Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 28 of 1199

"No" Onwen replies simply to Sar'ai's - Page 28 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jan, 2017 - 2:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256291
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 28

The man struck by the monk is simply unconscious, though his arrow wound will need treatment.

The one dismembered by poljen lives for now, but is bleeding out swiftly enough that a bandage will not suffice to save his life.

Most of the loot is more of the same, but one of them wears a finely made amulet with the symbol of Mask.

Sponsored Links:
16th Jan, 2017 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai stands straight up and utters something arcane under her breath but also kind of muffled under the cloth. Then she starts to laugh as a what sounds like a low hum starts emanating from somewhere.
She unwraps her head as she speaks, "Ah, so that was his name? Yes, there was a wizard he could not best. That would be me, and that humming you hear?" Sar'ai pauses to let the guard look down, "That would be the glyph you just activated."
Sure enough, as the guard looks down, there is a faintly glowing arcane glyph encircling his the ground he's currently on. "You see, when I 'stumbled' back there, I cast it at your feet, knowing you'd probably figure us out sooner or later." The half-drow tossed the last of the bloody cloth to the ground. "The trigger? You stepping onto it. The eventual 'effect'? Well, if you take one step off that glyph, a bolt of lightning will shoot through your body so powerful your body will cook from the inside out!" Sar'ai is grinning the whole time while explaining this to him.

She gives a nod to Lia, "Now, my associate and I are going to release these prisoners. If you play along, I may just let you live by dispelling the glyph once we're through. Otherwise you can test your endurance as that glyph will last for a full twenty-four hours before fading. The choice is yours, friend… "

Out of Character: All Sar'ai did was cast minor illusion and as an illusion wizard I can create both a visual and auditory effect at the same time. Oh, and it only lasts for one minute, not 24 hours, which Sar'ai calmly whispers to Lia *smile*
If he doesn't take the bait, then Sar'ai will have Elanna fly down and distriwhile she shoots him in his dumb face.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Deception on D20 (+7): 26 (1 roll)
  • Initiative on D20 (+2): 10 (1 roll)
  • Attack on D20 (+4): 10 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D6 (+2): 8 (1 roll)
  • Sneak attack on D6 (+0): 1 (1 roll)


Post Date: 16th Jan, 2017 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cahleth waves Cratol off, "No need for makeshift shackles. I have some rope here, I'll bind him up and keep an eye on him. You two hurry off check on the others. They may be in need of some muscle."

Cahleth then tends to the man's wound, just enough so that he doesn't lose consciousness. He notices the amulet and begins to inspect it "And what can you tell me of this?" (Persuasion check below, rolling at Advantage since I'm holding the man's life in my hands..feel free to disregard :)).

While waiting for the man to speak, Cahleth searches his memory for any reference to this mask symbol (History check).

He intends to stay here and question the man. While doing so he conceals the body in the foliage.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 28 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: : Sorry for the confusion Daishain. This is Sar'ai's plan. I will defer my action to see if her plan works. If it doesn't and he runs I will act. I don't want to disturb the plan *smile* They would have talked it out in advance I assume.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2017 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Northern camp:

The man visibly gulps. His hand tightens on his sword to the point where his knuckles go white, then he thinks better of it and drops the weapon.

"Okay, you got me, I'm staying put. Just um, let me go, and you'll never see me again, I swear."

Looking about the campsite, there are a large number of tents about, and a moderately well constructed 10' wooden wall encircling where Elanna spotted the prisoners. There's a single canvas tarp tied over some of it to provide shelter, and a makeshift door tied closed with rawhide. You can see and hear people moving about within. You've attracted a fair amount of attention it would seem.

Ambush point south of the road:

The wounded scout coughs. "The Shadowlord has brought us luck in the past. But it seems that has come to an end. His favor has always been fickle"

Cahleth knows that Mask is one of the major gods of Faerun, with a primary domain of Trickery. He is most commonly associated with thieves and other criminals.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Cratol will head over to the north side of the road and make his way to the north encampment to see if the two ladies need any help. HE will be on the watch for any stragglers in case we missed a couple who were patrolling elsewhere.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 28

Lia smiles at Sar'ai. "Well done. That was easy enough. Men are so easily duped. " Lia laughs and looks at the guard. " I will liberate the prisoners if you wish to talk with our new friend here. " Lia pulls out her short sword as she walks to the door bound by rawhide. She pulls out her holy symbol and ensures it is visible. After doing this she cuts the rawhide and opens the door. "We are friends here to help you. Come on out. We are disguised as bandits but we are no bandits. I am a cleric of Sune. We mean you no harm, only help. " She will speak with the prisoners questioning them about how they became prisoners.

17th Jan, 2017 - 2:01am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 28

The Friendly Necromancer says...

"No" Onwen replies simply to Sar'ai's inquiry about finding anything of interest on the mage and offers his own smile "If I had any useful information I would provide it, don't worry yourself… your suggestion is noted." When the topic of the southern camp comes up Onwen only suggests that if they intend on fighting more they should not expect much in the way of arcane support from him until he has had an opportunity to recover and reweave his spells. Onwen chooses to remain back with the caravan attempting to recover some of his spells in anticipation for another encounter.




 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.