Intelligence Vs. Wisdom

Intelligence Vs Wisdom - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 10th Apr, 2016 - 4:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th Jun, 2007 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Intelligence Vs. Wisdom

From the title of this post: Wisdom speaks of knowledge through experience; Intelligence speaks of knowledge through instruction.

What is more valuable to society?

I have my thoughts on this, but I'd like to hear yours before I rave on.

Too often, I get carried away with my explanations... I go too deep.

Let me hear your thoughts... give me examples; for and against. I promise, I will argue every point until we find a middle ground.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2007 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Wisdom Vs Intelligence

Discussion on 'What is Intelligence?' can also be had here, in the Science & Unusual Board.

12th Jul, 2007 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Intelligence Vs. Wisdom Health & Special Psychology

I think that this question can be answered with two questions.
Who is doing the instructing?
What are the experiences that bring wisdom?

If the instructor's information is flawed then intelligence gained results in undesired outcomes.

If the experience from the flawed instruction yields flawed experience then the wisdom becomes foolishness.

Let me also say that in youth, instruction is the most important. We are blank slates and we need instruction to give experience context.

As we mature we soon rely more on experience, based on our instruction we have received in youth. That is why we often associate wisdom with age and we focus more on instruction when we are young.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2008 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Wisdom Vs Intelligence

Name: Randomkidd

Comments: Look, the thing is that the world is a crazy place and people give definitions to things that clearly shouldn't have definitions. I think that kids are way more intelligent than adults because frankly, kids have not yet been eaten apart by society. Kids still have valid opinions about things and those opinions are actually their own and not acquired from some text book written by someone who thinks that they are smart. The more knowledge you acquire the less you rely on intelligence and therefore do not use it. But hey, you don't have to agree with what I'm saying. In fact if you don't agree with it, don't agree with it! Keep your intelligence working by actually thinking and not just quoting people who are considered to be smart. Smart has no definition in my books.

Post Date: 15th May, 2008 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

Intelligence Vs. Wisdom
A Friend

Wisdom Vs Intelligence

Professionaly intelligence is more important as we need instruction to work efficiently in a modern world. Society would not work if we were solely resposible for our education. However socialy humans as a race usualy require consequences to teach them the distinction between right and wrong and everything that comes with interaction between other people. Personaly I would say that wisdom is more important as it is from wisdom that new ideas come and there are some aspects of life that should not be instructed such as choice of religion.

Post Date: 31st May, 2008 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Intelligence Vs. Wisdom
A Friend

Intelligence Vs. Wisdom

Wisdom speaks of knowledge through experience; Intelligence speaks of knowledge through instruction.

I have to take exception to your definition. Intelligence is native. No matter how much instruction you give to some people they just don't get it due to a lack of intelligence.

Wisdom comes from experience which can INCLUDE instruction. Instruction is an experience. However I do agree with Randomkidd in that children often provide wisdom that seems to be far beyond their years. I"ve learned so much from my daughter. Even as a very small child she had insights that assisted me in changing my own world view and increasing my own personal growth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2016 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Intelligence Vs. Wisdom

Wisdom is a matter of both heart and mind, research finds

The fluctuations of your heartbeat may affect your wisdom, according to new research. The study suggests that heart rate variation and thinking process work together to enable wise reasoning about complex social issues. Ref. Source 1h.

> TOPIC: Intelligence Vs. Wisdom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,