Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 137 of 150

Grohg looks at the Elf listening to try to - Page 137 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th May, 2017 - 8:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 150 pgs.  133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 137

Zinna likes Leo's plans to wear them down. "That's what we were going to do after you were down Leo. Hit them with eldritch blast and keep away from them. We definitely can't go toe to toe with them. "

She looks to Corren and a smile crosses her face. " That's a great idea. Come back afterwards maybe with more help and loot everything. We are placing our life on the line for little financial reward. Shouldn't we get something a little more worthwhile? "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

"I think we can hit them with more than just your blasts. My blade bit deep when I channeled harsh radiance through it. I think a spell that places a temporary dweomer on a weapon would have much the same effect. I can do such for a handful of arms."

"In any case, money isn't why we are here, though I can see an argument for putting whatever we can find towards future efforts. Frankly, wars, even on a small scale, are expensive. But this challenge seems to be a bit beyond our abilities, and I would be surprised if we have an opportunity to return."

Leo will get some rest, taking a turn on watch when appropriate.

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I nod at Leo. " Corren will figure something out for next time. This is right up his alley. It will take some serious creativity. Just think… anything guarded by something that dangerous must be worth a lot. " Her eyes gleam at the thought.

11th May, 2017 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 137 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Grohg
The bodies of orc and elf warriors litter the ground in and around the ruins although in what was once possible the courtyard of this ruined fortress lies a small but stout form possibly that of a dwarf wearing studded leather armor though the dwarf’s head is missing. The dwarf’s hands grip a pair of bloodied hand axes but it has otherwise been stripped of any other gear. The same would appear to be true for the other dozen and a half or so bodies that litter the ground.

You catch movement out of the corner of your eye and you see that at the base of a vine covered wall lies an elf, his face covered in tribal tattoos similar to those of the other elves that lie dead. The ground around this elf is stained red with blood some of it probably belongs to the elf as you can see several wounds on his body and there is a javelin protruding from his abdomen, but some of it may also belong to the pair of orc warriors that lie dead nearby.

The elf is writhing in apparent pain although his eyes are closed and he does not appear to be conscious or aware of his surroundings at this point. He lets out a soft moan and whispers something though you are unable to make out what it is that he said.

Out of Character: : I will leave you to explain what brought you to these ruins. I’m assuming you have read through enough of the game to understand what these ruins are; obviously this is where the other PCs are at and your character is witnessing the aftermath of the battle. Your character history states that Grohg struck out on his own to find his place in the world. Maybe these ruins were mentioned in some sort of tale or legend in his tribe and he decided to seek it out so see what sort of adventure it might hold for him? It’s up to you.

For the others; are you completing a full long rest?

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Out of Character: yes, we're taking a long rest.

For timing purposes, I think it would work if Grohg is arriving the morning after we got there. We'd be finishing up our rest at about that time.

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Grohg looks around him at all the death, he smiles. "Hmm, good place start… what word, quest, yes, that word father use. Good place start quest." He goes to the elf to see if he can hear what he is saying, get any information, or render aid. Then ho quickly searches the bodies littered about for anything that may have been overlooked and also search the area, especially the vine covered wall.

Out of Character: Hale and well met fellow travelers. Let me introduce to you Grohg. Grohg is a young male Half Orc, barely entering his maturity. He definitely favors his human father and it would be quite difficult for any but an Orc to see the Orc in him. He left his mother and father to explore the world and prove himself. He feels that if he can prove himself as a great hunter he can bring his father's and mother's tribes together.

Raised in virtual solitude with his parents, he is uncomfortable speaking to others and is laconic. When he speaks, it is halting and clipped. He can be easily misunderstood. He is not unintelligent; although not the sharpest pebble on the beach, he is sharp enough to cut. He's just not used to civilization or even settings with more than one or two people. Expect him to be a bit overwhelmed and quiet to start.

AericSteele, what rolls do you need from me for Grohg?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th May, 2017 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 137

The Maker says...

The bodies have been pretty well picked clean of any valuables, Grohg finds mostly mundane weapons; short swords, longbows and battle axes. From the looks of it, this was a pretty savage fight and many of the elf bodies appear to have been mutilated post death some have ears and or noses cut off, others have their heads smashed in or were literally chopped into pieces. The carnage would suggest that this may have been an orc victory though perhaps a costly one, perhaps a raid as opposed to an attempt to conquer and hold the ruins.

When Grohg studies the vine covered wall and in the light of the early morning he can see that there appears to be an opening behind the foliage the opening is to a stone stairwell that leads down into darkness.

The surviving elf sputters and coughs up some blood as Grohg approaches. He is whispering some form of language unfamiliar to Grohg, probably his native elven tongue. With the exception of one simple phrase spoken in common When Grohg comes within a few feet of the man "Carrick… you fool" he can see that the man's eyes open briefly and fall upon Grohg but the look appears to be one of unfocused confusion. What does Grohg do to render aid?

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 11th May, 2017 - 8:33pm

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 137

Grohg looks at the Elf listening to try to make out what he is saying. He binds his wounds and offers the Elf a sip of water. "What name you?"

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.