Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread

Game Master' S Rules Policies Thread - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Jan, 2016 - 12:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
14th Dec, 2015 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

A Game Master's Rules & Policies Page?

Would it also be possible for rules and other Game Master updates to go here as well? I've noticed in the game that I'm running I have the opening post that includes the general information about the game but different situations tend to come up as the game progresses; I adjudicate rules a certain way or explain to the players how I tend to operate as a Game Master and it would be good if there were a place all of this information could be accessible to new players without them having to sort through pages upon pages of errata.

I can address clarification or rules or style of play in the support thread but it would be good if there were a series of links in the GM Almanac that would forward new players to these posts for reference. Sort of a history of GM decrees/announcements.

UPDATE: Game Masters Can Edit Their Rules Anytime.

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2015 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

I definitely understand this concern as I often have to do it with very old Threads in order to point everyone in the right direction.

I had already planned that the Game Master's Character Sheet should have a layout based on this so you could tell more about the game rather than have a pseudo Character.

One person suggested that there might be a situation where the GM may actually have a Character in the game so we left it alone. Which one do you think it should be - yet another page or a different look on the GM's Character Sheet?

15th Dec, 2015 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread Reviews RPG & Card Board

I almost think it would be better if there was a section in the Game Master's character sheet for this. I think it would be more accessible that way without the players having to subscribe to another forum. Plus, it would be easier for the Game Master to update and alter the section as the game evolves rather than having another post in a thread to have to link to or reference.

Would putting it as part of the GM character sheet impose a character limit on it though?

15th Dec, 2015 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
I think it would be more accessible that way without the players having to subscribe to another forum.

"Forum" refers to the entire site. I believe you are talking about "Thread" which is what we are on? If I made a page it would not be subscription base it will be a link to a separate page altogether with a button to it next to "Maps", etc. On Role-playing Game pages.

international QUOTE
Would putting it as part of the GM character sheet impose a character limit on it though?

There isn't a character limit per se, but considering it will be on one page you would not want immense amounts of texts to be displayed especially for someone on a mobile unit.

Keep in mind this would simply be a better replacement for the typical first Post of the "Rules Thread" a GM creates so it easier to update.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2015 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

JB, once again, a keen observation of the situation.

I would say that a button positioned before the 'MAPS' button would be best. There isn't an option currently available to allow links in character sheets to other forums or threads, to my knowledge.

22nd Dec, 2015 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Definitely needed. The Dungeon Master could also show examples, list the steps for his game and anything the player should know all on one page.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Dec, 2015 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

I was going to tackle the code for this but then I thought wouldn't a page just for the GM's Rules be reinventing the wheel? What about if I allowed unlimited edits to the First Post of the Thread the GM sets for his / her Rules? Wouldn't that count the same way?

6th Jan, 2016 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread Board Card & RPG Reviews

I have not received any feedback from the Dungeon Masters / Game Masters on this site about my above proposal to allow unlimited edits to the Rules / Main Game Thread rather than a specific page, so I have not implemented anything as yet.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,