Text RPG Creator's Home Base - Page 2 of 4

No, sorry, there should have been a new line. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 27th Jan, 2016 - 2:18am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed Q
  Text RPG Creator' s Home Base
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim
Text RPG Creator's Home Base
A Friend

Text RPG Creator's Home Base - Page 2

I love this idea and think it's great that ICon (The Dungeon Master for the game I'm in) supports it too! I have noticed my character's class in his campaign is naturally quite strong, so I'm looking forward to taking "Story" feats for the next 5 feats I gain in the Pathfinder game (The last thing I want to do is cause power creep that results in the party facing super hard challenges and possibly dying just to challenge one character). Implementing this would give an added dimension to the game and go well with my planned feats "Landlord" and "Stronghold." Adding family into the mix would be even more entertaining, because I like to play games specifically for story and the ability to sandbox.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2016 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,953
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,976.60 FP
Charm: 343

Base Home Creators RPG Text

Now that the Multiple Characters feature is online I will make having a Home Base for a Character my next scheduled project.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 291
Avg: 1.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 47.6%
[+] Gain: 2,457.48 FP
Charm: 25

Text RPG Creator's Home Base Reviews RPG & Card Board

I already own a fort and the surrounding area in the game my character is in. The Dungeon Master promised me a map so this will come in very handy so I can see it online.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 2 Base Home Creators RPG Text

This is what I plan for it, and other suggestions should be stated now while I'm at it:

1. Upload for map of surrounding area
2. Upload for actual place
3. Description box
4. A selection of images that can represent your home base. This will appear on your Character sheet and link to a page specifically designed for your Character's turf.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2016 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 291
Avg: 1.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 47.6%
[+] Gain: 2,457.48 FP
Charm: 25

Base Home Creators RPG Text

Those look good to me and I like that it will be its own page and not part of the actual character sheet. Thanks for working on it.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2016 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 168
Avg: 1.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 36.9%
[+] Gain: 8,743.38 FP
Charm: 34

Text RPG Creator's Home Base

Just minor suggestions. I hope the function to edit text will be separate to uploading the map, because I can imagine myself changing text far more often.

Also could we have a name box as well? Possibly linked to the character icon in game, so that it says:
Character Name
Class of Home Base and that last line a link straight to the base?
If that was done would it automatically apply to the GM character? I would prefer if it did.

Thanks for everything!.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2016 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 2 Text RPG Creator's Home Base

Uploads are separate from the description text box.

The link to the Home Base will be via the Character Sheet. I plan to show an image of the home there as well but I'm considering if it should be based on the upload or selected. I'm also considering that the selected image should be done by the GM / Dungeon Master so that players do not select "Castle" when all they have is a "Hut".

By "Class of Home Base" you are referring to if it is a hut, fort, castle, mansion, etc? If not, please elaborate.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 168
Avg: 1.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 36.9%
[+] Gain: 8,743.38 FP
Charm: 34

No, sorry, there should have been a new line.

The current character icon shows name and class,
I was suggesting a third line, "Of Jaren's Hold" for example where the name of the home base would appear on the character icon. It would potentially be a link straight to the home base.

Post Date: Fri Dec 14, 2018 - 6:34:57 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We rest Text RPG Creator's Home Base to share infobreak from past times:
HistoricToday is: 14th December (GMT), in history on the 14th of December, 1963 AD the following death happened:
Erich Ollenhauer: German politician (SPD), dies at 62

Guest please SHARE: "Text RPG Creator's Home Base" on:

+  1 2 3 4 
Sponsored Links:

To go deeper into this Topic ensure to Search unique terms for: Text RPG Creator's Home Base
Options Closed Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Home Base

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com By Hunter 1.7 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Directly Meeting With Aliens: Discuss  Directly Meeting With Aliens Why haven't we as a collective earth met with aliens yet? By Skeptic 2.7 Days Ago Discuss It!
Is Manipulating Someone An Evil Practice?: Manipulate By Skeptic 2.7 Days Ago Discuss It!
Mouth Wash vs Warm Salt Water: Discuss  Mouth Wash Vs Warm Salt Water Mouthwash - Mouthrinse - Mouth Sores - Healing Infections - Gingivitis By ILoveSMF 2.7 Days Ago Discuss It!
Depression: Best of  Depression Treatment for Depression By News 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Global Climate Change: Top  Global Climate Change World EcoSystem - Biodiversity Changes - Who is on board and who isn By News 23rd Nov, 2018 - 8:06pm Discuss It!
ISIS - ISIL: Discuss  ISIS Ultra radical and violent Islamist group that even rivals Al Qaeda By KNtoran 21st Oct, 2018 - 5:33am Discuss It!
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics? By lace 24th Sep, 2018 - 1:30pm Discuss It!
USA Teachers Carrying Guns: Top  USA Teachers Carrying Guns An idea to have teachers who want to carry guns to school undergo some level of police training will be left up to local school districts and police departments. By Swell 21st May, 2018 - 5:16am Discuss It!
Difference Between Love & Lust: How do I know if I am in love or in lust? By Paladin 21st Feb, 2018 - 8:41pm Discuss It!
The Media: Can they say anything they want without worrying about the effect? By Abnninja 16th Sep, 2017 - 4:17am Discuss It!