Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 142 of 149

The Wildcard falls out of jump just outside - Page 142 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 7th Feb, 2017 - 7:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
30th Jan, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 142

The Referee relays...

Njall and Ajit manage to construct a very crude but overall effective device that, when activated, seems to provide almost immediate relief for a short time but within an hour the frequencies have shifted significantly and the symptoms return. This forces Ajit to constantly monitor the sensors for frequency shifts while Njall adjusts the device accordingly. By doing so the pair is not able to eliminate the symptoms entirely, but they are able to mitigate and shorten the effects which allows the crew time to come together to figure out a plan.

There are still two days left before the Wildcard falls out of jump space and the crew has gathered in the crew commons to try and figure out how to respond and what to do about the situation. I would like Ajit to give a general description of the device that they use to block the signals and Njall to add one bit of detail to the description. The scene will open with everyone gathered in the crew commons, you've all exchanged the information you have up to this point and everyone is fairly certain by now based off of this information and the relief that they have experienced with the construction of the device, that the bugs Ajit has been seeing are not real (Ajit stopped seeing them for a time when the device was activated, but began to see them again after about an hour). The signal is coming from outside of the ship but sensors have been unable to pinpoint its exact location including whether it is coming from very close to the ship or further out.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2017 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

"First off I want to thank Ajit and Njall for creating this device to stop the assault on us all. We know that this is not a isolated incident. There is something out there that caused the crew of the Elana to sabotage themselves. While we can see similarities here we do have a good crew and we are capable to outwitting this somewhat. I think when we get to our next point we alert others to this so they can put out a notice to avoid this area until what ever is causing this can be neutralized. I would not mind going out to seek it and dispatching it if it can be. IT is intelligent as it keeps changing its frequency. It is dangerous and we could be taking on more than we can handle. What do the rest of you think?"

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Silver shakes his head, grateful that moving his head does not send him spinning and reeling. "This is way more technical than my training."

"However, if you need the parts from my weapons to construct something stronger or more effective, by all means you can have them." Silver places on the table his body pistol and fold sword.

"One thing we should have going for us, even with all these challenges, is the financial investments I made on the ship's behalf before we left the last major starport."

31st Jan, 2017 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 142 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Ajit stands before the crew and with a slightly bashful stance gives a report on what he found and the device he created. "I noticed that there was a strange signal on the sensors. It was almost like background noise, but it kept pulsing and changing. The computer was trying to filter it out, but after I analyzed it, I realized it was too regular to be random noise. I consulted with Dr. Shuth here, and we correlated this signal to some brain wave data he had on us. We decided that blocking the signal was probably the best we could do. I don't have much at my disposal, but I used what I could to build a shortwave blaster. It is just a crude hobbled together machine from spare parts of taking out the old sensor station and other stuff I could find. We can only block a small spectrum of wavelengths at a time, but it seems to at least help. This beast is fighting back, and we have to constantly monitor where the signal is on the spectrum and Njall has to adjust the device. Luckily it is tunable, to a degree. It seems we have a few more days in jump space, but I think we can maintain this."

Silver offers his gun and fold sword if needed for the project, and Ajit responds "I appreciate the offer, Marq, but I think we have what we need for now. If the device needs too much tweaking, I'll find more parts."

Out of Character: Is that too general? I can add some more specifics, but I didn't want to make it sound like Ajit was bragging. I figure the device has to be the size of a decent generator to make a signal capable of blocking out the frequencies. Though I guess with higher TL equipment and parts available, it could also be hand-held.

31st Jan, 2017 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

"Once we realised the signal was shifting to avoid our jamming efforts I added a system to take the feed from the scanner and recalibrate our output to follow the input. It isn't perfect, we have to adjust by hand regularly, and it'll probably get swamped once we exit Jump-Space, but it means Ajit and I don't need to sit over the thing every minute. I've got the computer recording the data. With a bit more work we might be able to use the use the whole array, get better results, maybe even annoy it."

5th Feb, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

This is Kanin, over...

"I am more concerned about the possibility of contamination if we enter a port. It could be a device of some sorts, or even an animal that feeds on psi-waves… ", Krakrefr remembers the brain slugs he had encountered in one of his exploration trips and shivers. "I don't want to think an animal that can withstand jumpspace… Can we pinpoint the location of it? It is on the outer hull or it follows us from a distance?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Feb, 2017 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 142

Rebel over...

Ajit answers Krakrefr, "We can't pinpoint it. Between the change of the frequency and the difficulty of keeping up with that, we can only know it is outside the ship and behind us a little. It doesn't seem attached to the ship, unless it is by some tether. I don't want to know what kind of animal can survive jump space and remain invisible to our scans either, but we have one now."

7th Feb, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 142

The Referee relays...

The Wildcard falls out of jump just outside of the 100m diameter point near the planet of Uakye and a distress signal is sent advising the local authorities of the situation. The Wildcard is ordered to stand by and await the arrival of a patrol cruiser within an hour or so. Unfortunately Ajit and Njall note that the device that they produced is beginning to falter and if they do not eliminate the source soon they are likely to be severely affected by the time help arrives.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,