Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 33 of 88

QUOTE It wasn't specified, but I assumed - Page 33 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 11:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 88 pgs.  29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 33

Yeah Mradoric is out of the game. I made my rolls for death to see if I stabilize. I hope we get some help from said elves.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Rolling for lingering wound as requested. Hope its not a nonfunctional limb, he'd have to retrain just about everything to get around it.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Wow. It's so sad seeing everyone being hacked apart. This is horrible. Carrick is the only one left standing and that's probably for a round or so only. At least Malek can warn the village. Poor Zinna is probably about to be sacrificed to some forest gods or something. I can't pass the constitution check. Ugh. It's a 50/50 chance basically. I have failed it four times. Good to see everyone has passed their death saves so far. That's something positive at least.

2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 33 Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Thoughts on this?

I am working on some rules for crafting potions, salves, poultices, etc. To take into account Mradoric's desire to gather herbs that he can turn into potions or salves. What I have so far is a concept of various items needing a certain number of components (Generally undefined) along with a Survival check in order to find them and a Nature check in order to craft them; or would it be better to have a Nature check to find them and a Survival check to craft them?

Component Slots: The number of components required to craft the item
Region: The topographical or geological region from which the item gathers its components (I.e. Forest, Mountain, X Province of Asendar, etc.)
Availability: How easy the components are to find represented as Survival DC
Crafting: The Nature DC to craft the item
Effect: The effect created by the item

Healing Poultice
A basic healing salve made by utilizing a large variety of components that can be found in nearly every region. A character may only gain the benefits of the poultice once every short rest.

Component Slots: 1
Region: All Regions
Availability: DC 12
Crafting: DC 10
Effect: heal 1d4 HP.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:37pm

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Either nature or survival would do for finding the components I think. For the crafting though, I would think that an int or Wisdom check, with proficiency with an herbalism kit added on if able, would be most appropriate.

You also need to decide on both the time needed to craft these, and the time needed to apply them. Since its basically resource free healing. I think I'd be inclined to allow making a limited number of poultices over a short rest, and require a minute to treat the wound.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:48pm

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It looks okay to me, though I was thinking you could let players choose between Nature and Survival for Availability, and then use Medicine to Craft. But since I doubt my character will be engaging in it, don't give my opinion very much weight.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 33

That looks great Aeric. This makes 5th edition even better. No dedicated healer is needed unlike 3.5. I know most people hate playing a healer. I like playing healers but I didn't bother seeing the rules for short rests etc. Those rules look good and will make it more worthwhile for Mradoric to gather herbs like he has been. He will have plenty of people to use them on in a few turns.

2nd Dec, 2016 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 33

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
It wasn't specified, but I assumed the lingering damage you had me roll was on the table in the 5E DMG. Result in that case was Internal Injury, DC 15 Con save to take any combat action until injury healed via magic.

Sorry, I failed to mention that didn't I? You are correct, the lingering injury should be referenced on the table in the DMG and in this case consists of an internal injury.

Also, the SRD for this game has been posted and approved which will allow the players to reference setting information by clicking on the AericSteele's SRD button located at the top of the thread along with the GM Stats and Maps buttons. A player contribution section is also included where your contributions to the setting are listed. Any further suggestions are welcomed, but please remember to run them through the support thread before referencing it in the Main Thread.

Thank you to all the players, you have all helped make this an awesome game for me to run so far!

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.