Microfarad Introduction

Microfarad Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 6th Oct, 2015 - 1:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Microfarad Introduction
A Friend

Microfarad Introduction

Hello, I had expressed an interest in text Role-playing Games on Facebook and was invited to this forum because of the Role-playing Game boards. Besides text Role-Playing Games, my interests mostly relate to computer programming, electrical engineering, and music. I also enjoy writing. I am currently an undergraduate student at the University of Washington in the state of Washington majoring in electrical engineering. In my free time, I enjoy reading (Mostly technical material), experimenting with circuits, programming, listening to music such as classic rock / pop (The Kinks, Yes, The Buggles, The Rolling Stones, etc.) or modern electronic (Savant, Crystal Castles, Pendulum, various Chiptune, EDM, and Dubstep), and watching cartoons (Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty, Futurama, and others). Recently, I have developed a new interest in certain architectural styles, particularly brutalism, and enjoy looking at pictures of different buildings. Among these interests, I have the most expertise in computer programming, despite being an electrical engineering major, because I have been pursuing programming as both a hobby since middle school, and as a job during summer internships for the past two years. Since I am coming to this forum with an interest in text Role-Playing Games, it is also worthwhile mentioning my preferences in fiction. I enjoy science fiction, particularly dystopian and "Cyber punk" Genres, but also space opera. My favorite books include Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, The Star Fraction by Kenneth MacLeod, and A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter Miller. Movies tend to leave less of an impression on me than books, so it's hard to list favorites, but I enjoyed Star Wars trilogies, Blade Runner, Akira, Ghost in the Shell (And its sequel Innocence), and Interstellar. Television shows other than cartoons I have enjoyed include Dollhouse, Fringe, Firefly, Doctor Who, and Battlestar Galactica (Both old and new).

I look forward to browsing the threads on this forum!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Microfarad Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Microfarad! That is probably the most in depth introduction I have ever seen and I thank you for it. Maybe you will be able to get into more than just Role-playing Games here because we discuss all those things.

Horde gave you all the info to get involved but if you will like some help please do ask here and someone will assist.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2015 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Microfarad

Welcome to international Discussions Microfarad. Which Role-playing Game in particular did you join hoping to participate in? Which programming language do you specialize in?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2015 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Microfarad Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Microfarad

Hi,
The school year has just started and has been keeping me unexpectedly busy. I am taking a class on the Soviet Empire for I&S credits (Individuals and societies credits are a graduation requirement at my school). There has been a lot of reading for that particular class. Hopefully I will have some time to finally browse the forum soon. I haven't even looked at the Role-Playing Games yet!
I use several programming languages frequently and have about equal competency in C, which I use for my hobby projects, and C# which I use for work. C# is a highly productive language, but when I'm not at work I enjoy the process of building algorithms from the very ground up in C. It takes longer to get less impressive results, but I am an appreciator more so of the process than the product. Besides these, I often use Python, Java, and Visual Basic NET*. I also dabble in FORTH, Visual Basic for Applications, Javascript, MATLAB, and others as needed. Although this isn't strictly programming, I use Verilog and System Verilog for hardware design in my hobby projects. We also do Verilog and VHDL hardware design where I was working over the summer and will be working after I graduate this year, but I am involved on the software side of our projects and so work almost exclusively in C# there.
If I have any specific fields of interest they would be signal processing; computational geometry; and the study of emergent complexity in cellular automata, fractals, and other chaotic systems.

* The forum prevents posting the text (Dot)NET due to a resemblance to the (Dot)net top level internet domain. VB(Dot)NET is so called because it, like C#, is built on Microsoft's (Dot)NET framework. This disambiguates it from Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), and the older VB scripting languages.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2015 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,527
Flag Posts: 9,329
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.1%
[+] Gain: 715.87 FP
Charm: 159

Microfarad Introduction

Hi Microfarad and welcome. You sound like someone from the Big Bang Theory and I mean that in a good way. wink.gif If you ever get time you might be able to rub shoulders with one of my characters, until then keep withing!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Microfarad Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,