Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 4 of 14

The Pathfinder SRD site (D20pfsrd) has Silver - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 29th Jan, 2016 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »
29th Jan, 2016 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 4

Didn't he not say already that you couldn't use his art? Since you are the GM you may not need to have an actual Pony yourself not so? Although, I guess I can keep a special silhouette that only you have access to. What other images describe the world you will be creating?

Alright, besides the image issue are you ready to go as in start the Role-playing Game? By "Start" I mean you have decided the Threads you will need and the info to create the opening scene, etc.

Update: I've been in touch with David Silver and I saw you got permission. I was asking about other images too and although he was trying to be helpful we will go with the silhouettes to avoid reference issues. I will work on that in the background.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2016 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

I am currently putting together one big resource you can use for putting together a SRD though I am debating whether or not to go with terms from Ponyfinder or MLP:FiM. For example, whether to go with Gem Ponies or Crystal Ponies, Dooplegangers or Changelings, Mark of Destiny or Cutiemark, exc.

I believe that I could start the roleplay, though I haven't decided on the threads. I do have already thought out an opening scene for the roleplay, on how to introduce the beginning of the campaign.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jan, 2016 - 3:03am

29th Jan, 2016 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

How are you putting it together? For me to put it online it needs to be in a database or text files in ordered format so I can use a page number system.

Just to confirm, you will go with the Anime / Comics Board?

You need to decide if it will be a Main Thread where both you and the Players put their actions or if you want the story separated from them so their role-play and actions are not in the same place where you update the Scenario.

Before you can actually start the Threads I will need to prepare the Text Role-playing Game Creator to cater for your Role-playing Game so Players can make selections for it.

29th Jan, 2016 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Currently I have it in one big text file, a Google Doc, though with a copy on my computer (Open Office). I can break it up into smaller text files that are ordered in 'chapters' of sort, and reorganize. For example all Ponykind feats are alphabetized, not divided by race/subspecies. Of note is how the Races section and Feats will be the largest, even if separated, with other sections being smaller.

Yes, it would be in Anime / Comics Board. Since that is where you felt it would be appropriate.

Hmm, possibly just a Main/In Character Thread and a Character Creation/Out of Character Thread, though I also remember a time where there was the setup of a Main Thread, Party Leader Thread, and then a Dungeon Master Thread. This being the first roleplay I had been a part of, one of KNtoran's Campaigns if I remember. Though I admit perhaps that would be too complex.

That is fine, there is no rush to get this started. Though one thing I didn't get an answer for whether or not I could commission a number of small player avatar images? Could I do this and perhaps have such added with your approval? That is, you making sure they are okay.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jan, 2016 - 3:29am

29th Jan, 2016 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
...it up into smaller text files that are ordered in 'chapters' of sort, and reorganize.

Thanks that will be good for me when I have to put it online and format it.

international QUOTE
Hmm, possibly just a Main/In Character Thread and a Character Creation/Out of Character Thread

Ok so just two Threads. I recommend this format as well. The Main will contain all your Rules in the first Post. The Character Creation can also serve as a Support Thread for your Role-playing Game.

international QUOTE
I could commission a number of small player avatar images?

What was this for again? So the players can have a selection of Avatars? If so, aren't we just going with silhouettes?

29th Jan, 2016 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

Okay then, two threads. I will get back to you involving the SRD.

Well I admit while silhouettes avatars works for the time being, I don't consider it ideal. If I commission a good dozen small avatar images matching the style of Ponyfinder art style could allow for something more visually appealing.

I need to go to sleep, it is almost 11 pm. Be back tomorrow, and will some progress on setup.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jan, 2016 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 4

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
If I commission a good dozen small avatar images matching the style of Ponyfinder

Its up to you if you want to do that and I will add it when you get it. Please make sure it is no more than 100x100 and in JPG format to keep size standardized and download time short.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2016 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

The Pathfinder SRD site (D20pfsrd) has Silver LLC's Ponykind race on there, so there isn't really that much that needs to be done for enough information to start character building.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,