I like the game a lot honestly. It has a good story and is very detailed. The only thing I can't seem to get a grasp on is the combat. I buy equipment, upgrade stats and still die nonstop. It's very frustrating to me.
Do you equip what you buy? Just buying it does not mean you are wearing it. You can also check this: Ruler of Kings Text Role-playing Game FAQ & Videos which has a link specifically about if you find yourself dying often.
Seraphina, I'm sure it has a value but I haven'[t found a way to make it appreciated yet.
Bowjangols, like JB said and make sure you read all the text on every page. The game actually does tell you what to do so you don't die but its easy to pass over it with all the excitement in the beginning.
Small Updates: I have been fixing bugs here and there as they are reported and also enhancing areas of the game. Some more notable ones:
- There may have been an issue with selling the wrong items at certain locations - this was fixed.
- Rations can be eaten without having to equip them
- On Mobiles a big reply button was shown on ROK II Character Threads although no one can reply to Character Threads - that was removed.
- More details were given to certain parts of the Player's Manual
- More emphasis was given to the Rules and Start pages so new Players can understand what it takes to stay in the game.
Limited Offer: From now until New Year's Day if you Donate towards ROK II then you will get DOUBLE your FP. FP allows you to exchange it for in game Gold, Pretty Pebbles or Resurrection. For instance, if you took a Premium Account instead of getting 2000 FP you would get 4000 FP!
A Tip: The Wizard of the North was meant to have a theme to match the Season. If you have not explored that area you may want to, however beware that there are some tough monsters in the cold mountains.