12:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
  Confederate Flag Confederate statues
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2015 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Confederate Flag

About 57% of Americans say Confederate flag symbolizes Southern pride more than racism, a CNN/ORC poll says, though opinions are sharply divided by race.

Among blacks, 72% see the flag as a symbol of racism while just 25% of whites agree. In the South, the racial divide is even broader.

While 75% of Southern whites describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18% call it a symbol of racism, those figures are almost exactly reversed among Southern blacks, with just 11% seeing it as a sign of pride and 75% viewing it as a symbol of racism. Ref. CNN.

Confederate Flag
Confederate Flag (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2015 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Flag Confederate

I understand the need to ban it from public buildings but ban it from everywhere is taking it over the top. The Confederate flag like any other flag is just a piece of history that won't go away.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2015 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Confederate Flag
A Friend

Confederate Flag History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with Roger's statements about the use of the Confederate flag. Banning it would be inconsistent - I believe that people are allowed to own and wear the swastika. America's a free country.
I was in Germany at the time of the 2006 (Soccer) World Cup. It was a pleasure to talk to many ordinary Germans waving flags and singing the national anthem for the first time: until this event, these badges had been considered the property of the extremists. Symbols can change in meaning. I encourage non-racists of the Confederacy who are proud of their flag to continue. Symbols can change their associations. Is the Beetle still seen as Hitler's car?

Reconcile Edited: Adelardus on 3rd Jul, 2015 - 6:20am

3rd Jul, 2015 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Flag Confederate

Symbols do change and right now the Confederate flag symbolizes hatred for black people. Since the gay marriage law took over the news the burning of nine black churches in the south did not take major news, however that is what is happening now since the shootings at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 20 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2%

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2015 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Flag Confederate

The South Carolina Senate has passed a bill that would remove the Confederate flag from capitol grounds.

The measure passed by a 36-3 vote, and the bill now moves to the House. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2015 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Confederate Flag

S.C. House votes to take down Confederate flag

South Carolina lawmakers on Thursday approved a measure that would not allow the Confederate flag to fly on the state Capitol grounds. The vote came after several hours of debate and after the state Senate approved the bill earlier this week. The bill now heads to Republican Gov. Nikki Haley to sign into law. Supporters of the flag hold it up as a symbol of Southern pride while critics say it is a symbol of support for slavery and racism. Ref. USAToday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2016 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Confederate Flag

Confederate flag at West Jordan-sponsored derby causes stir

West Jordan officials say they are "Very disappointed" after a Confederate flag was included in the salute. Ref. Source 9j.

28th Dec, 2016 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Confederate Flag Politics Business Civil & History

While I do feel the government cannot or should not force people from making private use of the Confederate flag, yet I do strongly agree that for public or governmental buildings it should not be raised.

Again, even if many, especially among Southerners, many not see it as racist for many more it is a symbol of such or at least one of selfish freedom of choice at the expense of others.

All in all, I feel it needs to be remembered that the South lost, and through this lost slavery was banned. Even if to one extent or another for many of been an excuse on both sides.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 24 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.4%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Confederate Flag

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,