Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 8 of 14

QUOTE (Malcomshaw)I am currently working out - Page 8 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 11:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 14 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (14) »
Best of  Which PBP RPGs Want Play Raising The Dead Or Defunct Role-Playing Games
21st Nov, 2015 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 8

After such a long time there is no consensus despite all the Role-playing Games listed? Someone recently created a Traveller Role-playing Game after this Thread and it took off quickly. I will make another push. Feel free to like, comment or share if you see it. Hopefully it will attract some serious RPGers.

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?
Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Nov, 2015 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

Funny pic, it would have been cool if she was holding an Role-playing Game manual instead of a racket. laugh.gif I think that long list might work against itself. When you provide so many options people get lost in decision making. Maybe that is why the Traveller game started quickly because there was only one option: create character. In other words its either you're in or you're not rather than now having to decide what to play.

23rd Nov, 2015 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I would agree with Play by Posts assessment; I think with so many options it becomes scattershot and then title of the post doesn't necessarily suggest that it is thread looking for players. When I first came across the thread I thought, based on the title, that it was more of a discussion about old games until I read the opening post. If there was a specific game you wanted to play you may have more luck.

23rd Nov, 2015 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

This may seem unrelated or off topic but it isn't, I will explain. As part of my retirement from RPGs I've been trying to gather interest elsewhere so serious people can take over the Role-playing Game Boards. Since this Thread listed the many possible Role-playing Games that can be added I decided to use it as a base on other networks.

As some of you may have read on the Secret How To's Board I basically cannot stand FB because the majority of it is based on whimsical ideas and those who love to say things just because they can, but it is a necessary evil to let potential Players know of other things available besides what they may be accustomed to**. Therefore, I joined some 40+ RPG related FB groups in the past couple of months to let them know.

My last campaign yielded the usual results, many liked, some joined, some tried to do rubbish and haters who were deleted or did not get to be Admins here got to hate. Some questioned my methods and though I've taken the time to explain things in the past I will not do so again. The internet has created a mindset of entitlement in that the user believes everywhere they go should have a settings buttons to change things to suit them. They really do not know that the internet is not free, that's just an illusion.

We do not cater for users who feel entitled here, its a Community, not a solo act. Its not like we get money from people or elsewhere by their using the free resources here to play games. The why and how of how things operate here has been posted time and time again in so many different formats and yet people still are disgruntled or 'surprised' because something does not fit their little world. If people do not want to take the time to read instructions then what's the point of posting the same things that you are asking them to read?(2)

The irony is Play By Post by its very existence requires you to read, use your imagination, and then implement a worthwhile response as to what the Character would do in what should be a fun exercise that mixes creative writing with Player choices and maybe a dice roll once in awhile. Its not a time to be offended, demand things change for you or go on the attack.

Therefore, in my aim to prioritize my time to actually help those who want to have a rubbish free environment I've since removed the whole of the last campaign and deleted myself from all those FB Role-playing Game groups, what a relief! Therefore, the end of this is I will also be retiring form helping Game Masters to get Players for their games. If you want to gain Players for your Role-playing Game you will need to do the work. You should also inform them of the rules of conduct here.

I am NOT retiring from the site or coding for you. I will be continuing to add codes or improve current features as needed. This is also true of any new Role-playing Games that are started from the list.

Rather off topic, but...
** You might think I'm joking but if you were not part of the early days of the internet you would think FB is the internet and its not. You would also think that the internet is based on the same concept: copying people's art, photos, and videos and then plastering them to a timeline with plagiarized content and nonsense scribbles.

(2) There are clearly defined rules of conduct that everyone is asked to agree to before joining. This is even more true if you are used to other places where it is a free for all.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

JB, I appreciate what you have done so far. In response to this thread, I am currently working out details for an FFG Star Wars game and also have a Savage World Post Apocalyptic game that I am fleshing out.

Those two are the ones I will be working on and I am sifting through potential players, while I am designing the framework for each of the two systems and settings. Right now we are not able to accommodate either system.

