Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 20 of 1199

Round One, The entire party manages to act - Page 20 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258553
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
12th Jan, 2017 - 3:13am / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 20

The Terror says...

Targul follows the melee team with his great axe out and ready. As soon as the rest of the party is in position, he'll attack. If able, he'll focus his attacks on either the robed individual or the one with the heavy crossbow shouting all the orders.

Targul Results:
  • Initative on D20 (+2): 16 (1 roll)
  • Mele Attack on D20 (+6): 17, 13 (2 rolls)
  • Damage on D12 (+4): 9 (1 rolls)
  • Crit on 19 or 20 on D12 (+0): 12, 9 (2 rolls)


Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2017 - 3:35am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen's attention is drawn almost immediately to the robed figure, his eyebrow raises in respect at the mage's ability to so casually dismiss the fireball cast by the sorceress. He waits until the engagement is about to begin to approach, moving from tree to tree in an attempt to conceal his movements as much as possible. Eventually he hopes to come within sixty feet of the opposing mage and when he does so he begins a low murmur of arcane words, with his left hand he slightly elevates his staff while his right hand he extends in front of him the fingers of his hand formed into a sort of claw with his fingers seeming to extend. For a moment it looks as though the fingers of his hand take on the appearance of spider legs, the palm of his hand a spiders thorax as he casts web centered on the opposing mage.

Onwen Brecht Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+2): 18 (1 roll)


Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia watches some of the Silver Blaze heading out towards the enemy. She wants to keep in cover but be close enough to heal if needed. The nimble wood elf sprints ahead. She races up to the last trees at the edge of the open area. Lia takes a breath or two then takes aim with her bow. She doesn't want to shoot before the others make contact and possibly give away their surprise. Lia will wait until they are attacking and then fire at the same time. She will fire at bandits at the rear that the group isn't attacking. " Bless my arrows Sune. Bless my friends and grant them victory today. "

12th Jan, 2017 - 5:14am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 20 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy gets into position on his horse, before charging with his silvered morningstar and shield raised for attack. He focused on the one with the heavy crossbow, hoping that by taking him out those attacking the caravan might fall back. The morninglord admittedly hope he would nt be seen before closing in and get shot with a heavy bolt or an arrow, though he trusted that Lathander protected his own.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jan, 2017 - 5:17am

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+0): 12 (1 roll + explode)
  • Melee Attack on D20 (+0): 1(-5), 9, 9, 16 (4 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+4): 12, 8, 12, 7 (4 rolls)
  • If Any Criticals on D20 (+0): 18 (1 rolls + explode, as D2-20)


12th Jan, 2017 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Breaking the link with Elanna, Sar'ai notes the apparent mage, but moves stealthily more toward the group that is pelting the caravan with arrows. Once within 60 feet of the bulk of the group she extends her hand as her eyes begin to glow and she whispers some arcane words in undercommon as everyone within the area becomes engulfed in a heatless purple flame.

Out of Character: Sar'ai casts faerie fire on the bulk of the attackers.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+6): 21 (1 roll)
  • Initiative on D20 (+2): 16 (1 roll)
  • Initiative (Elanna) on D20 (+1): 6 (1 roll)


Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Out of Character: : More combat rolls, you say? With pleasure! Just assume that Poljen is attacking, first the robed figure, then the next nearest person if he goes down.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 20

After checking the body, and noting the scar tissue, Cahleth briefly wonders if this man was a willing adversary. The sounds of his mates rushing into battle brings him back to the present danger. He quickly moves into range for his longbow. Unleashing arrows at the archers he deems to be the most capable (Insight below).

He'll be using his Horde Breaker ability: Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original target and within range of your weapon.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 20

Round One,

The entire party manages to act before their foe properly realizes what is going on.

Cahleth begins the onslaught, his arrows hit two of the archers, one of whom slumps over. Sar'ai's casting envelops the area. The bandit leader and several of his men are now glowing with what looks like violet flame. A few of them drop what they're doing and make a futile attempt to put themselves out. Targul rushes up, and strikes the enemy mage in the back, who responds with a spell of his own. A pressure seems to seize the warrior's mind, and his limbs freeze in place.

Onwen's spell causes webs to appear from nothingness, enveloping much of the foe. Cratol rushes in, and strikes a man on the near end of the line twice, his target is dazed, but still up. Thanks to the arcane fire guiding his blow, Geoffroy strikes the enemy leader hard on the back of the head. The man drops his crossbow, and returns the favor using his greatsword with two harsh strikes of his own on the cleric.

With the mage counterspelling her distracted, Lady Miruvial flings a second fireball. It detonates near the center of the fight, enveloping Targul and Geoffroy in roiling flame along with the enemy, and burning away Onwen's webs. A large number of the foe fall, burnt to a crisp, others, including the enemy leader and mage are badly hurt. Poljen dashes in just after this occurs, he attempts to strike the mage, but his target manages to duck under the blow. Lia's arrow catches one of the remaining archers in the temple, killing him instantly.

The foe for their part acted in a disjointed manner. Most of those who acted at all were busy firing at the caravan. Your allies returned fire, but other than the sorceress, did not have much of an impact. However, as the incoming archer fire falters with the fireball strike, the shield wall parts, and Sir Onthar appears, leading a charge of his men towards your position.

Out of Character: 14 enemies are still on their feet, though many are badly wounded. Geoffroy took a total of 17 damage from the leader's greatsword, and 13 from the fireball thanks to a passed save for a grand total of 30 damage, which I believe brings him down to only 1 point of HP remaining. Targul failed a Wisdom save, and is now paralyzed by a Hold Person spell, he can attempt to break free with another save at the end of his next turn. Because he was paralyzed, he automatically failed the Dexterity save to reduce fireball damage and ended up taking 26 damage from the fireball, along with 2 more from the web beneath him.

Player initiative order is Cahleth, Sar'ai, Targul, Onwen, Cratol, Geoffroy, Poljen, Lia. Round 2 will be posted shortly after I have actions and rolls from those who didn't already make them. From now on please try to post 2 rounds worth of actions at a time, it lets us work through combat a little more swiftly.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.