Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 9 of 14

It also has to do with the target audience. - Page 9 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 25th Nov, 2015 - 4:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 14 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (14) »
Best of  Which PBP RPGs Want Play Raising The Dead Or Defunct Role-Playing Games
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2015 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?
A Friend

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 9

international QUOTE (Malcomshaw)
I am currently working out details for an FFG Star Wars game

international QUOTE
Oh, you got permission from FFG?

No permissions yet. Still waiting for the heat to die down from the release of episode 7. Putting out another call and an email in another week.

I have a fantastic story line and material already written up.

There is a really decent third party character generator for FFG Star Wars. Outside of coding for the dice mechanics, the licensing, and committed players, everything else is in place.

Scifi board most likely for location.

As to Savage Worlds, again its a character generation issue. Coding for a standard 54 card deck would be the other catch. This one would probably go into the Mystery and Horror Board. Still need to field for players.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Nov, 2015 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

international QUOTE (Malcomshaw)
Outside of coding for the dice mechanics, the licensing, and committed players, everything else is in place.

Dice coding is not a problem for me. Players will be a problem for you and licensing is a problem for us both.

This reminds me, in one of my recently deleted ads a person tried to show me how much better a place to Role-playing Game a poorly designed site was than mine because it let him do whatever he wanted. I went to check and the first thing I saw was "Star Wars", so I went back to him and asked how they got licensing permission for Star Wars and then there was silence.

international QUOTE
As to Savage Worlds, again its a character generation issue. Coding for a standard 54 card deck would be the other catch.

There are generators online and once I know the mechanics of the deck I can code something.

24th Nov, 2015 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? Reviews RPG & Card Board

You already have one interested player for Savage Worlds; I dont imagine it woild be long before you found others once the interest thread is out there.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2015 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

JB, It is a regular deck of playing cards with 2 jokers. 4 suits: Diamonds, Clubs, Hearts, and Spades.
13 cards to a suit: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10 thru 2.

The deck is used for initiative and some other effects in game play.

24th Nov, 2015 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

I've scripts that already make that effect so it will be even easier or as I explained under the Star Wars Thread that all picks / dice have a numeric value and I just assign a name to that value for the same effect. When you have Players and your rules ready then in your Review Thread we can work out the details.

UPDATE: I've changed the title of this Thread to better reflect the content, however the original title is still in the description so it is still indexed.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2015 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds good. I am checking on a couple of pictures and some photos, for game play feel. I will post more in a couple of days once I get a response.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Nov, 2015 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play - Page 9

Reading the past couple of pages it all has to do with attitude and not the site. I like to glance through the intros sometimes to see what's up with members. Sometimes I will come across a member that just got a warning or tip from support and the member apologizes and then moves on. Then I've see the opposite, they get crazy as though no one must tell them anything. Such a contrast in people that join this site. They have a big need to control the net / site and like JB said they want a setting option probably to make support and Persephone go away so they can do whatever. I'm glad for the rules because its nice to post anywhere and not feel like I might be trolled or put down because I have an account.

25th Nov, 2015 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 9

It also has to do with the target audience. If you're using Facebook as an example to send invitations then you can expect the majority of players to be accustomed to a very free and open system that allows you to post most anything that pops into your head. When you bring them to a site like this that focuses more on writing something of note then there will be an immediate conflict of interests unless of course the new seeker is a serious participant then it won't matter. By contrast, if the target audience already came from a community that had general policies or similar ones found on this site then the transition will be easy. It might be loosely compared to inviting kindergartners to a high school class.That's just my limited assessment. Please ignore what doesn't apply and no offense meant to anyone who did come from a social network and doesn't agree with my assessment.

> TOPIC: Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,