23rd Nov, 2015 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

I imagine being an admin of a site like this is often a thankless job,, and can be very frustrating because I think you are spot on about the sense of entitlement that people seem to have as well as a tendency for people online to expect immediate results and satisfaction without having to put a great deal of effort into it. Not being a web designer or admin myself I admit that, while I accept that admins do a lot behind the scene, I honestly have no real idea what that really looks like or the extent of that work.

I appreciate the efforts you have put into this site and the help you provided me in establishing my campaign, and I'm glad that you did do some recruiting on social media because if I recall correctly that was how I found this site. One thing I have found to be true though is that if you are willing to do the work for others, they are generally willing to let you and complain when it doesn't go the way they think it should. So, I don't blame you at all for taking a step back and refocusing.

Its also frustrating when you are a game master and you put a lot of time and effort into a game but then it just fizzles and dies because the GM is the only one putting anything into it while the others are sitting back waiting to be spoon fed their entertainment; truth be told I'm probably venturing into a related thread that discusses dependability.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play - Page 8

One another note, while it fresh in my mind. A fair number of your long time players are here because of that long time association. The Play By Post games I have been envolved with are much the same.

What new players are experiencing is that familiarity period. Is there that trust? Building relationships of trust between players and GMs, isn't a magic show that happens all of a sudden.

So while we would like "new" Life in the boards, maybe we should work on a word of mouth campaign, going through our circle of friends and not FB and social media.

23rd Nov, 2015 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 8

international QUOTE (Malcomshaw)
I am currently working out details for an FFG Star Wars game

Oh, you got permission from FFG?

international QUOTE
Savage World Post Apocalyptic game that I am fleshing out...

That will be good as we do not have that genre here yet. Perhaps the Mystery & Horror Board will suit it unless you want the Scifi board.

international QUOTE
Right now we are not able to accommodate either system.

I know why for the Star Wars theme but how so for Savage World?

international QUOTE (Aericsteele)
...tendency for people online to expect immediate results and satisfaction without having to put a great deal of effort into it.

Yes, and its not unique to my site. There was a recent article I read where the rising generation thinks this way when they go for a job as though they are the only one on the planet that the boss is looking to employ. Also, I do look over all the games here from time to time and see the Game Masters having the same problem where some players just show up whenever they like and expect to have instant support and attention, amazing. One disgruntled Player was so upset that he could not curse because the word filter here changed it to "[mess]" That he did not come back to Post - really? If we take it from a psychological angle I can usually tell when this will happen and screen joiners. Some slip through but you won't believe the number of people that join this site and post the most ridiculous introductions and expect their membership to be approved. While I could unleash two dozen new Players on the Role-playing Games in this site what's the point - they will most likely be deleted eventually or not take things seriously. I rather a small number of quality Role-playing Gamers that enjoy the facilities than a huge number of hooligans and I'm sure Game Masters appreciate that too.

international QUOTE
One thing I have found to be true though is that if you are willing to do the work for others, they are generally willing to let you..

Quite right, but I don't mind. My life is so stressful that I actually code to bring relief to my mind as crazy as that sounds. It is good when you create something and see that it benefits others in some way.

international QUOTE
...the others are sitting back waiting to be spoon fed their entertainment;

Very true. I plan to implement a "nag" Button that Game Masters can use to remind Players its their turn to make a move. However, GMs should take the initiative to either screen Players or bring about penalties.

international QUOTE
...social media because if I recall correctly that was how I found this site.

Feel free to continue as I will no longer be doing it. You may be more close to the users there to know who to tell and who not to.

international QUOTE (Malcomshaw)
So while we would like "new" Life in the boards, maybe we should work on a word of mouth campaign

Malcomshaw, yes that is exactly it because you know how the site works and who will best fit. People will try to make the rules of this site look ridiculously strict but for me it is really simple: stay on topic, be constructive, don't spam and use relevant tags as necessary. That is it in a nutshell!

> TOPIC: Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,