Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 80 of 88

Aeric, were the 6 points that Sir Leo sustained - Page 80 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Apr, 2017 - 2:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 88 pgs.  76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
24th Apr, 2017 - 4:59am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 80

The Maker says...

Just a reminder; please wait until your turn to roll your attacks and damage otherwise it sometimes forces me to have to look back at previous pages to keep everything in order. Its only a minor nuisance, but still it is helpful when I don't have to switch back and forth between posts/pages looking for dice rolls.

Also, can someone help me wrap my mind around why Skeletons do not have resistance to piercing weapons. The Monster Manual shows vulnerability to bludgeoning (Something I can see being common sense/knowledge for the characters) but does not show resistance to piercing weapons which is strange considering the damage that piercing weapons do is generally to vital organs, but in this case there are no vital organs to pierce. I keep envisioning Corren stabbing away with a rapier and the blade simply going through the skeletons rib cage, maybe nicking the bones but not doing any real damage. Even slashing weapons like a longsword I can see shattering bones or something but how do you stab a skeleton? You could try to slash with a rapier but I just tend to envision this causing the thin blade on that weapon to snap. The hilt could be used but at that point its basically being used as a club (Or makeshift gauntlet) rather than a rapier. Any thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 10:11am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

It has been a long time but I recall older versions having piercing (Or even all bladed) weapons do half damage to skeletons. As someone who frequently plays (And played) a rogue and used such weapons, it was frustrating. I rationalize it as the blade puncturing the sinews and tendons which still hold things together, or the blade going so deep the pommel smacks into it. But if you wish to house-rule it that way (Half damage), I can live with it.

And for the healing dice you are right. It added the +2 to each, and I totally missed it. Consider that he only got 9 back on that…after the attacks he is now at 13.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 24th Apr, 2017 - 10:15am

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

This situation really makes me regret the way the 5E paladin tied turning ability to the oaths. A devotion paladin could force most of these buggers to run away.

Ancients traded that in to do the same with Fey, while also being the least likely paladin variety to quarrel with the fey…

25th Apr, 2017 - 3:43am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 80 Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

I am anxious to see what sort of damage Mradoric rolled because I already rolled the strength saving throw for the skeleton and it failed. Pretty sweet tactic so I'm going to make it interesting once I have the damage amount; he could potentially take out two skeletons in one go!

international QUOTE
Ancients traded that in to do the same with Fey, while also being the least likely paladin variety to quarrel with the fey…

There are still the dark fey that this ability would be useful against.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 25th Apr, 2017 - 3:44am

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

That is what I am hoping for and it gives the two up front time to step back and rest a bit as a fresh fighter takes over and no AOO is presented.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Get all worried about the full benefit of GWF and I roll d20s for damage *sighs*

In any case, can we get a sitrep on the foes in the next room?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Apr, 2017 - 10:37pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Apr, 2017 - 2:21am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 80

The Maker says...

It may take a little bit to update, but I've posted another map in the maps section and to my character's home base for your reference.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 80

Aeric, were the 6 points that Sir Leo sustained counting the 5 temporary hit points he has each turn? In effect will he take 1 hit point damage or is it a net 6?

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.