Using Player Character Status For Game Masters

Using Player Character Status Game Masters - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 4:41pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 45 83 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,921
Avg: 8.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 929.05 FP
Charm: 333

Using Player Character Status for Game Masters

This Thread is about the feature explained in this Post. This feature helps Game Masters to control the Players participation in the game. The default is "Not Approved" so a new Character can be edited by someone who is yet to be a Player.

Once you are okay with the Player participating you can and should switch their Character to "Active". The other options indicate the status of the Character and will cosmetically dampen the Character in your game so it isn't mixed up with current active Players.

If a new Player needs more time to edit their Character you can shift it to "Editing" which means they are not approved yet and are merely being allowed to edit their Character.

NOTE: If a Character is in any other status except "Active", "Editing" or "Not Approved" then they cannot edit their Character. This prevents cheating while they are gone. You should NOT put a Character back to "Not Approved" once they have started to play. If the Player is not active then choose "Not Active", etc. Otherwise they may be able to keep editing their Character under "Not Approved".

How does this feature stop cheating? A Player can be gone for a long time, come back and decide to edit their Character hoping that you don't notice because so much time has passed. It can stop old Players from suddenly jumping in games without your permission.

How does this feature give you control? Via the "GM Stats" you can now see who are the actual Players in your game and their status. You will be able to better track delinquent Players and know who to slowly or forcefully kick out.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,379
Avg: 7.9 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 12,981.40 FP
Charm: 388

Masters Game Status Character Player Using

This is a grand Idea Jay I think it will be very useful to the Dungeon Master knowing just who is active and who is not. I know I will use it.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 959
Avg: 10.6 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,655.77 FP
Charm: 127

Using Player Character Status For Game Masters Reviews RPG & Card Board

Should be good for us players as well, it can be difficult to determine the status of other players.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 906
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 17.7%
[+] Gain: 172.44 FP
Charm: 43

I like the new look. It makes the GM stats page more worthwhile because I can see the party at a glance without trying to find who is playing and who isn't.

I had a character that died but was showing up as part of the party, now he appears "Dead" as he should be RIP. ;).

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 291
Avg: 2.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 52.7%
[+] Gain: 2,457.48 FP
Charm: 25

The part of this I really like is being able to see who is active and who just updated their character in GM stats and if I haven't seen a character / player in awhile hopefully the Dungeon Master updates so I don't have to wonder about their status when planning a move with the rest of the party.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,921
Avg: 8.1 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 929.05 FP
Charm: 333

New Statuses

I've added "Editing" and "Transfer" to the options available for Character Status.

"Editing" allows you to track new Players who need more time to edit their Character before being moved to "Approved" status. They do not get "Editing" as a default in case you are not accepting new Characters and do not want the Player to waste time editing a Character further.

"Transfer" is a locked status so the Player cannot edit their Character. This indicates that a Character is scheduled to be moved to another game / Dungeon Master / GM or Referee. Therefore, their Character cannot be edited during the transition period.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 959
Avg: 10.6 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,655.77 FP
Charm: 127

Using Player Character Status Game Masters

Thank you very much, this effectively eliminates the only problem I had with that particular system.

Guest please SHARE: "Using Player Character Status For Game Masters" on:

Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Using Player Character Status For Game Masters Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Using Player Character Status For Game Masters

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

RPG Info

Latest Game Topics

Highlights

Text RPG Character Creator: This custom program is the foundation of how all the RPGs function here. By JB 28th Jun, 2018 - 1:03pm
Looking For Committed Game Masters For JB's Boards: If you are a committed Game Master then you might like to share your skills! By JB 4th Jun, 2018 - 12:25am
Over Reliance On The Game Master To Have Fun: The Game Master only creates the setting, you decide how to have fun in it! By KNtoran 7th May, 2018 - 8:04pm
Players Waiting On Players Syndrome: As a Player you can take the initiative in a game, do not be shy. By JoePublic 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm
RPG Etiquette: Do you think there should be a standard, is there a standard? By play by post 22nd Dec, 2017 - 7:40pm
What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?: When you come here to role-play what are you expecting from the game? By KNtoran 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:16am
Can One Player And A Game Master Carry A Game?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By OrkSlobber 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:28am
Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm
Text RPG Creator Character Switching: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 14th Apr, 2016 - 11:47am
Dependable RPG Players: When you go to war do you want a fellow soldier or flaker on your side? By JB 6th Jan, 2016 - 10:10pm

Updated every: 59 minutes