Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 82 of 84

Just be clear, by "It'll probably - Page 82 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 1st Feb, 2017 - 9:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  78 79 80 81 82 83 84 
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
15th Jan, 2017 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 82

The Referee relays...

Just a quick roll call to see who is still on board. I have recent posts from Ajit, Shuth, and Njall. Gaden, Silver, and Krakrefr… do you want to post your reactions to the current situation or shall I just push forward?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

I think we all have responded in the main game thread. You can continue the game as we head towards the port.

18th Jan, 2017 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

@Aericsteele, does Ajit need to make any rolls to be able to get some data for Shuth? Is that kind of information available in ship logs or anything? If not, then can they start recording and compare records, what would that take?

23rd Jan, 2017 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character

Page 82 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

I don't even know what kind of check it would take to try to jam the signal. Since the sensors pick it up, it must be in some wavelength we can broadcast at. Can Ajit use the sensors (Or would he know just by which sensors were reacting) to determine the wavelength? What kind of check would it take to make something that can saturate that wavelength and jam the signal?

26th Jan, 2017 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

I know Shuth put forward the idea of Ajit trying to jam the signal but no one has posted any kind of action stating that they are going to do this. Was there any further discussion from the crew, does anyone want to declare some sort of action or should I jump forward to when the Wildcard emerges from Jump?

26th Jan, 2017 - 10:52am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

Rebel over...

I guess you should just make a post laying out a couple of strategies for jamming and roll for 'em Ajit. Got to try.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jan, 2017 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 82

Rebel over...

Sorry Aericsteele. I had been waiting for a response about what rolls you would like for Ajit to attempt to jam the signal. I'll just post some stuff and we'll resolve it in the game thread.

1st Feb, 2017 - 9:19am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 82

Rebel over...

Just be clear, by "It'll probably get swamped once we exit Jump-Space" I mean the automatic tuning system, not the whole device. I imagine the spectrum will be busy in normal space and the hostile signal harder to identify. The data recording is also partly to help pattern recognition - establishing the parameters and characteristics.

+  « First of 84 pgs.  78 79 80 81 82 83 84 

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,