Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 93 of 150

Zinna goes into her cottage and studies the - Page 93 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 150 pgs.  89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2017 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 93

Leo says sadly, "And so, there will be war."

He turns to the others, "It would seem that there may be no sparing the mortal Iliosani the fate their ancestors have earned. But now that word will spread to the Empire, we must ensure that word is the truth, not rumor. Our friends among the elves and fey could very well suffer if it is not very clear from the start the fault lies only with an isolated group of madmen. I will write to my superiors and inform them of everything."

Leo will help bring Malek's body down, and will offer to carry it back to Clear Creek. A year ago, he chose to leave the wizard behind, abandoning him to this fate. It was the right decision a the time, he was still sure of it, but guilt still welled up in him.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Feb, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

3rd Adventure

7th Day of Kythorn

It is early morning the day after finding the body of Malek. Reeve Gant has called the party together at the Drunken Logger, which is now devoid of patrons as the villagers have all gone about their daily business. Many loggers gather at the tavern, often for a last minute beer before leaving for the forest to conduct business but at this point the loggers have already come and gone and the party is left with an empty common room with the exception of Alena, who occasionally moves about cleaning up tables or sweeping the floor.

You occasionally hear the banging of pots or the dull clanking of clay tankards coming from the kitchen area. You all have your drinks or food items that you may have ordered and are gathered around ‘your’ table along with Tywin who is dressed in his usual armor; his weather beaten face looks even more haggard this morning though with deep dark circles having formed under his eyes.

You all exchange the usual pleasantries before Tywin stands and gets down to business. “Thank you all for coming” he begins with a raspy voice “I think it is pretty evident why I called you all here… war with the Illiosani elves is inevitable. I think we all know that, if we’re honest we knew that from first contact with them.

There is no stopping it… the Empire will hear of what happened with Malek; Sir Leo, I know that you were planning on sending correspondence to your superiors to advise them of the situation to try and cut down on the rumors and avoid a knee jerk reaction by the Church but I fear that your reports may fall on deaf ears.

I have been in contact with Father Marcellus frequently over the course of the past year. He tells me that he is making great progress in Durmista, but he also tells me that when he was dispatched he was told by his superiors that his primary task was not truly the conversion of the Scolandi, but rather to gather intelligence. At least this was what he stated in a correspondence to me a year ago… that was what was in the letter you delivered Corren. That and other suspicions that he had.”

Tywin lets out a small sigh and then sits down fighting obvious exhaustion and fatigue “I sent you all to check on the body found by the loggers while I rode hard to Durmista to speak further with Father Marcellus and the Council. The priest has been giving his superiors some information and some misinformation trying to stall but he is concerned that with this new event we are on borrowed time now. Especially considering Malek was a mage”

At stating that Malek was a mage Tywin looks even more troubled “I think it is likely that we should prepare to receive an Akashic Inquisitor.” Tywin looks at you all with a look of resolve

“As I see it we have several threats to our way of life here in Clear Creek” he says “There is the ever present and obvious threat from the denizens of the Scolandi Forest; the orcs, elves, and various other creatures that we don’t even know about all of whom would gladly see Clear Creek razed to the ground, but there is also the threat from the Empire.”

Tywin glances at Leo momentarily “I have nothing against the Empire or the Church. I was a soldier in the Emperor’s Army long before I was appointed Reeve here and I have always been devout to the Maker in my own way. But if the Empire makes war here I fear that we will see the end of our way of life one way or the other. Clear Creak will either become a battleground or a military staging area. The people here will be pressed into service. I know how the Empire works… I’ve seen it in action”

His face suddenly takes on an emotionless thousand yard stare for a moment “The Lighthair will be our allies so long as it is convenient for the Empire but eventually they will be swept away or assimilated into the Empire along with every other culture that we come across in the Scolandi.”

