Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 32 of 150

"Thanks for the help, we appreciate it" - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Oct, 2016 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 150 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33683
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
6th Oct, 2016 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 32

The Maker says...

"As I said, you wouldn't be the first to make the attempt and as such I understand there is danger involved but I am already out nearly one hundred gold from past attempts. Truth be told this is likely my last attempt before I cut my losses and move onto something more profitable." Carl seems to reassess Zinna for a moment "You know what, forget I said anything. I'm not sure what I was thinking in the first place, sending a poor girl out there into the Wilds. Perhaps one of the adventurers guilds Vollandar?" The last part he seems to mutter more to himself than to be addressing Zinna.

Alena frowns and gently pats Corren on the shoulder "I'm sorry that you are upset" she says with a genuine look of empathy "But, no nothing special here other than Tywin asking around to just about everybody about the disappearances. He's like a hound dog who's caught scent of his prey but just can't track it down. I can sense his frustration and I think the other villagers can as well. Most of us are trying to steer clear; its never pleasant when old Gant gets in a sour mood."

Alena smiles at Zinna when she approaches "I need to get back to work anyway" she says "Have to get ready for that end of the day rush when all the loggers make their way here to unwind."

Out of Character: : At dawn we will have the characters level up to Level 2 before leaving the village.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2016 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren smiles and says, "Thank you, Alena. Until next time." He then walks over to Zinna's table and says to her, "Now my attention is all yours. What can I do for you?"

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2016 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Zinna looks at Carl as he speaks. Hearing Carl dropping the offer and calling her a girl she studies him. She is furious and waits a few seconds before speaking to try to calm down. Speaking in a icy manner she states" Carl, I understand your predicament. I do. I can assure you that whether my friends help or it is just this girl your goal will be accomplished. I have abilities and skills that would be very useful on a mission like this. Not to mention what my friends bring to the table. This is a great market for you to work with. If I walk out this door no one else is coming to help you with this. I assure you that you can place your full trust in me. As a matter of fact.... " Zinna hears someone walking up behind her and looks around. Noticing Corren she nods at him.

" Corren this is Carl. Carl, Corren. " Zinna glances at Carl. "He is the leader of our outfit. Maybe talking to him could reassure you some. " She glances back to Corren. "Corren, Carl is a merchant. He has some interesting information about who to consult about strange creatures. Carl also has a business proposition for us. Maybe he would prefer to speak to a man over a mere girl. " Her eyes flash. She fills Corren in quickly on the proposition and gets silent as she watches them talk.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2016 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 32 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren listens to Zinna's proposal about finding the elves, and bringing some of Carl's wares to earn some coin on the side. He is torn, and it shows on his face. But he finally says, "Zinna, I understand why you want to undertake this venture. It could be useful, and profitable to boot.. But I fear time is of the essence, so I have made the decision we head elsewhere. If we find nothing there, and even if we do and solve the problem, we can probably still find the elves for other reasons. If you wish to leave the group, I will harbor no ill will. But I hope you continue to travel with us."

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2016 - 6:23am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna nods as she listens to Corren. "I understand Corren. The mission comes first. I didn't know if you might wish to track down the gypsy gnomes for possibly more information instead. We can always do this later if we survive this task." She grins. " I am enjoying working with this group. You won't be rid of me so easily. Once we have resolved our current task I would like to take up Carl on his offer alone if need be. I hope that you and the others would be interested in that as well. That is a discussion for another day though. "

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2016 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Corren beams a great smile at Zinna's reply. "I am glad to hear that. And since we have no idea where the gypsies might be, searching for them could take who knows how long. As for Carl's business at a later time, as long as my duties allow, I would be delighted to escort you. And I won't be surprised if the others also wish to come along." He grins almost conspiratorially. "I think all of us can use the extra coin. Now, perhaps we should have some dinner and get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be busy."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Oct, 2016 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 32

The Maker says...

Corren & Zinna

Carl greets Corren and listens as Corren and Zinna discuss the job. Noting that they seem to be rejecting it for the time being Carl shrugs and stands. "Fair enough" he says "As I said it does seem to be more trouble than its worth and has cost me more than I care to spend. In any event take this" Carl reaches into an inner pocket of his tunic and produces a small cloth pouch which he places on the table in front of Zinna "A small sample of medicine. This particular powder is used by herbalists throughout the Empire to dull pain; both physical and emotional. Both of you look as though you could use it."

Carl leaves the common room and heads up the stairs to his room.

Party
The next day dawns cold and sunny with the temperature barely above thirty degrees Fahrenheit but the air is still with only the occasional soft breeze. The party leaves Clear Creek heading north east out of the village. To your left you see a wide swath of tree trunks; the remains of the loggers initial assault on the forest. The stumps form a semi circle or bulge that pushes a little more than fifty yards into what was once the treeline.

You are joined by the hunter who informed Twyin of the den. He has agreed to guide you to the site but is insistent that he will not approach it for fear of what lies inside. The mans name is Nem Grarev, a short and wirey middle aged human whose light brown hair has begun to recede.

Nem recounts to the party how he came across the den, it was the smell that first alerted him to its presence; a smell of decay and rotting flesh that was almost overpowering. Between Carrick and Nem's expertise the party is able to navigate through the forest with little difficulty though there are a few areas of heavy foliage and underbrush that force the party to divert from their path and slows them down only slightly.

You arrive at the den by mid morning, and as Nem suggested the smell is the first thing you notice. The second thing you notice is how quiet it is, the usual sounds of the forest are absent here as though the life of the forest is avoiding this place.

Nem points out the opening, a rather small opening that appears to be dug into a small ridge overlooking a dry creek bed. The opening is just large enough for a man or medium sized creature to crawl into. After pointing it out Nem announces that he is returning to Clear Creek and quickly makes an about face to hurriedly move away from the scene.



Post Date: 10th Oct, 2016 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

"Thanks for the help, we appreciate it" says Roland while he give him a couple of coins for his help.
As soon as he left Roland asks his companions: "So.. Who wants to head in first?"



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.