Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 8 of 533

Oberon stops and thinks for a moment after - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jul, 2015 - 2:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 533 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (533) »
Closed
Only Players who have created approved Characters can Post here. The main game is also updated here. Falrun is your Dungeon Master.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
22nd Jul, 2015 - 3:50am / Post ID: #
Ilthin
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 8

Ignoble says...

First things first. Oberon takes Bambur's body to the temple. Dismounting from the wagon he calls out for a cleric or an acolyte to show him where he can lay out the corpse and prepare the necessary rites.

He is glad that it is St. Cuthbert's temple he is in. Even as disconsolate as he his some part of his mind can't help but be aware that he would easily be taken in by an unscrupulous priest demanding fees. He hopes the Green Man can support a final toast in true dwarven style.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2015 - 11:14am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

The Watcher from the Aether says...

Oberon meets the cleric of St. Cuthbert's chapel. He introduces himself as Abercrombie. As soon as Oberon explains what happened, Abercrombie expresses that he is sorry for his loss and then goes cleanly into a sermon/tirade on banditry and lawlessness on the roads and how all bandits will eventually be beaten down by St. Cuthbert's mighty club. Any arrangements you would like to make are free, but a 'donation' of 10 gp is customary.

The serving girl at the One Eyed Cat finally re-appears with Rethal's meal. It's a hot steaming plate of pork with potatoes and beans on the side.

As Rethal is looking around, he realizes the large warrior woman in the back corner is actually wearing a mask, hiding her features. At the same time, she has not taken her eyes off of the party since they entered the tavern.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2015 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

When Oberon arrives, Gervase orders a drink for everyone on the group and offers a toast in memory of Bombur. Then he explains that he's on a quest to replace a lost book for his temple. The chapters are scattered, but one lies in the altar of a cultists temple that existed in these parts. "Ultimately, this is why I'm adventuring. But I understand the realities of life - I'll need companions if I'm to be successful, and working in a team requires give and take - I can agree to support you with my healing and magic in your endeavours if you help me."
"I don't know too much about the temple's precise location, but fortunately I've just met a sage who is researching cults. Maybe she can help..."
Specific Action: After buying a round to toast Bombur, Gervase asks Aseneth to explain what she knows to the group.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2015 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Rethal eats his meal while listening to people talk. He will nod his head at Gervase wanting companions and will agree to join him in the quest.

22nd Jul, 2015 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #
Ilthin
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Edition nd Falruns

Ignoble says...

Oberon thanks Abercrombie profusely and sets up to have the remains cremated and delivered to the guild house for delivery back to his family. He will leave 15gold as a tribute to the temple and inform Abercrombie that the city watch is now well armed if he wants to lead a bandit hunt and that he would be glad to join in.
Heading to the guild he will write up a letter and arrange to send it and the remains on.
After a quick trip to stable the horses he will meet Grease and interrupt him. "Don't take this ill my friend but I am family and claim first toast" He inquires if the bar has any dwarves ale, If not he orders GOOD whisky.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2015 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gervase gives way to Oberon's claim, of course. After a drink and some time to remember Bombur, he offeres a Church of Hieroneous funeral prayer and moves on:
What next, Oberon? We came here for the temple, but that's been here for at least sixty years. If you want to go after that last halfling bandit, then the temple will probably still be waiting. What do you think Aseneth?" He asks the woman in sage robes who's joined them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jul, 2015 - 9:47am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 8

The Watcher from the Aether says...

As Grevase tells his story and announces his quest to find the evil cult, Aseneth suddenly gets a look of concern on her previous smiling and carefree face.

Suddenly, the barkeep who overheard your announcement chimes in, "Evil cult? Evil cult? You're not looking to start anything in these parts, are you?!? The keep doesn't take kindly to any evil cults. And, the only one in the area was cleared out twenty years ago when a band of adventurers came through here and set everything ta' right."

"Granted, bandits have started appearing in the area of late and the keep hasn't had the resources to address them, but there ain't no evil cults in the area no more."

Aseneth, looking to calm the bartender, says, "No Wilf, he's not looking to join any cult, he's looking to destroy a cult and dismantle their alter. Nothing for you or the keep to get uptight about."

Looking much relieved, Wilf response, "Well, in that case, you might want to talk to old Cob. He knows this area better than any man here. But, just beware of the Spider Woods. I hear there are spiders the size of ponies waiting to devour those who aren't careful."

24th Jul, 2015 - 2:50am / Post ID: #
Ilthin
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

Ignoble says...

Oberon stops and thinks for a moment after Wilf's interruption. "My purpose travelling is to gain practical experience with the weapons I will be making so I would be glad to help you. But it seems to me that hunting down the Halfling might not only give Bambur's soul peace, it might give us a lead on where to look. I should like the loving touch of Bambur's axe would make him more than willing to make peace with us before being judged by whatever hell awaits him."

> TOPIC: Falrun's 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.