“As I said an Inquisitor will most likely come to investigate Malek’s death. I believe that they plan to use the manner in which he was killed as a pretext for war. We could try to hide it from them but I’m not optimistic about our ability to do so. Inquisitors are very good at what they do. It is very likely that she will want to scrutinze Zinna’s experience with the Illiosani. However, I think there may be a way that we can at least stall the situation a little more. For one think, if the Defenders of Clear Creek are not here, it makes it a little more difficult for an inquisitor to question them. And, I think that in the meantime we can make a fairly significant pre-emptive strike against the Illiosani and impact their ability to make war against us.”

“Obviously we don’t have the manpower or the resources to make a direct attack, but if the Illiosani do not have their slaves or their little tree of death it might go a long way toward complicating things for them. What do you all think?”.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Corren listens intently as Reeve Gant speaks, his stomach knotting up as it goes on. When the Reeve makes his final proposal, Corren has already been thinking along similar lines. He looks at Zinna for a moment, then turns to Gant and speaks. "I agree with everything you've said, sir. And I'll go. But this is a very dangerous mission, and I won't order the Defenders to accompany me." He turns to face the group. "This one is volunteer only." He is obviously speaking directly to Zinna when he says, "If anyone chooses not to come, no repercussions. And if you don't come along, you don't have to stay here. Maybe find some temporary refuge with the Lighthair… "

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 93 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Leo speaks up, "We had to leave Malek behind in that cursed place because we couldn't stand alone against the tribe's might, and staying would have meant doing exactly that. That hasn't changed. If we go in there as is, we can probably cause some damage, but will be surrounded and overwhelmed before long, and then the survivors will join Malek."

"I think if we're doing this, we need some manner of edge. If nothing else, a distraction to occupy their attention away from whatever noise we make down in those tunnels. Do you think we can get our allies to coordinate a few raids?"

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Feb, 2017 - 10:32pm

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Mradoric stands up. "I think that if we can go and help hurt the Illiosani then it will be a good thing. Removing any other prisoners they have and maybe damaging thier precious tree will be enough to weaken them. We still need to pay them back for taking and torturing our friend Zinnathyra."

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zinna smiles at the Reeve and the group as they first sit down. As the Reeve begins explaining the situation her smile begins fading. She grows a little pale as the war with the Iliosani is mentioned. Staring down at the floor she listens as he continues speaking. She looks back up when he mentions about the probability of an Inquisitor coming and wanting to ask about her experience with the Iliosani. Zinna's face is pale and she digs her nails into her palms.

Zinna listens as her friends speak about the need of combating the Iliosani. She hears Corren mention about it being volunteer only. Zinna gets up from the table. " Will this never end? Those cursed elves again and now an inquisitor. I have something to do. I'll be back later. " Zinna walks out of the tavern and walks towards her room. " Inasyah, help me. I try to move past that time of terror and it just won't let me move on. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Feb, 2017 - 12:34am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 93

Corren initially starts to stand up when Zinna rises, but decides she needs some time to herself. Once she is gone he once again turns to Reeve Gant. "Leo's got a good idea. If we can get the Lighthair, or maybe some other allies, to stir up trouble, that should at least get us inside the tunnels undiscovered." He turns to Leo. "Do you think Celodhil might help? Either come with us or agree to be a diversion?"

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 93

Zinna goes into her cottage and studies the interior for a moment. She stands at the window looking out. " Back into that cavern. I long for revenge but if we are captured… " She paces around the room restlessly. " What if I'm questioned by an Inquisitor? They might find out that I'm a warlock. They would kill me no matter what I've done here. " Zinna kicks over a chair in fury. She thinks about the risk of being here when the Inquisitor arrives. " I must see this through with the Iliosani. They all must pay for their evil. All of them are complicit. My Queen needs them gone anyways. After that… maybe it's time to leave this place. " She feels tears begin streaming down her cheeks thinking about leaving her friends. She wondered " would Corren go with me?" .

Knowing that she really had no choice in the current situation she caresses the ash wand in her hand. She walks back over to the Drunken Logger. Seeing the others in conversation still she sits down after giving Corren a slight nod. Zinna listens to the conversation as her green eyes are gleaming in anger.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:12am

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.