Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews - Page 8 of 10

Actually, I think most of the times I'm - Page 8 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Sep, 2016 - 12:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Reviews for this RPG are placed here.
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews
20th Oct, 2015 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews - Page 8

I prefer that all rolls apply to the round that you're in. However, the way I like to do crits is that if you roll a '20', you get to roll again and if that attack hits, you get full damage as if it's a second attack.

The way I see it, that gives a goblin a small chance of taking out an ogre with one hit if he rolls enough 20's in a row. I know that's far fetched, but that's still a possibility.

As far as game mechanics are concerned, I think four attack rolls and four damage rolls are a pretty good balance. That way you have a couple of extra rolls in case you do roll a 20.

Also, if a 20 is rolled that doesn't have a follow on roll, I'll just double the damage for that attack.

So, as an example, the character rolls:

Attack: 20, 20, 18, 20
Damage: 7, 3, 5, 8

Say the character above get's two attacks in a round. The first attack would equal 15 due to the two 20's and, assuming the 18 hits, the 18. The corresponding damage rolls are 7, 3, and 5.

Now the second attack only has a roll of 20. That means it's a critical, but the character doesn't have any additional attack rolls to support it. In this case, you can either go back in and edit your post to add additional rolls or, if that's all I have to work with, I'll just double the damage for that 20, giving a damage of 16.

Alternatively, if the character only hits on the first two, or doesn't hit at all, I ignore the rest of the rolls unless the player doesn't include any in their next post. Then I'll go back and see if there are any unused rolls in their last post.

That's kind of the way that I've been playing it up to this point unless you all have other ideas that we should try.

Sponsored Links:
20th Oct, 2015 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Reviews Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

international QUOTE (Falrun)
Also, if a 20 is rolled that doesn't have a follow on roll, I'll just double the damage for that attack.

Actually, it does if you select "Yes" Under "Explode / Implode D20" In the Embedded Dice. You will probably need to remind your Players during combat. You can read about this feature under: Embedded Dice Support.

25th Oct, 2015 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews Reviews RPG & Card Board

One thing for sure you're game is pretty active. Whenever I click on the "What's New" Button one of your threads is like right there. Must be cooking something good in there. wink.gif

10th Jan, 2016 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Reviews Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

You say it is Basic AD&D, yet the title says 2nd AD&D. If memory serves, Basic came before 2nd and the rules are a bit different?

Glad I cam here, as it allows for a few of my questions on the setting to be answered. This does mean I may well have a fair bit of reading to do if my character is approved, since I do want him to be a scholar that knows the land's history.

At least a post a day can also work, if not more then once a day, yet given how I have a full time job most of my posting will be in the evening (Eastern Standard Time).

6th Jul, 2016 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Reviews Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Falrun, I've been dropping hints to your Role-playing Game here and there. Some have expressed interest and may have even joined for it, whether they will go forward I do not know but just giving you the heads up.

7th Sep, 2016 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews

Of late this Role-playing Game has taken on a different timing. It used to be active all the time but now it is like rush bursts of constant posting all at once and then sporadic and then a lull. Its still pretty active just saying the way my email box gets filled up with like 4-5 replies within a few minutes is kind of funny.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Sep, 2016 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews - Page 8

I noticed that also. I wait all day then bam a flood of emails. Sometimes the tension gets to me waiting to react.

10th Sep, 2016 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 8

Actually, I think most of the times I'm the one that gets things flowing and its mostly done by picking on other characters. It shouldn't be that way, other players can take the initiative.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Reviews

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,