Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 152 of 258

I will like to echo the sentiment on age reduction. - Page 152 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 29th Nov, 2017 - 10:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 152

Ah, okay. That makes sense. So that turn boost is to help you get yourself off the ground and up and running if you will, and then once you've spent those extra turns, the default is 64 or so, which would be the normal day for your character. It's all making sense now and falling into place. And by the way, I'm now up to 14.55 fps now and I'm getting more and more excited since I'm getting just that much closer to that new and very strong character. You're going to see great things from this new character I asure you. And just because I'm curious, can I actually read my character's story as it unfolds? That would be so cool if you could not only write your character's story, but then you could also read it as well. Have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoy my feedback. You've all been nothing but helpful, and I especially like how you're trying to make this community work for those of us who are completely blind, you don't see that too much these days, although it's slowly beginning to come to the forefront.

Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2017 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

international QUOTE (Karate)
And just because I'm curious, can I actually read my character's story as it unfolds?

On your Character Sheet is a button called "Journal of…" and the name of your Character, use that. When you get back in the game please do take your time and read through everything before taking actions. This may be of help to you: Text Role-playing Games: Reading vs Comprehension which is a general Thread I made to help new Players.

Rather off topic, but...
Also, its not necessary to let us know about your FP, to understand how it works and where you can increase it go to: Points, Core Posts, Posts & FP - Forum Points. You get more FP from Posting in Topics that are not Role-playing Game related.

19th Nov, 2017 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Yes, I really hope options do crop up that might help our characters to lose a bit of the age they've gained. Mine is already reaching towards his 50s, and it appears using charges has begin increasing one's age by a small amount.

Reconcile Edited: Goldendawn on 19th Nov, 2017 - 1:33am

19th Nov, 2017 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 152 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

I do plan to introduce something to reduce age but I do not want to make it as simple as buying a potion, it needs to be an actual adventure. Age is part of the strategy of ROK II, you can use up time to become stronger but at the cost of aging (Similar to being a Wizard).

24th Nov, 2017 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Some Updates

I have added the following to the Player's Manual: Adult Content (Brothel) so those obsessed with its content but do not want to Upgrade can understand its application in ROK II.

Tavern Challenges require you to participate in chatting with the Patrons before you can take a Challenge as many started to simply accept the Challenges and leave without saying nothing.

24th Nov, 2017 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

JB, I can understand that you want to encourage players to stay active with their character… but I feel your algorithm may be a bit too aggressive. Missing a couple of days, should not lead to the character gaining another year of life.

Admittedly it doesn't help not knowing what exactly qualifies as using the character, simply moving around the different shops maybe doing a challenge in one of the taverns or actually exploring. This you mean I don't have anything exactly what I want my care towards you right now, and other distractions.

Still though, I feel missing a couple of days should not lead to gaining a year of life. Sighs, I will try doing something will my character.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 24th Nov, 2017 - 2:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Nov, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 152

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
... But I feel your algorithm may be a bit too aggressive.

Aging is actually a way to separate active Players from others who are simply taking up resources, therefore it has to be "Aggressive". Let's say a Player's Character starts at 16 and will probably die around 60. If that Character was never updated then it would take (60-16=44 years * 2 = 88 days) around 3 months just to expunge them from the system. 3 months is a long time to get your Character moving along. I believe in your case you are worried because your Character is old, but that should make you play more "Aggressively", after all you have a whole 48 hours to ensure it doesn't happen.

international QUOTE
Admittedly it doesn't help not knowing what exactly qualifies as using the character…

I have updated the Email you receive to be more clear. It would be any action that would update your Character: Combat, buying something, Jobs, Quests, etc.

international QUOTE
Still though, I feel missing a couple of days should not lead to gaining a year of life…

I may revisit the code to lessen that to months if the Player is active within X time and even increase it to more than one year if the Player isn't active for longer than Y time.

29th Nov, 2017 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 152

I will like to echo the sentiment on age reduction. While an adventure to obtain it is a good idea that might be a long time in the making so maybe something temporary?

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,