Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 215 of 1199

Onwen gives Lia something of a confused look - Page 215 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Apr, 2017 - 11:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
29th Apr, 2017 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 215

The Quiet Shadow says...

"I said we wait, at least just for the night, Geoffroy offers, looking around as if to find someone. He seemed distracted, with a concerned look as he was having trouble finding his sister. Continuing he says, "The sort of ambitious attack that you are considering Lia would require us to be at our best, or at least as much as we can be."

Looking to be to his companions of the Silver Blaze, the cleric adds, "Concerned for the prisoners is to be excepted, but we already know they want to keep them alive and it appears even relatively unharmed. We can use this to our advantage to buy a little time."

Geoffroy finds his sister, and seeing her with some of the prisoners walks over to say, "Elyria, I'm glad that you stayed safe and out of trouble. Are you helping to make sure everyone us comfortable." He was glad she stayed behind and was not part of the raid to rescue those captured.

She is startled, and looks nervously about as if thinking of something to say, "Well… "

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Apr, 2017 - 1:35pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2017 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Nyzahr has followed Onwen after he explained to her the way to use their newly found Strip Of Bane, and listened intently as he mouthes the words of command in draconic.

She has been very intent on the whole conversation between the necromancer and Lia and her strangely fully grown son: this she sees as another mystery of this mortal plane: some of its creatures live but a day and others perdure for decades almost without aging… 'tis all so very different from the Infernal Planes, where time seems either eternal or completely random.

She leaves her musings to focus again on their predicament, and sends a few projected warnings to Lia after she hears of her plan:
- The Dragonborn Chieftain Is Powerful And He Sees Beyond Appearances. He Has The Sixth Sense Of Snakes. We Must Be Careful
- This One Agrees With Our Young Death-Mage: These Caves Can Be Hiding A Source Of Power To Win This Fight. Exploring Is Of The Essence.
- This One Can See In The Dark And Hide In Shadows. This One Also Masters The Magic Of Disguise. Yet This One Does Not Know What She Wills To Do Yet. Resting Is Of The Essence.

She then retires towards a dark corner to prepare to rest. As she lays on her tattered pilgrim robes, she sends yet a last message towards Onwen:

- We Are Considering Thy Request As To Why We Are Unable to Utter A Spoken Word Within The sphere Of This Plan Of Existence. There Is Much You May Want To Know About Life In The Infernal Planes. There Is Much We Can Discuss And Much Of Thy Knowledge This One Thirsts To Acquire.

She stares at Onwen's face intently. It is hard to tell what thoughts lie within the dark depths of the seemingly bottomless orbs of Nyzahr's eyes, but she has obviously extended an invitation to exchange skills and share knowledge.

Only the infernal gods know what the price of such a bargain may be…

Out of Character:
Onto a long rest.

As far as Roleplay, if Onwen has any questions maybe we can start a parallel thread to deal with this (With Daishain's help, since I have no idea how to do this…).
Now in terms of game mechanics, maybe Nyzahr could swap some Arcana on the Infernal Planes against some basics of Draconic Language and Magic Lore with Onwen, would that make sense ? Not sure how long that would take (Probably something to be resolved off-game, so much later on) or if that would translate to anything in terms of Skills or Abilities, just thought I'd throw the idea out there….

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 29th Apr, 2017 - 3:10pm

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2017 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

After talking with Lia, Onwen, and the rest of the Blaze, Fay goes off to find a place to rest and study his ring. He slips it on his finger. It is small, so it doesn't go all the way down his ring finger on his right hand. He puts it on and it barely makes it past the first knuckle. He looks at it and twirls it, "Funny, special to me it feels not. I wonder if Onwen was wrong. Maybe I should take it back to him so can look at… " As he thinks of that he realizes it has moved down past his second knuckle and now fits comfortably on his finger. "So, 'tis magic indeed. Yes, I feel it. He spends time concentrating on it, letting the magic enter into him.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2017 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 215 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Feeling the intrusion of images Lia knows the tiefling is communicating with her. She ponders what Nyzahr informed her of. Lia responds mentally : " Of their leader great risk is involved. We must be careful if we do this. Cratol has explored below. We should ask him. Rest sounds best for now. "

