Could You Be A Fruitarian?

Could Fruitarian - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Jun, 2010 - 6:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2005 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Most humans love to eat fruit. Could you be a Fruitarian? Do you believe man was intended to consume mostly fruit?

A Fruitarian is someone who eats predominantly fruit and ideally 100%. "Fruits" include all tree fruits, all berries, watermelons, vine fruits like kiwis and grapes and vegetable-fruits like tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.
Ref. https://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/3893/F...arian_Facts.htm

This site gives information on the Proteins within fruits:
https://www.13.waisays.com/protein.htm

Sponsored Links:
24th Feb, 2005 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Fruitarian Be Could

Healthy eating is a good thing, but the effort, planning, cost, and time involved in that restrictive lifestyle would be impractical. For me, fruitarianism would not be a balanced diet - not only in the sense of nutrition, but in the sense of life priorities. Plus, grains, vegetables, dairy products and meats make for variety. Fruits are generally quite sweet, and a diet of strictly fruit would feel pretty monochromatic in the taste department quite quickly.

24th Feb, 2005 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Could You Be A Fruitarian? Health & Special Psychology

While it may be possible to live a healthy life consuming only fruits, I don't think I would be able too, especially knowing about all the meats that are out there. I don't doubt that it is possible to get all a body needs from solely fruits, but as howe mentioned, the impracticality and also the cost factor would be enough for me not to do it.

24th Feb, 2005 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Fruitarian Be Could

I am not at all sure that a person CAN live healthily on an all-fruit diet. Vegetarians have a hard enough time getting the proteins and amino acids that they need, by mixing various vegetables and grains. I don't think it is possible to get the right blend of amino acids through only fruit. And, if it is possible, it would be very difficult.

25th Feb, 2005 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Fruitarian Be Could

I am not at all sure that a person CAN live healthily on an all-fruit diet

Whoever created the website for the second link went through a lot of trouble to show specifically what protein levels can be found in fruits vs normal everyday foods. I won't say they are wrong, and at least they are providing data to back up their view (biased as it may be).

25th Feb, 2005 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Fruits however, do not contain vitamin B12, vitamin D nor cholesterol. And besides fruit, everybody wants to eat some potato crisps or other munch-food, containing 'bad' protein. Therefore you also need a little animal food every once and a while, containing vitamin B12, -D, cholesterol and much more of all the essential amino acids too.

This is from the second link. It appears not to be a complete nutritional diet after all. The first link seems to be more about selling their books, tapes and fruit by mail order, rather than providing full information.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2010 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Could Be Fruitarian

Name: mat

Comments: I would be a fruitarian if fruits didn't have so much sugar in them. I know some people say that sugar in fruits are natural, but it doesnt change the fact that sugar is still sugar.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

20th Jun, 2010 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

Could Be Fruitarian Psychology Special & Health

No, I couldn't be a fruitarian. I was a vegetarian for three years and I had awful problems with getting enough iron in my diet, hence why I am not now. I also do not think, in my physical job (as a gardener), I would get the same amount of protein required daily. I like my fruit, but what I need is a balance. I would also miss my meat! smile.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Could You Be A Fruitarian?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,