Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 149 of 1199

Lia winces in pain. She can feel the electricity - Page 149 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256266
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 149

Cahleth sighs in exasperation, "Did I really just climb to the top of a house in a lightning storm?"

Nevertheless, he drops to one knee and steadies his bow. A moment later he sends an arrow whistling toward the dwarf. With his second shot, he'll target any combatant near the burly mage.

After firing the two shots, he'll scamper around to take cover behind a chimney or similar obstruction. It may not help from the storm above, but may at least keep him out of fire from below.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Terror says...

Targul breaths a sigh of relief as he makes it to the side of the house. It wouldn't help much against this many assailants, but at least they wouldn't be able to charge him directly.

Once in position, he tries to swing at any riders going by his edge of the house or, if necessary, any target that presents itself.

Targul Results:
  • Initative on D20 (+4): 24 (1 roll)
  • +1 GS (crit on 26 & 27 on D20 (+7): 9, 20, 9, 19 (4 rolls)
  • Damage 2 rnds (2d6+5) on D6 (+0): 2, 1, 6, 6 (4 rolls)
  • Crit on 26 & 27 on D6 (+0): 2, 2, 5, 2 (4 rolls)
  • Bonus die on D4 (+0): 3, 2, 4, 4 (4 rolls)
  • Generic Save on D20 (+0): 7 (1 roll)


Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia looks in alarm at the lighting bolt. She looks from the roof of the house to where the bard stands. Thinking she will be of more use up above Lia clambers up to the roof as well. She is aware that she needs to be alive in order to heal others. Lia calls upon Sune to heal her before she climbs. She can feel radiant warmth throughout her body. Once on the roof she quickly locates the dwarf mage and targets him. She will try to expose herself as little as possible. " We must kill that dwarf Cahleth. "

Specific Action: Bonus action she cast Healing Word (Level 1) on herself. She moved to the roof and fired a power shot at the dwarf.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:46pm

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 149 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of character: I failed to roll all the needed dice last post. Here is that remedy. Note, it is only a +5 if the second target is "Humanoid," otherwise it is merely +3. The target must be within close proximity to the dwarf though.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen grins when the cavalrymen do not reach him. Knowing that men with lances are most dangerous when they can charge, Poljen decides to take the initiative. It will be dangerous for a few moments, but he decides he must get in close to them. Dropping the pike and going with sword and shield, he moves to one of the mounted men that is closest, and makes sure to keep the man and his horse between himself and the other fighters and does his best to hack the man down.

Out of Character: : Attacking, and from the way I read the rules, as long as Poljen does not move away from anyone he does not suffer the AoO. And I also think this is the last round for the Bless…

24th Mar, 2017 - 2:54am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen retreats to the roof of the house with the others. Once there he aims his staff in the direction of the dwarf leader and fires off a series of magic missiles (This time cast at level 1); as the dark blue bolts scream toward the enemy Onwen lowers his arms and takes a step back "That's it" he says simply "I have nothing left aside from a few parlor tricks."

Onwen Brecht Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+1): 4 (1 roll)
  • Magic Missile dam. on D4 (+1): 5, 5, 3 (3 rolls)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 149

Round Two

Cahleth and Fay open fire, striking the dwarf and one of the riders respectively.

For his part, the dwarf points towards where Lia and Onwen are standing on the roof, and another lightning bolt smashes down at their position. They both come away with nasty electrical burns.

Lia heals herself, and then fires, catching the dwarf with a well placed arrow.

Meanwhile, Targul and Poljen are trading blows with the cavalry, most of whom are dropping the lances in favor of swords. Poljen kills the one wounded by Fay, but Targul misses his target. The fighter gets a bit luckier a moment later, scoring a deep hit on a man who exposed himself going after the bard.

The remaining kobolds stop just out of the half orc's reach and start throwing their javelins at his face rather than closing in. The small pack of drakes move to surround Poljen instead. One of them bites down on the barbarian's leg and starts worrying at it.

Anyone in the group paying attention to their rear can see Rector Falconmoon approaching the fight. He plants his staff in the ground, and a burst of light brings comfort to his allies. Then he stretches a shaking hand towards the cloud overhead, shouting out a prayer, and it begins to disperse.

Onwen's bolts of energy strike the dwarf hard. He sways from the impact, but remains on his horse.

Out of Character: 15 lightning damage each to Lia and Onwen, multiple light hits to Targul, who thanks to his damage reduction only came away with 11 damage rather than 29, someone scored a critical hit on Poljen, who after resistance is taking 21 damage. Poljen is also currently grappled, which among other things is making him easier than usual to hit. He can spend his action and an athletics roll trying to get free, alternatively, he can attempt to kill the drake in question, but will have disadvantage on the roll. They aren't paying nearly as much attention to Fay as the big brutes, but one of the riders scored a hit on the bard for 7 damage.

Lia healed herself for 10 HP (Was that originally intended for Cahleth? It is fine either way as it turns out she needed it too), and the father's casting of Mass Healing Word restored 6 HP to everyone in the group.

P.S. Falrun, you keep rolling twice for each attack, is that just in case advantage/disadvantage comes into play? Or do you have a source of advantage I'm not aware of?

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:11pm

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 149

Lia winces in pain. She can feel the electricity in the air. The elf moves away from Cahleth to avoid getting hit by something targeting him. She knows they have to drop the dwarf soon so they can help the others. " I'm low on healing Cahleth. Take cover if you are hurt too badly. I need to save my last heals for those below if at all possible. They will need it desperately. You too Onwen. She lets another arrow fly towards the dwarf.

Out of Character: : I intended to heal Lia with it. I knew she could be taken out pretty easily at the hit points she had then.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:44pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.