Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review - Page 2 of 4

I was expecting some more feedback or more - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Nov, 2016 - 2:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 
1st Nov, 2016 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review - Page 2

The setting certainly sounds interesting and sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Count me in assuming guidance on character creation and that I don't need the books to play.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2016 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Warhammer Morfeas

The premise of 40K is a high-tech gothic middle ages. The Warp or Chaos Realm (Some people call it Hell) is the way to travel the large Milky Way distances. The Warp or Immaterium is the realm of entities like daemons and has been created by the emotions of sentient life in the galaxy. The travel through the Warp is dangerous but vital for all the races. The way humans travel the Warp is by using the Astronomican, or Golden Throne (Where the Emperor is located in his death-like state) as a beacon/lighthouse.

The way humans live varies from planet to planet. The Imperium does not care about the conditions as long as each planet pays its tithe (Usually every some decades). So you can have a relative Utopian planet up to a hellhole with dictators as planetary governors, or prison-worlds where people are basically slaves.

Most humans are just simple everyday people, with some of them being mutants. Again, being mutant varies· some are vital to the life of the Imperium, as the Navigators who help the ships travel the Warp· some others are feared and culled, as the so-called Beastmen, people who may look like (Eg) Minotaurs.

After the simple population (Which has varied states or castes), are the Rogue Traders. Merchants who have the permits to transport goods between planets and who act as the grey area, as they also have contacts with the "Enemy" xenos races of the galaxy. These memerchantsan have 1 small ship, up to a small fleet of ships including private armies.

Then there is the Imperial Guard, as said, is generally cannon fodder, but they are the most toughened (Simple) people. Their equipment varies, from elite regiments as the Elysians, up to barbarian looking (Like our ancient Mongols but with automatic rifles).

After that there are the infamous Space Marines. Genetically modified supersoldiers that they battle for the preservation of humanity and are like Science Fiction crusader-monks. Again, a Chapters' beliefs vary, from cold thought up to primitive-viking like fetish traditions.

Then there is the Ecclesiarchy, that divides into 3 organisations: Ordo Hereticus,Ordo Malleus and Ordo Xenos. These organisations do not always work well together, despite their common goal, the preservation of Humanity. The Inquisitors are the secret police and they belong to one or two of the Ordos above. They have unlimited power to their hands and, sometimes, organisational power over Space Marines. Ordo Hereticus deals with the religion and the belief that the Emperor is god and make sure that his worship is everywhere in the Imperium. Ordo Malleus deals with daemon attacks and cleansing of the corruption they may bring. Ordo Xenos deals with the secret war between Man and Xenos in the galaxy.

At last, there is the Mechanicus, the engineers and machinists of the Imperium. They are a separate organisation of all the above and they worship the God-Machine. They believe that the Emperor is the personification of the God-Machine and they provide all the equipment needed for the Imperium, from simple machines and bullets up to the construction of the largest capital ships. That being said, they believe that even a light bulb has a machine-spirit and that every machine-spirit has to be appraised by sacred oils and incence. Much of the equipment of the Imperium is more than hundred years or millenia old, as the tech middle-ages made many of the blueprints lost in time (There are more than 10.000 years of the last tech-EnEnlightenment

All the above are susucceptibleo corruption by Chaos, as its powers are lucrative, especially to weak minds. Even Space Marines or Inquisitors fall to Chaos.

I think I wrote most of the basics, Warhammer 40K has lore from back to early 80s and there is too much to write. Even old players do not know everything. I did not write anything about the Xenos races, as the input is already overwhelming for just the Imperium. I think that we have to have the books to run the game. There is not an official Legacy/open source Role-playing Game as of now.

