Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 10 of 15

Krakrefr - from the book: "Basic Training: - Page 10 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 26th Nov, 2015 - 9:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 15 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
Discuss  Aericsteele' s Traveller Character Creation Make sure to read the first Post of this Thread for instructions about creating your Character.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
26th Nov, 2015 - 11:54am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 10

Rebel over...

Kanin - I'm afraid the 0's don't stack. Level 0 + Level 0 = Level 0. If it's a cascade skill ( one with several subtypes like Engineer ( any) has J-Drive, M-Drive, PP, Life Support ) you can take a few different Level 0's though.

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2015 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

Only for basic training it is level 0.

If you roll it for a skill then you gain it at 1.

But any career after your first you only get one service skill of your choice as basic training.

26th Nov, 2015 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is Kanin, over...

From the Core book, Character Generation Checklist:

"4. If this is your first time on this career, get your basic training."

So, basic training is all skills for every new career, not continuing terms in the same.

I am thinking that I know already:

*Doc Shuth: (I have Scholar background T3) In one of my Field Research trips I got wounded and Doc patched me.

*Enerii Enochii: in my last term as an Explorator Scout (T4) I saved him when he had his "Navy Mishap" event.

*Njall Nail Lang: in my term as Scholar-Field Research (T3) I met him, when I was looking for an Artifact of the Ancients (Trying to get along with a shady smuggler) in an asteroid belt bar.

I have checked the years/terms for the meetings to be correct. I do not know yet what skills to check from the Traveller Skill Packet list, although I am interested in Gun Combat-Laser Pistol. If the guys are ok with our meeting backgrounds I will post ASAP in the Session Forum. Also my Char page will be updated tonight.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2015 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
A Friend

Page 10 Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

The chargen process seems to have dumped a bunch of Level 0's on me. Tres suckage, but there [yes] have it.

Where's a list of gear for my gearout, and do you do payment in local vs Impy credits? What's our TL cap on gear?

Enerii wants a damned good vaccsuit, skintight. Half a dozen shirts/pants, couple sets of coveralls for work, shoes & boots, cold weather gear, hat, sunglasses, combo filter/compresser mask, decent utility knife, awol bag to carry that [crap] in, and I'll take an autopistol for my muster bennie.

How much this going to run me? Remember, I DON'T have the Mongoose rules here.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2015 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

Referee has recommended the use of the Traveler Wiki, which there is a link to on the bottom of the Referee's first post on the Main Role-playing Game board.

26th Nov, 2015 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

This is Kanin, over...

As me coming from a High Tech world I got me some high TL stuff. Simple clothes and equipment can cost as much as 5-50Cr each. From Traveller book, a monthly spend of 1500Cr is for a Good Standard of Living. 400Cr/month is Very Poor. Fast Food can cost as low as 5Cr. Some prices change depending with the world we are (Ex TL3 world can have very high prices for high TL equipment).

Please verify my proposed connections of you, so to post even now. Else I will work something else.

On a further note, you are ALL humans? Also Pension is coming every month?

Reconcile Edited: Morfeas on 26th Nov, 2015 - 4:15pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2015 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 10

This is The Cynic, over...

Krakrefr check page 8 of the rules. You receive all basic training service skills for your first career only.

Reconcile Edited: Maiokus on 26th Nov, 2015 - 5:04pm

26th Nov, 2015 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 10

Rebel over...

Krakrefr - from the book: "Basic Training: For your fi rst career only, you get all the skills listed in the Service Skills table at Level 0 as your basic training.
For any subsequent careers, you may pick any one skill listed in the Service Skills table at Level 0 as your basic training"

I'm afraid Njall's connections two connections are used up ( Maiokus and Silvertongue ), sorry.

Regarding our time training together Maiokus - obviously spent at the range and in boarding actions, I learn Gun Combat ( Slug Rifles ) 1

As to Silvertongue, how about "Nail" was detailed to bring in outside help - you were one of the "Reinforcements"/sympathisers/outside experts?

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 26th Nov, 2015 - 9:23pm

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,