Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 6 of 533

Rethal calls for a mug of ale as he takes - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Jul, 2015 - 9:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 533 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2015 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 6

Rethal ties his long sword in and unstrings his bow. He looks to Sabine and thanks her for the welcome and advise. After that he listens to Gervase says. "I am Rethal Glad to meet you. I will meet you in the tavern."

Rethal heads to the closest tavern still wondering how he came to be here.

Sponsored Links:
19th Jul, 2015 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Out of Character: : I've had maps of the keep and of the surrounding area posted to the first page of this thread for your reference.

Back to story: Sabine opens the gate and requires you to sign the log book with your name and reason for visiting the keep.

She takes down your account of being accosted on the road by halflings and says she'll send a patrol to check out the area but that you should check back with her tomorrow in case additional questions need to be answered based on the patrol's reconnaissance of the area.

She also has a group of soldiers unload the wagon and directs you towards the stables across from the gate house to store your wagon and horses while you are here.

As for Bambur's body, you have essentially two choices, he can either be cremated or you can ship his body back to Longsaddle. In either case, you'll have to address Bambur's personal belongings. His axe is of good quality, but nothing special. His chain armor, however, is some of the best that Sabine has seen. Either Oberon can keep it as payment for your services as guards or you can pack it up for shipment back to Longsaddle, as well.

Yousiem has been unusually quite this entire time and, once all of the arrangements have been taken care of, walks quietly with Rethal to the tavern.

On your way to the tavern, you notice that the keep isn't quite what you expected. While everything seems to be in order and running smoothly, there are fewer guards visible than you would have expected to see. You also notice that the siege weapons, catapults and ballista, are not being kept up to Oberon's dwarven standards and, in some cases, don't appear to be functional at all.

19th Jul, 2015 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #
Lunithion Lightfoot
Fighter Illusionist
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A Crafty and handsome Gnome says...

Lunithion, having gathered up his gear and dressed appropriately, will also head to the tavern and wait to meet his new friends. He is busy preparing the story that he will share to all that will listen. His first great adventure! He walks with his chest out and head held high. Time to celebrate he thinks to himself.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2015 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Rethal signs the log and puts down Visiting for reason. He does not know yet exactly were he is or how he came to be here. But he figures a couple drinks will help calm his nerves.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2015 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Gervase signs in, logging "Historical Research" As his reason. He pulls a large workbook from his backpack and starts reading it as he follows the others through the fortress, treading in droppings and tripping over stones in his abstraction. "I'm sure there was some reference to a tavern - what was it called?...ah yes, The Green Man! Let me buy you all a drink in the Green Man, if it still exists, and explain my quest."

20th Jul, 2015 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Watcher from the Aether says...

After completing your business at the gatehouse, you head south, past the warehouse, and round the corner to the west. Walking between the keep's residential apartments and the merchant shops you pass the Armorer/Smithy, The General Store, and pass in between the Trader and a Pawn Shop before entering the keep's market area.

The market area is adorned with several tents occupied with merchants who are passing through the keep trying to make one extra sale before packing up and moving on to their next destination as well as local farmers trying to make a living on their meager crops. This also appears to be a daily stop for most people as the keep's well is situated in the center of the market making it a daily stop for water.

In the north east corner of the market you spot a two story building. The bottom half is made of sturdy stone while the top half is made of wood. The roof, though tall, is still not tall enough to reach beyond the height of the 30' walls which surround the keep. The building is the Green Man Inn.

Next to the Green Man Inn and at a 90 degree angle to the Green Man is the One-Eyed Cat tavern.

Deciding to grab a drink and wash the dust of the road from your throats, you head to the tavern.

Inside you find a typical keep tavern. The place is dim, filled with smoke and the smell of a busy kitchen. The place appears to just be getting started for the evening as the room is only about 1/4 full.

Based on your first observation, you can see a hardy middle-aged barman who seems to be willing to share a tale as quickly as he is a smile or drink. A young lass weaves in between the tables and patrons dishing out food and drinks as if she'd been doing it for 30 years rather than the 2 or 3 that you guess based on her young age.

The only two people that you spot that seem out of place in this tavern are a rather large warrior woman sitting in the back corner of the tavern at a table by herself, and a more petite young lady dressed in sage's robes having a glass of wine at the bar and talking to the barkeep.

As you walk in the barkeep looks up and calls out, "Welcome to the One-Eyed Cat! Is there anything I can get you?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jul, 2015 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #
Ilthin
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 6

Ignoble says...

Oberon signs the book and notes "Delivery of arms" As his reason for arrival. He is still stunned at Bambur's death. The dwarf had been almost a second father to him (And had been a third cousin, once removed on his mother's side in the way of a close dwarven tribe).

"Sabine, I must first attend to my friend. Is there a temple of Heronimous in town, and if not where can I arrange for proper rites? And where can I find the post to send a letter back to my people?"

He takes his seat in the wagon and waits for directions.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2015 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Rethal calls for a mug of ale as he takes a seat at a table. He will ask the girl what the special is today as she passes by.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 20th Jul, 2015 - 9:50pm

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.