Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 5 of 533

In Character: The passage through the gate - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jul, 2015 - 12:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
17th Jul, 2015 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 5

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Oberon takes a moment in silence over Bombur's body to make his silent good-byes while Yousiem and Gervase watch in respectful silence.

Once Oberon is finished, all three climb solemnly aboard the wagon to finish their six mile journey in silence.

After about an hour of quite travel, the party sees the keep on their right, about a half mile from the main road. A well used path leads up an eighty foot plateau which appears to be entirely occupied by the keep, its 30' walls standing grim sentry over the lands around it.

As the wagon rolls down the path, the party notices an attempt at plowed fields on either side of the road. The fields closer to the keep seem to be doing better than the one farther away as they seem to be plagued by raids from both small and large beasts.

Even from the road the keep is an impressive sight: a mighty castle perched on a plateau with a path climbing steeply up beneath frowning guard towers until it reaches the main gate. Crenelated battlements line the walls, offering plenty of cover for archers to attack any foes coming up the exposed path. As you draw near, a clanging as of a great gong goes up from one of the towers that overlooks the path. Clearly, your approach has been noticed.

You continue on your way, your back itching as you try not to think about deadly arrows suddenly being launched in your direction. Following the curve of the path around to the side, you come to the great gate - a drawbridge flanked by 30' high watchtowers. As you approach, a guard in one of the watchtowers hails you.

"Halt! Who goes there? Friend or foe?!?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2015 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

In Character: "We are friends sent by the smiths of Longspear. We bring a consignment of their weapons to arm you in your struggle. We also bring grim news. Halfling raiders ambushed us as we approached. Though we fought them off, an unlucky arrow felled our brave companion and friend, Bombur the dwarf. We carry his body in this blanket to give him the burial he deserved. What Gods are honoured here? Does Kendall's Keep house a dwarf-chapel, or an allied church that can give him the necessary rites?"
Specific Action: Inkfinger examines Kendall's Keep as we speak. Its defenses seem good but how big is the garrison - 10 men or 1000+? How's their morale? - do they carry out their tasks well or is there obvious neglect?
Out of Character: Did Gervase find any markings or information on the halflings?

18th Jul, 2015 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

For Lunithion and Rethal: You rush towards the square that holds your gear as Falrun finishes off the last attacker. You both reach the square at the same time and experience a great bright flash which leaves you disoriented, dizzy, and a bit shaken. As your vision clears and your stomach settles you find yourself standing outside on a dirt road behind a wagon. The wagon appears to be filled with supplies, mostly weapons, and a large wrapped object. The object appears to be the size and shape of a humanoid, roughly the size of a dwarf. Sitting in the front of the wagon you can make out three characters, a dwarf and two half elves. The wagon sits in front of a castle. The drawbridge is lowered and spans a gap between the road and the gate house, stretching over a 40' deep ravine. A portcullis is lowered preventing the wagon from advancing.

For Grevase and Oberon: The watchman hears your reply and calls out for you to hold your position as he disappears behind the battlements. You hear a heavy door open and close. At the same time you notice the one or two other watchmen follow the movements of the guard who leaves his post to open the portcullis. At that moment, you also feel a strange nauseousness as well as a dizziness as if you were just hit in the back of the head by an invisible assailant. As you turn around in your seats, you see a human and a gnome standing behind the wagon wearing nothing more than a loin cloth with a set of gear at each of their feet.

Yousiem, lost in his own musings of grief and pain from the loss of Bambur, doesn't seem to notice or react.

Grevase: You did not notice anything that stood out from the halflings. They all wore leather armor and were armed with short swords and short bows. Also, you are not able to discern anything about the keep from this point other than it has seen at least one siege in its relativity short life as it appears to be no more than 50 years old based on age of the stone and style of construction.

