Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 213 of 1199

Lia is silent for a moment. She looks over - Page 213 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Apr, 2017 - 9:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256692
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 213

People start to relax and rest as the noises outside die down. The sharp eared among you can hear the occasional sound from outside, mostly the muffled sound of conversation, but can't make out any words.

Onwen will get a chance to study the objects of interest. The spellbook is straightforward enough, he should have little difficulty transcribing the useful spells within.

The ring is a simple but powerful Ring of Protection (Requires attunement, +1 to AC and saves)

The strip of bronze is rather interesting. It is activated much like a scroll. It can be used to cast a spell if that spell is familiar to the user. However, instead of being used up in the process, this item can be reused, once a day (1/day casting of 3rd level Bane spell, usable by classes with Bane on their spell list, whether or not Bane is actually known/prepared.).

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:25pm

Sponsored Links:
28th Apr, 2017 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen watches intently as Fay approaches him, his gaze initially cold but once the bard addresses him he quickly brings up his more likable facade. "Faevalor is it?" he asks with a smile "Or may I simply call you Fae… it fits you, lets admit that."

The mage looks over the ring and flips through the tome and shrugs "Coming from the dead mage the ring is likely to have some form of useful enchantment. I do have access to magic that can provide me with more information but I would need some time to prepare the proper ritual. The tome looks to be the mage's spell book… from a brief glance it would seem that the mage had a decent grasp on the arcane arts and there may be several useful spells assuming I have the time to copy them into my own spellbook." Onwen hands the items back to the bard with another discomforting smile.

His reaction to Nyzahr's approach is one of curiosity "Are you unable to speak or do you choose not to?" he asks in reply to her mental images, essentially avoiding her request for the time being, not due to a sense of malice or disdain, but rather because his curiosity about her is more pressing to him at the moment than replying to her requests.

If Fay and Nyzahr do hand over the items to him he will conduct the necessary rituals or make the more detailed examinations needed to identify the items and what they do. He will explain his findings to them and return the items as well.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:25pm



Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia takes the spyglass that Poljen had offered earlier. " I'm headed up top to observe the situation. " The elf glances at Nyzahrr before she heads up. She notices the armor is tight as she walks and knows that it will take time to get accustomed to it. Lia will offer words of encouragement to people as she passes through the cavern.

Once she ascends the steps she steps up to the battlements. Lia will use the spyglass and attempt to observe anything that is going on below and determine if there are any enemies that she can target.
.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:37pm

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 213 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Yes, you may call me Fay, 'tis what all my… friends call me," Fay smiles at Onwen.

He hands the items over for identification. He watches Onwen intently the entire time, asking polite questions about what he is doing. "Ye are welcome to transcribe anything ye need from this tome. Fair payment methinks since it comes from the mage that nearly fried ye before I bade him sleep" Fay says, smiling at Onwen all the while. When Onwen is finished with them he retrieves the items and leaves to find Lia.

"Amillë, Onwen identified the tome and ring fer me. I shall keep the ring as recompense methinks as it helps protect me from attacks both mundane and magical. What shall I with the enemy mage's tome though? I would not abide returning it to one who nearly killed ye and others of this group. Shall I keep it in my coffer for trade or later sale? Mayhaps I donate it to the Blaze. Aye, that be what I do. I present this to thee and ask you present it to the group as booty won fair. That may also present you with an opening to discuss me joining the group."

When done, Fay spends an hour attuning himself to the ring.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia can see a great deal from her vantage point. A decently sized section of the army is milling about outside of the tunnel entrance at present. But within a few minutes, a rider arrives, and most of them break off to return to rounding people up to the west of the fort. Only a few buildings remain for them to search at this time. The last civilian holdouts are now all being gathered at the northern camp, whose security has been ramped up considerably. The wagons left behind during your raid have also been moved there.

The enemy has gotten quite good at dashing between buildings at unexpected intervals. Between that and the darkness, clean shots at them, even for an archer of Lia's skill, are rare, but available.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Lia turns as she hears movement. Seeing Fay she smiles. After hearing him out she says " that all sounds fair Ionneg. You did take that mage out. Thank you by the way. I was in bad shape there not to mention my friends that were almost killed. I will take this tome and present it as you say. That will be a great time to start the conversation up about you joining the Silver Blaze. "

She gestures out to the tunnel. " They still have some people watching the area that we disappeared in. I don't know if we can chance using it again. It would be easy to be trapped out there. Look if you wish. " She offers the spyglass to Fay. " Time to put a little fear into them. " Taking up her bow she will wait for targets and begin trying to pick them off.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Apr, 2017 - 6:40pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 213

Fay looks out and sees the enemy forces where Lia points. Then he positions himself so can look towards the gate to see what enemy is there, if any. "Maybe one more bloody nose if the enemy be fool enough to present the opportunity" he says in a low, dangerous voice. "They are used to us coming from there," He motions towards the tunnel, "Mayhaps we take a stab at them from an unexpected direction."

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 213

Lia is silent for a moment. She looks over to Fay and begins speaking. " I like that idea. They are expecting us at the tunnel. Use some misdirection. We need to get rested up and get back to full strength first. I've been thinking also about this. Cyanwrath and that mage he argued with are the main leaders they have left. What would happen if we could conduct a raid to kill the two of them and then flee. I'm positive their army would melt away without them holding it together. It's risky but they wouldn't expect it. Kill them and get back as fast as possible. What do you think about that Ionneg? Take the fight to them. We could combine the two. Maybe assault out of the gate which would draw a lot of their forces here. Then another group strike at their leaders from the tunnel. "

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Apr, 2017 - 9:36pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.