Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review

Malcolmshaw' S Star Wars Rpg Review - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 27th Sep, 2015 - 5:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2015 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Continued from: Star Wars' Images Question

Everyone can use a little nudge.

So has there been someone else able to GM Star Wars Role-playing Game or were you referring to me?

Also the Dice Mechanic for the version I am considering would be a licensed product from Fantasy Flight Games.

However the D20 Saga Star Wars is also very good and may work with your current Embedded Dice program with little need for modification.

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2015 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Wars Star Malcolmshaws

Does Fantasy Flight Games have a licensed version of Star Wars that they publish as a table top Role-playing Game ? Or are you saying that their site runs a custom Star Wars Role-playing Game that you want to port here? If it is the later that may not work if it is exclusive to them.

Also, what makes the dice system so different? Do they have dice numbers outside of the usual D2 to D100?

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2015 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

So the dice are standard polyhedrals with the numbers replaced by a blank, a symbol, or a combination of symbols. There are no d4s, d20s or d100s.

FFG does not run a custom public game themselves. FFG has the current Role-playing Game license from LucasArts Ltd. There are 2 other published Star Wars Role-Playing Games.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2015 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Customized dice are the best way to describe it.

Fantasy Flight Games' d6s, d8s, and d12s are designed with special symbols that are designed for story telling not for number crunching. They are also specifically colored d6s (Light blue and black), d8s (Green and purple), d12s (Yellow, red, and white), and d10s are used for standard percentile dice. The dice also have specific names.

26th Sep, 2015 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Thank you for your explanation. I will itemize my comments so I can express / understand what you are replying to if you also follow by replying to the number points (If you please):

1. Even if they are symbols they should coincide with a number, not so? For instance one die might have 6 sides of symbols?

2. If this is the case I will just create a script to dish out the six symbols. I will assume that there are no 'bonuses' with symbols?

3. This means that the version of Star Wars you will be running is different from the D20 version that I understand is very similar to Dungeons & Dragons?

4. Does FFG have a kit for images, if they do not it is likely their license does not extend so I will still have to seek permission for this site. However, since you are affiliated with them already please inquire.

5. Does FFG have a policy about using their system in a Play By Post environment?

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2015 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks for thinking of numbering the items to be addressed. Should have thought of that earlier.

international QUOTE (JB)
1. Even if they are symbols they should coincide with a number, not so? For instance one die might have 6 sides of symbols?

Response: Yes, they do coincide with a number. In fact there is a chart with those numbers, the specific die, the die color, and the symbols referenced by that specific number.

international QUOTE (JB)
2. If this is the case I will just create a script to dish out the six symbols. I will assume that there are no 'bonuses' with symbols?

Response: There are (8) eight symbols, broken into three classifications. Positive Results, Negative Results, and Force Resources.

international QUOTE (JB)
3. This means that the version of Star Wars you will be running is different from the D20 version that I understand is very similar to Dungeons & Dragons?

Response: The FFG (Newest system) Star Wars is NOT a D20/Dungeons & Dragons version. I am however open to running the D20 Saga Edition or even the D6 Star Wars.

international QUOTE (JB)
4. Does FFG have a kit for images, if they do not it is likely their license does not extend so I will still have to seek permission for this site. However, since you are affiliated with them already please inquire.

Response: I have not found any kits and I believe you are correct that their license does not include licensed art.

I will continue to ask. Let us see if the greasy wheel gets an answer.

international QUOTE (JB)
5. Does FFG have a policy about using their system in a Play By Post environment?

Response: I am uncertain about a policy for Play By Post environment. I know that their game system is on RPoL, another server system I play on.

Again, I can follow through with FFG on these issues/concerns.

Any other questions or concerns, I would be happy to answer as best as I can.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2015 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

1 & 2. Please reference me that chart (Classification) if it is available 'open source' or in the public domain online. You can send the info to my Email via the Contact Page as you don't have the ability to link yet.

3, 4 & 5. For your other item responses, thank you and I will look out for your verification. I still have not heard back from Lucas Arts Ltd. Yet either.

UPDATE: Thanks for the Email. Those symbols can be duplicated easily. The same dice system can be used and I will just translate the result to the symbol or symbol name, same principle.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2015 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews

PICK YOUR FLAVOR of STAR WARS

West End Games - WEG
(Episodes 4, 5, & 6)
Dice Mechanic - D6
Racial Character Classes (RCC)
Occupational Character Classes (OCC)
Attributes - 6
Skills - share related attribute's value; can be increased separate of attributes.
Easiest system to understand.

Wizards of the Coast - D20
(Episodes 1, 2, and 3)
Dice Mechanic - D20
Racial Modifiers and Traits
Character Classes
Attributes - 6
Skills - those found within D20 universe.
Most familiar system

Fantasy Flight Games - FFG
(Episodes 7, 8 & 9)
Dice Mechanic - Customized d6, d8, d12; Standard d10 percentile
Racial Modifiers and Traits
Careers and Specializations
Attributes - 6
Skills - DO NOT share related attribute's value; more likely to be raised than attributes.
Newest system. Most complicated Character Generation. Best Story Telling elements.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Malcolmshaw's Star Wars RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,