Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 43 of 48

Out of Character: Some page earlier I specifically - Page 43 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jan, 2016 - 8:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 48 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
This is where the Campaign is played out. ONLY the Dungeon Master and approved Players should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2016 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 43

"Yes, yes you are quite right Brennic. What say you all then?" Out of Character: I just noticed that on the character sheet app on my phone I have all my spell slots available. Does all your spells lots get replenished when you level? Does any spell slots replenish on a short rest?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2016 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

"Very well, I have recuperated all I can for now" says Aerendyl, "Resting more in the cave won't help much unless we sleep in there."

He smiles weakly. "I've heard your estimation of the situation and I will stand with you all. I can change into the lion and stay with Brennic and Alexi in the lead. Let us hope they don't have any more hobgoblins in there!"

If everyone heads back into the cave, Aerendyl will shape-shift into the lion once more and stay by the side of the leader.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2016 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Skreed gathers his effects, and holding his scavenged steel in one hand, leaning point-up against his shoulder,begins walking back toward the cave.

"If there are more of them in there, they'll be expecting us. Let's get this over with."

He pauses momentarily after walking a few yards before adding "If we get into trouble, hit the one with the most steel." He makes a gesture with the hobgoblin greatsword before letting it come to rest again on the meat of his shoulder.

Reconcile Edited: Skreed on 26th Jan, 2016 - 4:49pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 43 RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

As the five of you delve back into the cave you have more time to look around. (Take a torch from your inventory if you need one, I will assume you all have the light levels enough for all to see)

It is a simple cave, no side passages, no changes in elevation, just an old mining cave, the pick marks barely visible on the walls, burrowing into the hill.

You pass the bodies of the first Goblins you killed, and then come upon the slaughter you enacted after. Blood has gone everywhere, drying in thick dark crimson splashes and pools on the floor, and part way up the walls in places. All the bodies are still there, now cool. Several (Normal sized) rats scurry away as you approach, but otherwise the gruesome scene is silent.

Pressing past, the cave comes to an abrupt ending not much further in. It opens into a small area, large enough for 10-15 to rest comfortably. In the center is a large even stone rectangle, rising up out of the ground. (7'6", or 2.28m tall, and 3' or 0.91m wide).

Covering every single vertical side are runes, of a language none are immediately familiar with.

The rest of the area shows signs of goblin living. There are crude bedrolls that have unknown substances crusted upon them, a fire pit in one corner below a slight crack in the rock above...and a chest... Initial efforts to open the chest (Footlocker sized and heavy, very heavy) end when you realise it is locked.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

(Out of Character: The goblins who survived went deeper into the cave when they escaped, correct?)

"A few of these little ones weren't killed." He toes the corpse of a goblin.

He crouches around the bloodied area looking for fresh tracks that may show whether the survivors left the cave.

"Not sure where they could have gone. Someone check for trap doors."

Once finished he'll set his hunting trap at the cave entrance, obscuring it as best he can with debris.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Gradard suggests to Skreed "A strong fellow such as yourself should be able smash the lock on the chest. If I may, I should like to try to dismantle the lock first" Gradard gets out his tinkerers tools and tries to dismantle the lock to open the chest.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2016 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG - Page 43

The big lion follows Screed, looking around and smelling the floor and walls of the cave to make sure there are no more enemies about.

Out of Character: I'm going to assume the goblins are gone, or else I'll have to change this.

After finding no threat, Aerendyl stands and again takes the form of an elf. He approaches the obelisk and crouches to examine the runes, stretching out a hand but not touching the stone.

"Have any of you seen anything like this before? Is this what we came here to find?" he asks.

He puts down his pack and gets out the small rectangular stone with the symbols.

"Look here Gradard, Cadmus gave this to me" he says, "Do the runes on here look similar to the ones on that pillar?"

Out of Character: The small stone was found on page 19

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2016 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 43

Out of Character:
Some page earlier I specifically mentioned the goblins fled to the outside, so yes, there is no reason to think that the cave is unsafe unless they came back. You didn't see hide nor hair of em when you all came out either.

In Character:
Skreed, you spot the bloody tracks of the party and the fled goblins heading outside. Your marks going inwards once more have slightly scuffed the bloody tracks but they are still there.

Gradard you literally dismantle the lock, unscrewing the bolts with an uncommon tool that fits just fine you take the lock off. Then you realize that it would have been just as easy to pick the lock. It was a very simple device. However you can now take the lock if you want to keep it. DC 10 difficulty(To give an idea of how tough you think the lock is) if you want to use it to secure another box/chest.

Opening the chest you find the Goblin's wealth, Obviously cleaner than the goblins effects, the hobgoblin Captain must have been looking after it.
A treasure horde awaits!
174 gold
5 Gems, each worth 50g in normal conditions, Jasper, Citrine, Bloodstone, Quartz, Chalcedony
Three vials of curious liquids.
One: In yellow, an eyeball bobs
Two: Of silver, syrup it could be
Three: In nothing, a fingernail floats.

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.