Reconcile Edited: Morfeas on 2nd Nov, 2016 - 11:38pm

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2016 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review
A Friend

Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Welp, should be able to get PDF copies for a reasonably low amount. So long as we agree to stick with one source book, it shouldn't be a notable investment for players. But we do need people willing to commit and agree on which book to work with.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Nov, 2016 - 12:13am

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2016 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Review RPG Warhammer Morfeas

As I have heard a lot about warhammer but never have played it I would be interested to join in. I will see what I can find for a book once we decide what part we will be playing.

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2016 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Review RPG Warhammer Morfeas

All right, that makes three confirmed players. Low on the headcount, but enough to start working with I think. I suspect at least some people who might be willing to join aren't looking in this particular subforum for new games. Might we see to going ahead and getting the principle discussion thread for the game in the Scifi Role-playing Game forum going? We can see if we can't wrangle some more people, and discuss further details there.

While I'm at it, I might as well supplement the lore already given with a bare bones description of some of the factions we might end up dealing with.

Chaos: Four deities and a quite possibly unlimited number of daemons inhabit the warp, a void realm that not only powers the abilities of Imperium psykers, but must be entered and traversed if one wishes to travel between stars. The forces of chaos constantly seek to corrupt, defile, and destroy. This category also includes billions of corrupted humans, including legions of traitorous imperial guard and space marines. Chaos promises much to the weak minded, but most who give themselves to it end up possessed or sacrificed, with only a bare handful gaining the power they sought.

Orks: Possibly the most numerous species in the galaxy, the war hungry orks are a foul green plague that destroys just about everything they touch.Their physiology is quite remarkable, possessing characteristics of both animals and fungi, which grants both incredible resilience (Head transplants are a disturbingly common thing) and blindingly fast reproductive rates. The more an individual ork wins in battle, the larger and stronger it grows. Many of them display an instinctive grasp on technology, somehow written into their genetic makeup. Perhaps the most fascinating bit is that they seem to have a collective psychic ability that influences the world around them on the basis of simple belief. Red colored ork vehicles move notably faster than they would without the coat of paint, and many pieces of ork tech cease to function entirely when out of orkish hands, with engineers of other races baffled as to how the hell it managed to function to begin with.

Eldar: (Elves basically) They once were a galactic empire to be respected and admired, but an insurrection of their own making collapsed their society from within. They are cunning, and have a ritualistic discipline that is rarely matched, but they are on a steep decline. Their race is largely mobile now, with much of their society living on the craft worlds, massive starships.that have been tooling around ever since their collapse millenia ago.

Tyrranids: Masters of biotechnology and genetic manipulation, the tyranids are a constantly evolving threat that strips entire worlds bare in a locustlike swarm. They have a hive mind, and traverse the galaxy in massive hive ships. While extremely deadly representatives of the hive are available, the race's general approach to conflict is to bury the enemy in never ending swarms.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Nov, 2016 - 2:45am

5th Nov, 2016 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Some of the Xenos races are:

Eldar - Dark Eldar: Basically space elves, in two large groups "Elves" - "Dark elves".

Orks: Not Orcs, space Orcs that have fungii like reproduction and are sexless despite looking like buffed males.

Necrons: Space Terminators with a mix of Egyptians. They had been in stasis for 6.000.000 years and now they start to wake up from their slumber.

Tau: Blue aliens with a small Empire and high-tech levels, often described as Space Communists. Their motto is "For the Greater Good".

Tyranids: Bioforms based on Alien/Xenomorphs, they live only to consume and upgrade their collective DNA. When they suck dry a galaxy (Literally) they move to the next one. They are possibly the most frightening species.

Other minor xenos species
I would like to keep only one psyker in the group since they are overpowered. However I can accept more but expect higher difficulty encounters.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2016 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review - Page 2

So, on the subject of starting up the basic thread in the main Science Fiction subforum?

It doesn't look like we're going to get more than the three we have hidden away over here.

15th Nov, 2016 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I was expecting some more feedback or more people to show interest. If you three are ready to go, then of course I want to start the game.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Morfeas' Warhammer 40000 RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,