Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread - Page 3 of 4

That's good, now the Dungeon Masters - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Jan, 2016 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
14th Jan, 2016 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread - Page 3

I'm no programmer but if just being able to edit the first post of the rules page is the easiest then maybe just do that. Its where players tend to look for the rules or general layout of the game anyways. Maybe a button can then point to that first post in the game too.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jan, 2016 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

I say either option could work, as long as there was a way to edit rules and update information about the campaign. I have worried about this somewhat myself, for when I becoming a GM/Dungeon Master, so having either would be very helpful.

17th Jan, 2016 - 7:09am / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think that the Game Master simply being able to edit the opening post is probably the best option. The Game Master could refer the current players back to the opening post from their support thread or character creation thread, etc. This would also allow rules and policies to be adjusted if necessary. Sometimes a rule or policy doesn't work out the way the GM intended and it would be good to be able to edit the opening post and make those changes when needed.

17th Jan, 2016 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

I can think of 5 clarifications I'd like to make off the top of my head. I could use it either way as on the GM sheet or in the rules first post. My rules first post is the shortest first topic of my threads and probably the most obvious location for players to check.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread
A Friend

Thread Policies and Rules Masters Game

Yes updating rules is always a must so that everyone is on the same page and understand the rules. I think I should double check the rules to make sure they are clear.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think allowing the first post to have unlimited edits for the Dungeon Master is a perfect solution to the problem. If someone needs to be directed to a specific area of the post and it's really that long, then the post should have sections and subsections as necessary that can be referred to by the Dungeon Master and then searched for via Ctrl+F by the player.

I only weigh in because I might decide to run a game if my new schedule allows such (I won't know for a couple more weeks).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jan, 2016 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread - Page 3

Game Masters Can Edit Their Rules Anytime

The first Post of the Rules Thread of the Role-playing Game that a GM runs can be edited for an unlimited number of times. This is the Rules Post only, every other Post the GM makes is still subject to the allotted time limit based on their Membership type.

The edit button of the First Post of the GM's Rules Thread will say "GM Rules Edit". You click on that to edit the Post as normal. Editing will display last edit time but will not notify Players of your update so you can do that as an "Out of Character: " or regular Post in your Rules Thread to say what was changed, added or removed.

21st Jan, 2016 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

That's good, now the Dungeon Masters don't have any excuse with laying out their rules and policies to make it straight for players to know what's allowed and what's not.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,