Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 745 of 1199

Poljen stands directly in front of the fallen - Page 745 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255861
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 9:30am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 745

Poppo shakes his head as the dragon once again absorbs the punishment that the party doles out. "Will it ever fall?" he thinks as he summons his last empowered magic missile and launches it at the escaping dragon.

Out of Character: : Magic Missile 2nd level.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen is barely sitting up when the creature reappears. He has to roll aside to avoid being struck by one of its attacks, but thankfully the attack goes wide. After Lora has kept it from disappearing, it decides it has had enough and begins to make its way to the exit hole from which it no doubt wishes to take to the sky. Still not yet on his feet, the barbarian swings his sword desperately at the scaly hide as it turns to flee.

"No! Not so fast, Glazhael! Poljen is not yet finished!" he cries as he rises to his feet and staggers as fast as he can after the creature, trying one last time to slay it.

Out of Character: : First, AoO with Disad, then rising,which burns half his meager movement. Fortunately it appears he has just enough left to get to melee. Bonus to Rage, so he can go Reckless, which compensates for the Disad he would suffer from his Exhaustion. I really hope this works! I need my combat rolling luck to come back!

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lora's has a grin on her face as the spell is dispelled. Seeing the dragon heading out of the cavern she looks around." Foul drake, you forget your treasure. Your gold and silver are ours now." She follows along behind the drake. She laughs mockingly and snaps her finger towards the retreating creature. A bolt of shimmering light darts out towards the creature.

Out of Character: : Lora will use her full movement to follow the dragon then cast Guiding bolt level1.

2nd Jan, 2018 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 745 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

"Running away with your tail between your legs? I think your the first yellow dragon that I've ever seen!"

Specific Action: moving to get the best shot he can, then firing a guiding bolt with advantage at level 2.

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Guiding bolt w advanta on D20 (+6): 24, 10 (2 rolls)
  • Guiding bolt damage on D6 (+0): 2, 2, 3, 5, 4 (5 rolls)


Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Seeing that the dragon has not blinked away this time and is instead fleeing, Velon will pursue on foot and strike out at it with booming blade, hoping to punish it for continuing to move. He flashes with energy from both his raw sorcerer powers and divine, gifted by Bahamut himself.
Out of Character: . Moving to AE14. Will use a level 2 smite upon a hit. Using Bonus Action to convert a level 1 spell slot into another sorcery point. (Can't quicken another spell this turn as I'm down to 1 sorcery point. Will be able to again next turn if Velon is alive after this turns conversion.) Hoping to hit and that the movement penalty of booming blade will be a big help.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The party taunts Glazhael as he retreats, he just growls and keeps moving, but his movements are increasingly erratic. A flurry of small bolts from Poppo and a single large one from Lawrance proves to be the end of the chase. Glazhael's knees falter, then buckle.

Turning his head, the great wyrm tries to breathe on those behind him, but all that is expelled is a bit of mist and a large amount of blood.

Glazhael gives up on standing and collapses onto his side, neck craned to watch Poljen approach. Wheezing, he says, "Go on then, finish the hunt, I have left my mark on this world, and on you. My mistress awaits me regardless. She will claim what is hers soon enough."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 745

Velon uses his previously rolled strike to help finish off the dragon and ensure it never gets up, and then makes a scrabble around or under the beast to try to find Zarra's bad and ensure the mask is securely theirs once again.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 745

Poljen stands directly in front of the fallen dragon, his chest heaving, blood running in rivulets down his arms, legs and torso from the cuts and bite marks. "Your mistress will not come to claim anything, if we have our way. But as I promised, your name will be sung when the tales of our glory are sung by bards. Now, I send you to your goddess! Tell her she would be wise to stay where she is!" He then drives his sword into the beast's skull, right between its eyes, with a final, primal yell.

As the last vestiges of life fade from its eyes, he turns and spits off to the side. Once he withdraws the blade he turns to his companions, still trembling and hyperventilating, both from pain and flush with the final victory. "It is done," he says, and begins walking back into central part of the cavern. He pauses at one point, then shrugs. He turns and wraps Nikolaos in a bear hug and delivers a great wet kiss onto the top of his head. He manages a weak grin as he says, "As I promised."

He moves towards Velon, and the paladin can see something in the barbarian's eyes. More than the usual playfulness, or the pride that are usually found there. He can see there is some anger, and he can tell Poljen is fighting to keep something bottled up inside. Poljen finally says, "Do not feel shame, Velon. The beast was fearsome enough that even I felt terror enough at one point that I did not follow it. I am sorry for that." His words are obviously genuine and heartfelt. He does understand what happened with Velon. He claps the man on his pauldron and takes a few more steps, then whirls, his anger breaking through and shouts, "But where in all the Hells were you all? Not until the beast almost devoured me did anyone offer healing! I thought that was our plan! And it was working!"

He begins pacing. "The magic that made me faster, and able to withstand the cold, worked like, well, magic! That thing could not believe I lasted as long as I did. And when I was nearly dead… nothing! Bah! I am willing to trade my life for any one of you! But if we are not going to stick to our plans, then I may not be able to trust you all anymore!"

Those who have known him longer than a few days can tell he is just angry, and they also know he forgives and forgets easily. But they also suspect a few words of apology and respect would go a long way to easing the big man's feelings.

Out of Character: : Giving folks a chance to do some role-playing, after all that combat… whew, that was a tough one! Coordinating things really paid off, though. Nice work, gang!

Attached Image Edited: PaulNelson on 2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:40pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.