Reconcile Edited: Falrun on 18th Jul, 2015 - 12:58pm

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2015 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

In Character: The skinny half-elf brushes his blond mop from his eyes and gapes stupidly at the new-comers. "Where did you come from and who are and why aren't you wearing clothes?" He asks in a croaky teenage voice.
As an after thought he grabs his shield and jumps to the ground. "Don't act too hasty" He warns, " - my dwarven friend's axe strikes like lightening and Lady Fortune is favouring my mace today!" Though the young half-elf bares the banner of Heironeous the Paladin-God on his shield, his loose-fitting studded leather and thin, bookish looks are far from the stereotype of this order. He tries to look brave and tough. "Speak!"

18th Jul, 2015 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #
Lunithion Lightfoot
Fighter Illusionist
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

A Crafty and handsome Gnome says...

Lunithion, is quite stunned by the sudden change. He still has not registered that someone is talking to him. He looks around and sees the sky and the ground and the woods. Than it all clicks, he is free. He jumps up and down with delight, hooting and hollering, "What an adventure! What an adventure! " He than sees the wagon and the people looking back at him. He sees the contents of the wagon and his smile is whiped away. "Lunithion is my name, I appologize for my actions. I just gained my freedom." He notices he is still unclothed. "I appologize for my appearance as well." He will proceed with putting hit clothes on, offering a smile as he gets his gear back on. When complete, he will speak to the young one who hopped down for the wagon, "May I ask where this is and who are you?"

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2015 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rethal looks around stunned. He looks at the people in the wagon and simply says, "I do not know what happened we were captive and we found our gear and now we are here. Do you have a healer I got a bit of a nasty cut on my shoulder here." Rethal then sits down and starts getting his gear back on.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2015 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 5

As Rethal looks at his cut, he finds it fully healed. Possibly an effect of the 'event' that brought him and Lunithion to this place.

Oberon stands up in the wagon and turns to the two new-comers. "Maybe this is a sign that our paths are intertwined and fate would have us move forward on this journey, together."

As he speaks, the portcullis is raised, inviting the party to enter the small courtyard with their wagon. The courtyard is almost 30' deep and 10' wide. In front of the wagon is another large wooden gate with a normal door built into it. You can see overhead the murder holes in the ceiling that are used to pour hot oil on enemies should they get past the crevasse and try breaking down the gate. You also notice, with a shiver, the arrow slits on either side as you glimpse a guard or two standing ready with longbows should you prove to be anything other than friendly.

Once you are fully in the courtyard, a shutter at the back of a barred window on the right hand door opens and a woman's face scrutinizes you with deliberation. "Welcome to Kendall Keep" She says.

She looks you up and down, her eyes resting thoughtfully on your exposed weaponry. "I'm Sabine, the Gatekeeper" She goes on. "This is a peaceable place. We don't like brawling in the streets, folks stabbed in the tavern, or anything like that. Keep your weapons sheathed within the walls and stay out of trouble, and you'll find the keep a home away from home. Stir up trouble and you'll wish you never came here. I guarantee it."

And with one last comment she says, "Now put a peace-knot on those weapons and we'll let you in."

Note: A peace-knot ties your weapon to its sheaf. It will require an extra round for you to untie the knot to draw your weapon.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2015 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

In Character: The passage through the gate and Sabine's introduction give the young half-elf time to at least begin to recover his wits. As he ties peace-knots to his weapons (A mace and sling) he addresses his companion, "Its a long time since you last interpreted a sign, Oberon, but I will not doubt your dwarven senses."
Turning to the newcomers, he says, "I am Gervase of Longspear..." He waits anxiously, expecting you to recognise his name. When you don't, he brightens up, saying, "I see you really aren't from these parts! We are entering Kendall's Keep on the Borderlands of the Yeomanry League. It's a dangerous spot. We've come looking for the temple of a cult that once existed around here. Who knows, maybe your destiny lies on the same route?"
We must deliver this consignment to the keep's quartermaster and the body of our fallen comrade to a chapel. Once that is done, lets meet in a tavern to consider this strange fate that has brought us together."
Specific Action: Inkfinger delivers the weapon's consignment to the armouries and then visits the chapel. If it has any relations with Bombur's God, we will leave the corpse with a letter of condolence for his next of kin in Longspear. Then the tavern!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (533) »

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.