Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 77 of 84

I will see what I can do about "Spicing" - Page 77 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 31st Oct, 2016 - 6:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 77

This seems to be the only active game on the Sci-Fi boards. I don't suppose you have room for a new player?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Ditto on that query, though I'll defer to the Chief if there is not room for both.

Unlike Dungeons & Dragons, I can't claim to be particularly familiar with the Traveller system. I'll be reading through the PHB for it, but wanted to know of there were resources a little more directly focused on getting newbies up to speed out there.

31st Oct, 2016 - 11:10am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

It will be up to AericSteele as to whether there is room or not, but as far as getting up to speed the Mongoose Traveler PHB is the best source (Because this game is specifically Mongoose and not the other Traveler systems). This is a pretty complicated system. I am learning it also. I guess it isn't so much complicated as definitely different to Dungeons & Dragons .

One of the first things to know is that your character could die, just in character development, much less in the course of the 'adventure'. This is a much more deadly system than Dungeons & Dragons. So you have to use real-world common sense on how to approach things.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 31st Oct, 2016 - 11:11am

31st Oct, 2016 - 11:39am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 77 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Traveller is pretty simple, but very deadly. Chargen looks complex, but is a fun mini-game. The complex stuff is world-building (Ship design and planets), and a player only really needs the task resolution and skill rules to get into play.

A less expensive option to buying Mongoose (Version 1- they are now on v2, which has some differences to the version we are using) is the Cepheus Engine - it's a legacy continuation based on the SRD, essentially the same rules but without the copyrighted proper names and setting.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 31st Oct, 2016 - 11:41am

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Well then, pending Aeric's yay or nay, what roles on your crew do you think are under supported? Not that one can tailor a character exactly to such needs, but it looks like the odds can be directed that way at least.

31st Oct, 2016 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Rebel over...

We are mostly ex-military kind of guys. We have a doctor and a couple of engineers, a pilot, and some social roles covered by various people. We don't have a scholar or a rogue really, but I am not sure how effective they are in combat. We also don't have a merchant, who might help us make more money or nobility to bankroll us, but I am not sure how much fun that will be to play either. Your best bet may be to just click on each of our characters and look at the skills we already have.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Oct, 2016 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 77

This is Kanin, over...

I would like to have a more "Spicy" campaign down the line, maybe boarding a derelict ship or a city-adventure (My mind goes to Coruscant), maybe encouter some Psions.

Reconcile Edited: Morfeas on 31st Oct, 2016 - 5:16pm

31st Oct, 2016 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 77

The Referee relays...

I will see what I can do about "Spicing" up the campaign in the future. I do feel like this adventure is stalling a bit and I'm struggling with inspiration for it so it is harder to write. I can work to expedite this a bit by getting the party to the downed ship a little faster without the need for all the exploration.

As to Mastercheifn and Daishain; like my D&D5E thread I think it would be hard for me to work in any more players. We are at seven here which is one beyond what I normally allow. Maybe someone is willing/able to start up another game?

In the meantime, as I mentioned in the other game, I hate turning people away. Mastercheifn, let me see what I can do about maybe trying to work you into my 5E game with Daishain if you are still interested (That would put that game at seven as well). Of course I think there is a 3.5 game going and an AD&D game as well that may be accepting players.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,