Game Master's Nag Player Button

Game Master' S Nag Player Button - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Nov, 2015 - 6:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 
Closed
Discuss  Game Master' s Nag Player Button
26th Nov, 2015 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

About: This enables the Game Master to nag delinquent Players ONCE in any 24 hour period. The messages are standard but the Email sent off to the Player is customized. For instance, if you have a Character named "Conan" in "Harold's Dungeons & Dragons World" then the message will indicate this so that in the case where a Player has multiple Characters he will know which one the Game Master is concerned about.

How: A Game Master can access this facility via the Player's Character Sheet. There is a Nag button all the way to the bottom of the Character Sheet next to the regular Game Master Edit button.

Where: In the Game Master Notes box on the Character Sheet is shown the last time that particular Character was Nagged.

Why: Players who do not show up may cause unnecessary delays. The Game Master can choose to remind you or warn you if you make it a habit of not showing up when your role-play turn is due.

History

First notes about this Project: The below text is what was said at the beginning of this Thread when the idea was first conceived.

I will be working on an option via the GM Stats page to show a button that will allow a Game Master to remind delinquent Players that that they are keeping back the game. I will have it based on a 24 hour basis, in other words if you nag them now you cannot do it until another 24 hours have elapsed. I am implementing this because Game Masters do not have a direct way of communicating with a Player save through the public interface, thus if they are not present they will not see what is going on.

The other reason for this is if they have turned off notifications of Replies or not Subscribed to the Role-playing Game they are in then no Emails will be sent of Replies.

My question is, what could be some of the default message options you will like to see? For instance, an option might be to send a Player a message that says,

"Hi [Player name], you need to place your Character's actions in the game, you are holding everyone up!"

Frequently Asked Questions

* Before using the Nag Button what should I do first?.

Game Master's Nag Player Button (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2015 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Button Player Nag Masters Game

That is a nice message. I know it can be handy. Maybe asking them if they are still active and in the game?

27th Nov, 2015 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

Game Master's Nag Player Button Reviews RPG & Card Board

It may also be a good idea to inform them that if they do not reply soon, they may "Lose their turn" in a way, so something like:

"Hi [Player name], you need to place your Character's actions in the game, you are holding everyone up; if you don't post something soon the game may go on without you!"

29th Nov, 2015 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Thank you for the message improvements.

What I will do is allow GMs to select various levels of responses from reminders to mild warnings to threats of having the Character removed to extremes of being banned from any of their future games.

The hardest part will be to give the Character sheet a new field showing the date when last they were 'warned' and when you will be able to warn them again.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah that will make it interesting to see if they do respond or not. I do hope that as time goes on we get better and more active people in the games.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that having escalating options is advisable. The pace of the game should be undeterred by those who have lost interest.

Rather off topic, but...
Other than researching the forums for a delinquent players most recent post, is there a way to view their activity?

Would using a player's introduction post for communications like, " I [Malcolmshaw] will be unavailable for the next couple of weeks starting/ending, due to xyz events. Please feel free to move these stories ahead without me." or would it be better to put such things in the specific game threads they are participating in?

UPDATE: (JB) This will be addressed in your Introduction Thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Nov, 2015 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

I am already working on the script for this. I think all GMs should make it clear in their Rules the kind of activity they expect from each Player and what happens if they do not show up so a deleted or 'disciplined' Character does not come as a surprise. Really, you should not have need for a nag button, it should be that Players are immediately aware of your Rules and if they can abide by them.

Rather off topic, but...
Malcolmshaw, your questions are answered here: Malcomshaw Introduction.

30th Nov, 2015 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Game Master's Nag Player Button Board Card & RPG Reviews

Good idea if the Dungeon Master uses it. Suppose you have a Dungeon Master that needs a nag button of his own? (By the way my Dungeon Master is fast on the reply, I don't have that problem).

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Game Master's Nag Player Button

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,