Text RPG Creator Character Switching

Text Rpg Creator Character Switching - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Jan, 2016 - 4:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Closed
  Text RPG Creator Character Switching This feature allows you to control Multiple Characters in the same RPG as well as designate which Character is your "Primary" Character.
10th Jan, 2016 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Text Role-playing Game Creator Character Switching
Explanation

This feature of the Text Role-playing Game Creator will allow you to run multiple Characters in the same Role-playing Game via an OPTION menu to switch between Characters.

History

When I first created the Text Role-playing Game Creator I coded in an option for the script to check, allow updates, edits and identify which Characters belongs to a specific Player in a Role-playing Game. I left it dormant at first but as of the 23rd January, 2016 it is now active.

How To Use It

When you click the "Create Character Button" or "Create Associated Character Button" the script will first check to see if you have a Character for the current Role-playing Game. If it is your first Character it will give you the usual option to start the process. If it sees that you already have a Character then it will ask you if you are sure you want to create Multiple Characters. This is to ensure that you are not creating another Character by mistake and to prompt you to find out if your GM / Dungeon Master / Referee accepts multiple Characters. If you've done all that already then you can create a Character as normal.

The usual FP amount is required for each additional Character you create. You will notice the process is the same as when you created your first Character. To work with Multiple Characters please select "More Options" button (Usually at the top or bottom of your Character Sheet) from any of your Character Sheets that belong to current Role-playing Game. You will then see a screen similar to the attached image below along with an explanation of how to use the buttons / options there.

Identifying a Player With Multiple Characters

When a Player creates additional Characters they are called, "Associates". When a Player has more than one Character a button appears underneath their Character's Avatar that says "Has 'x' Associates". When this button is pressed it takes you to the GM Stats to show you all the Characters created by that Player. See an example via my Posts on the Text Role-playing Game Character Creator Thread. The number of Associates you have is automatically updated when you visit the "More Options" button on your Character Sheet.

Text RPG Creator Character Switching (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Jan, 2016 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Switching Character Creator RPG Text

I like to run one character per game but if a GM allows two then this will be cool. Didn't you mention something about this before JB? This might also be good if one character dies in a game you can archive one and work with the other rather than having to erase the sheet.

14th Jan, 2016 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator Character Switching Reviews RPG & Card Board

I have been a part of campaigns where this idea was used. Where a player could have one of their characters go off and do something else for a session so that they can have another character come in and join the party.

Of course figuring out how to do this narratively this is something a Dungeon Master and player will need to work out between each other. Figuring out how and why the character joins the party.

Still, it is something that I feel should be offered if a player wants to use it and a Dungeon Master agrees to allow it. I would use it, if allowed.

15th Jan, 2016 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

The way I understood it is this could work either way. You could have both characters at the same time or use one or the other.

17th Jan, 2016 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Specifically for Kingmaker this will work well as characters may take the Leadership feat and gain cohorts and followers. I hope it does't take too much space server-side.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think the idea is interesting, but I don't know if I would really use it. Example - I currently have an Eidolon (Class feature that gives me an NPC) in ICon's Kingmaker game, but usually I just have him sit in the background because I don't want to step on the toes of the other players. Right now I just use him to approach potential enemies so my allies aren't put at risk (He can't die permanently and I can heal him up if he takes damage before I unsummon him). I have never actually played in a game where I was allowed to play multiple PC's and when I take the Leadership feat in ICon's Kingmaker game I was planning on just having my cohort stay at my stronghold to protect it in my absence.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jan, 2016 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Thank you for all the comments thus far. This feature is mainly for actual Characters the Player manages rather than loyal NPCs. The main ideas behind Character switching and what it may entail:

1. Being able to play more than one PC per game and each Character having their own Character Sheet.

2. When a Character dies or retires then the GM should be able to mark that Character as such so it can no longer be updated by the Player and a new Character Sheet is used. This ensures that the Player is not recycling or is able to use new Gems, or future enhancements like Divergent Rings, etc.

3. A Player can choose a primary and secondary Character or in other words they will all show in your Posts but only the primary one will be highlighted.

4. A Player will be able to see current and past Characters at a glance. This is a good way to reflect or improve on Character creation.

I'm thinking of working on this feature next and it will be a major enhancement to the existing code of the Text Role-playing Game Creator.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2016 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator Character Switching Board Card & RPG Reviews

I am one that will allow a person to play two characters in my games. Sometimes a extra character can help all when the party is missing a character class that can be handy.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator Character Switching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,