Text RPG Creator's Home Base - Page 2 of 4

No, sorry, there should have been a new line. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 27th Jan, 2016 - 2:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
  Text RPG Creator' s Home Base
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base
A Friend

Text RPG Creator's Home Base - Page 2

I love this idea and think it's great that ICon (The Dungeon Master for the game I'm in) supports it too! I have noticed my character's class in his campaign is naturally quite strong, so I'm looking forward to taking "Story" feats for the next 5 feats I gain in the Pathfinder game (The last thing I want to do is cause power creep that results in the party facing super hard challenges and possibly dying just to challenge one character). Implementing this would give an added dimension to the game and go well with my planned feats "Landlord" and "Stronghold." Adding family into the mix would be even more entertaining, because I like to play games specifically for story and the ability to sandbox.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2016 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Base Home Creators RPG Text

Now that the Multiple Characters feature is online I will make having a Home Base for a Character my next scheduled project.

24th Jan, 2016 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base Reviews RPG & Card Board

I already own a fort and the surrounding area in the game my character is in. The Dungeon Master promised me a map so this will come in very handy so I can see it online.

24th Jan, 2016 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Base Home Creators RPG Text

This is what I plan for it, and other suggestions should be stated now while I'm at it:

1. Upload for map of surrounding area
2. Upload for actual place
3. Description box
4. A selection of images that can represent your home base. This will appear on your Character sheet and link to a page specifically designed for your Character's turf.

25th Jan, 2016 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Base Home Creators RPG Text

Those look good to me and I like that it will be its own page and not part of the actual character sheet. Thanks for working on it.

25th Jan, 2016 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base

Just minor suggestions. I hope the function to edit text will be separate to uploading the map, because I can imagine myself changing text far more often.

Also could we have a name box as well? Possibly linked to the character icon in game, so that it says:
Character Name
Class of Home Base and that last line a link straight to the base?
If that was done would it automatically apply to the GM character? I would prefer if it did.

Thanks for everything!.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2016 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base - Page 2

Uploads are separate from the description text box.

The link to the Home Base will be via the Character Sheet. I plan to show an image of the home there as well but I'm considering if it should be based on the upload or selected. I'm also considering that the selected image should be done by the GM / Dungeon Master so that players do not select "Castle" when all they have is a "Hut".

By "Class of Home Base" you are referring to if it is a hut, fort, castle, mansion, etc? If not, please elaborate.

27th Jan, 2016 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Home Base Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

No, sorry, there should have been a new line.

The current character icon shows name and class,
I was suggesting a third line, "Of Jaren's Hold" for example where the name of the home base would appear on the character icon. It would potentially be a link straight to the home base.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Home Base

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,