Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 74 of 88

When using miniatures on a grid I would agree - Page 74 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Apr, 2017 - 2:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 88 pgs.  70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 74

Man, my dice rolling has gone ice cold, both in this game and Daishain's! This could get ugly real fast…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

You have been rolling terribly Paul. It's bound to turn soon though. Surely on one of the games at least. I know it is frustrating going through bad streaks like that.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

It is as if Zinna is cursed. My other characters are rolling pretty well. Zinna has rolled badly all of the last adventure and it looks to be continuing here.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 74 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

No comment. She is fun to watch as she tries her best to make a bad situation better. Bad rolls make good role play.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Rerolling damage for bonus action attack due to rolling a 2. I wish I could do that with attack rolls too tongue.gif.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am sure it is overkill, but allow me to roll my additional damage from the critical hit on that rat… I am not complaining, but I would rather have had that come up on a much bigger foe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 74

Doesn't matter for now, but for the future I feel it should be noted that by RAW, Corren gets his sneak attack damage any time an ally is also adjacent to the enemy.

The idea is, regardless of who is specifically engaging whom, a creature threatened by multiple opponents has its attention divided enough that a canny individual can spot an opening.

Of course, he doesn't get advantage on the attack roll like he would if he had been sneaking.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Apr, 2017 - 1:32am

9th Apr, 2017 - 2:32am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 74

The Maker says...

When using miniatures on a grid I would agree with the RAW for the most part although I would disagree with the idea that simply because they are adjacent the bonus should apply. I'm dissenting from RAW in this regard because to me, its not just that an enemy needs to be adjacent to make the bonus apply but an ally must have done something to draw the targets attention (Attacked them, taunted them, etc.) so an ally could be adjacent to an enemy but that ally is actually fighting another enemy and not doing anything to really distract the target so the bonus would not apply. In this case we are dealing with theater of the mind over a grid anyway so those kinds of tactics don't really apply the same way.
The rats that are attacking Corren are not concerned with, or even overtly aware of Leo or the others at the moment as their attention is on Corren so their attention is not divided to the point where Corren could take advantage of it even though Leo is close by, perhaps even within five feet of Corren. Leo may be "Adjacent" but nothing he is doing or has done has drawn the attention of the rats attacking Corren.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.