Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 18 of 1199

Lia eyes the scout walking along unaware of - Page 18 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jan, 2017 - 8:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

21st May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255587
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
11th Jan, 2017 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 18

The Friendly Necromancer says...

The blood of the innocent cries out indeed Onwen thinks as he watches Lia prepare for battle; he cannot restrain the slight sneer that briefly washes over his face but your gods are deaf to their wailing he follows the group, walking behind Lia where she cannot see his glares or see in his face what he is contemplating. All his studies up to this point suggest to him that his only real hope of resurrecting his love is through some form of divine intervention, a cleric of incredible power perhaps, but he has never seen anything that suggest that the arcane arts have been able to replicate this. Perhaps Onwen is approaching this from a limited perspective. It is not Audreeana's body that he loves, but rather Audreeana herself… her soul the core of her being. Despite his attempts, Audreeana's body will decay and if he reunites her soul with her dead body the results could be disturbing and could cause her great despair. But, if he could reunite her soul with a living body… something to think about further when time allows

For now he pushes the thoughts aside and begins to make a mental inventory of his prepared spells that might be useful in the upcoming fight assuming they work correctly.



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth begins leading the others through the trees. With him guiding the rest, the group manages to move swiftly and relatively quietly.

Elanna returns from another run. The southern camp still seems undisturbed. Those from the northern one are slowly and carefully heading towards the road.

At present, it looks like the simplest way to arrive behind the foe would just be to head north for about 300 paces, then go east about 500 paces.

[There may be more for Elanna to see and report, waiting on that Perc check.]

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen grins his usual smile as he follows Cahleth, slightly behind and to his left. His sword and shield ready, he moves softly, his doeskin boots never creaking like leather. When the group swings from moving north to an easterly direction, he can feel his heart beat just a tad quicker. His eyes and ears strain for any sign of their foes.

11th Jan, 2017 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 18 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai will tell Elanna to stay under the canopy of the wooded area, only popping out and taking a look from a higher vantage every few minutes or so as to not just have her out of the telepathic link for too long. With each breach of the canopy she will take in all that she can.
While they are trekking toward their goal, something seems to almost "Click" in Sar'ai's thoughts. "The faerzress… " the half-drow says audibly but not much above a whisper. She turns to the other members, "The types of magic that are being affected the most in this area are of the same that the faerzress interacts with! We drow," she catches herself before continuing, "I mean, THE drow had to master the arcane arts while dealing with the faerzress, built cities along leylines of faerzress to prevent entrance due to its ability to interrupt teleportation and divining magics. But," she pauses again, "I cannot see how the faerzress could leak all the way up to the surface."
She looks at the rest of the group and realizes she may not be making much sense, as she knows probably none of them are as familiar with the underdark and its nature.
"Just, try to avoid any divination or transmutation magics. If it is an echo of the faerzress, those schools are all but useless. Evocation and abjuation should be ok." With that, Sar'ai ends her little insight moment, mainly because she believes it probably fell on deaf ears…

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 16, 19 (2 rolls)


11th Jan, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Terror says...

Targul corrects his direction to follow Cahleth. You can hear him muttering under his breath, "I knew that, I was just checking to see if you all knew where you were going."

He'll follow behind Cahleth and to the right while keeping pace with Poljen. While not as skilled as Poljen at moving through the woods quietly, he also doesn't seem to be too concerned about making much noise. Targul's attitude seems to be that their foe is doomed whether they know he's coming or not.

Despite the amount of noise he makes, he'll keep a sharp eye out for any opposition, same as when he was on crow's nest duty and looking for other ships as well as land. And, if you think spotting somebody sneaking around in the forest is tough, you should try spotting an enemy ship that's several miles away in open water.

Attached Image Edited: Falrun on 11th Jan, 2017 - 6:30pm

Targul Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+0): 11 (1 roll)
  • Perception on D20 (+3): 14 (1 roll)


Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Elanna reports something else. Your foe seems to have their own eyes out. One is in no position to be a problem. The other is a little too close to the group's current path.

With the advance warning, Cahleth is able to get the group where they can see him picking his way through the woods. As it happens, it is the same man he encountered before.

He and others have a clear line of sight if they just want to shoot the scout. Charging him might also be possible, but presents more risk of him shouting a warning.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jan, 2017 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 18

The Terror says...

Targul whispers to the group, "I gots dis!" He pulls out his bow and carefully lines up a shot and, before anybody can stop him, lets loose an arrow.

Targul Results:
  • Attack roll on D20 (+4): 14 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D8 (+2): 10 (1 roll)
  • Crit Dam on 19 or 20 on D8 (+0): 4 (1 roll)


Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 18

Lia eyes the scout walking along unaware of their presence after Cahleth brings them all into position. They are discussing to shoot or to charge and who all would shoot. Hearing Targul stand up and say " I got dis " she calls "No Targul". Realizing that the half-orc is probably a bad shot she frowns. This has the potential to turn into a disaster. She raises her bow takes aim and looses the arrow at the man.

Specific Action: sharpshooter feat. Power shot.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.