Seeing Fay depart she looks to Onwen. " You seem to be coming out of your shell a little Onwen. If you aren't careful people might think that you are being nice. " She grins. " I know that you and I haven't seen eye to eye very much in the past. I had a real problem with you taking the magical materials from that necromancer. I couldn't bring myself to fully trust you after that. You have really proven yourself in Greenest. You have risked your lives along with us many times. It hasn't gone unnoticed. " She looks down at the enemies. " Don't be discouraged. We shall win this battle. "

She will continue to watch from the battlements and snipe any enemies that she sees.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Apr, 2017 - 4:19pm

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: seems like a few things have been misunderstood. You won't be able to long rest right now, you've already used yours up for the day.

For Nyzahr, Onwen doesn't know draconic. His training would've included some familiarity with the runes, as they're related to the study of arcane magic, but that's not quite the same.

P.S. If you guys think a conversation between Nyzahr and Onwen would distract from the main story due to complexity and/or length, you can use the Side Stories thread, that is what it is there for.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Apr, 2017 - 9:50pm

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2017 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

After a bit of a nap Fay gets antsy. He finds Lia, "Amillë, I shall go below and see what fares there. If you are in need come seek and I shall respond. Be safe."

Fay heads underground and sees Velon, "How goes it good Sir?" Upon hearing his question regarding the reason for the attack he responds, "That query will have to be asked of those without. Or, we have some few guests we coulds't query of that very matter. How could I have forgotten."

Fay goes over to the prisoners, "Who of you craven churls are willing to answer our questions for food and a draught of mead? But I caution, do nor be guileful or feign truth, for we discern it and I will loose these goodly folk you and yours have beset upon and they shall have leave to have at you as they wish."

Thinking on what Lia told him he moves close to Cratol and speaking so only Cratol can hear, "Good sir monk, woulds't thou know if any of the Blaze have the means to detect if any of the prisoners who volunteer information are lying? Woulds't thou ask the Temple's clerics if any have the means? I shall watch the entrance and I promise to leave you some of the cankers to remove if those from without find their way in."

Out of Character: Does anyone have a detect lie spell? Daishain, do any of the prisoners respond to Velon and Fay? If so, we'll start listing questions for them. Do any of the clerics from the temple have spells to help?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2017 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 215

At present, at least as a group, the prisoners seem more intimidated by the thought of what their leaders will do to them than Fay or the others. That could change, but you'll need to push them.

When asked, a few of the temple clerics indicate that they could pray for a blessing that would make it quite difficult to lie. However, none of them are prepared to do so now, it seems you will need to wait until morning if you wish to make use of that. (Zone of truth is on the cleric list, but as you can probably imagine, there's not much on demand call for such a thing in a town like this.).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Apr, 2017 - 11:43pm

29th Apr, 2017 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 215

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen gives Lia something of a confused look but grins back "Yes, well knowledge should not be wasted. Though I wonder why would you have a problem with taking the necromancers magical materials unless you suspect that I intend to put them some sort of nefarious use? At any rate we all need to work together if we expect to survive this."

He returns his attention to Fay with a nod says "Thank you. I will continue to study this tome and perhaps wield it's contents against our foes."

He prepares to leave them and return to the caverns to study but gives one final parting word to Lia "Consider caution here Lia. We have been able to catch the enemy off balance and by surprise so far and that has given us an edge. But this edge is not likely to remain and if we push now not only could we fail to rescue the other prisoners but we could put all those that we have rescued at risk. I will be in caverns studying… please advise me when a decision has been made and we are ready to go."

As he once again prepares to walk away he is caught by Nyzahr's images as she communicates with him. He looks over to her and locks eyes with her for a moment and then turns away and makes his way back to the caverns. While in the caverns he is going to focus his initial efforts on copying the Earthbind spell into his spellbook. As a level two spell that should take him four hours I believe.
Out of Character: : Also keep in mind Nyzahr that Onwen has never outed the fact that he is a necromancer to anyone and he is the only one aware of his ultimate goals.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.