Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection - Page 4 of 5

Familiars are easily replaced. A little gold - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection
A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection - Page 4

Agreed, death needs to be a real possibility, or conflict loses meaning.

As it stands, death can be reversed in the context of Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder, but there is not only a notable cost, but diamonds of the size needed are incredibly rare. A Dungeon Master can make a small campaign out of the quest to find a gem suitable to raise a fallen hero of the realm.

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2017 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

I would not be so closed on it. The option would not make your character cheap if it was something ridiculous like 50,000 FP for the option.

Even if not for the player what about resurrecting your familiar because you developed a strong bond? It happens all the time in the movies *wink*.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection Reviews RPG & Card Board

I'd say familiars are a different story, they aren't quite the same thing as reviving a full on player character.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

Familiars are something very different and that I would have to say no to. The 50,000 FP would be too high for many to achieve.

11th Apr, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Resurrection Deitys Creator RPG Text

international QUOTE
Familiars are something very different and that I would have to say no to.

I don't understand, you will say yes to a player being resurrected but no to a familiar?

international QUOTE
The 50,000 FP would be too high…

Well right, that's why I said 50,000 because it would not be an option. I'm just throwing up that figure but it could be less that way if it was done it would hurt just as much.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Player characters are much different than a familiar. A familiar is a regular beast or magical beast that is summoned to be with the player character. They are meant to be changed out here and there as you gain in levels. That is why I would say no to the resurrection of a familiar and yes to a player Character. Does that make sense?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection - Page 4

Hmm, can't say I like that. I greatly prefer treating familiars as something that should not simply be interchangeable, a relationship with another being that grows and changes over time.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

Familiars are easily replaced. A little gold and a summon ritual and there is a new familiar. I don't see people paying a lot of forum points for essentially the same thing. In 5e it is even less likely. The familiar is a spirit that takes on the appearance of an animal. There is nothing stopping you from saying it's the same spirit in a different body.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:02pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator Deity's Resurrection

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,