Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 887 of 1199

Out of Character: : I do not think it will - Page 887 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 12:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 887

Velon feels the sudden, strong compulsion that he can get down to the abomination and smite it with his war hammer. He can do it. He must do it. He will do it. Nothing else matters.

The paladin calmly steps off of the ledge. He readies himself to fall towards his foe, grapple it, and strike. A small part of his brain betrays his other motivations, however, and for one split second his eyes lock onto Lia with a fierce gaze. She can tell there is intense panic there, as well as intense sorrow, as if he is saying goodbye. Just as quickly as it appeared however, the look is gone, and the man once again calmly gazes down at his target as he begins to fall.

Just as he steps off, however, he hears Perry's voice and a spell take hold. He does not resist at the urging of his new fiendish friend, but unexpectedly begins to float upward as he steps out, not towards his target as he expected. The featherlight warrior in plate floats, flips, and bumps into the wall lightly before he finally gathers himself, his eyes fixed yet again on his target.

Still feeling the overwhelming compulsion to strike at the abomination and also the enhanced movement of his haste spell, the man crawls down the wall like a spider in partial gravity. The movement is awkward and probably causes some onlookers a bit of uneasiness at the unnatural sight. His eyes still reveal a blank stair as the man has no thought or emotion other than the desire to hit the creature. He approaches quickly and swings wildly with his hammer, smiting his foe with thunder and radiance.

Out of Character: . My logic is that Perry levitates Velon up 20ft before Velon's turn. Velon then crawls at climbing speed down the wall as the spell indicates, which would normally be 15ft but is doubled to 30 with haste. Dashing with the haste action brings that to 60 feet. 20 up and 60 back down yields a net range of 40 feet down from the ledge he started on. I think this can reach the abomination for one strike with his remaining primary Action. (Thank you Haste!).

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 1st Mar, 2018 - 10:04pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrence hears the yells of his party members And looks away after dispelling the gravitational magic that was helping the snakes. Seeing party members falling he swiftly calls a magical word and slows their plummett!

Specific Action: if I see anyone falling, I will reaction cast featherfall on every party member that is.
Out of Character: I presume that is how it works anyways.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perry, seeing the danger Velon was in, casts levitate on his new companion, lifting him up. Lia, Tazskan, and Mari all take shots at their respective targets, but only a single hit from the dragonborn makes it through.

Lawrance dispels the magic on the abomination by Nikolaos. It gives a surprised look as it is suddenly unable to cling to the wall, and falls into darkness. At the same time, he casts another spell to catch Nikolaos as he is about to do the same. Nikolaos is slowly drifting downwards, and sees the yuanti hit the floor with a splatting noise. It does not move. But other things are. A number of snakelike creatures are scattered around the floor, they appear to be younger versions of what the group has been fighting. Several start moving towards the bard as he continues to descend.

Poljen moves across the bridge, throwing his axe at the yuanti below Velon, scoring a hit. Poppo attempts to grease the same target, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

Meanwhile, Velon is doggedly climbing down towards the abomination below, and strikes it surprisingly hard with thunderous energy.

It in turn had watched the paladin stepping off with amused interest, then surprise, then disgust. After weathering the blow from Velon, which leaves it in bad shape, it shoves him away from the wall, out of reach of anything, and starts moving down. It is soon out of sight for most of the group.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Mar, 2018 - 4:53am

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 887 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

With a pleased laugh at the plight and plop of the Yuan-ti into the younglings, Lawrance grins as he follows the second one downwards with his eyes. "Poppo! We could really use a fireball at the bottom of this pit! Aim it that way and 100 feet down! People, there are lots of little snakes at the bottom of this thing. Can someone go collect Nikolas before he becomes a snack?" Lawrance points in the exact direction the last foe is heading, including the mass of snake-ish creatures down below, but trying to direct it away from Nikolas.

Specific Action: Aiming Poppo's fireball at AX51, if he has it in spells.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry swiftly flies, being careful and staying low to the ground, across the bridge, and lowers his arm to grab the second rope that was never used which Velon dropped on the far side of the bridge. He will fly down towards Nikolaos and lower the 50 foot rope to the now featherweight bard.

"Niko, grab on!" Perry yells.

Out of Character: Alright so this is an interesting thing I'm attempting here. Poljen and Velon both dropped ropes on that side of the bridge earlier. Perry was trying to tie the first one up before noticing the Yuanti, so the second rope should still be there. Feather fall lowers fall speed to 60 feet per round. It takes Perry 45 feet to get to AW46 which is where I imagine the rope to be. With the 15 feet of remaining movement and the 50 foot rope, I think I have a decent shot at reaching Nikolaos with it. It's up to Dai of course, but it's worth a try.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Realizing there is not much else he can do at this time, Poljen says, "Whoever has a bow, shoot that thing! I will move ahead to clear the halls."

Out of Character: : Bonus to recall the Hand Axe, then move to AW-59 (Currently occupied by Cratol). If there are no enemies in sight, he would use his Action to Dash to AP-61... But that will drop his Rage. So it goes. If he sees an enemy he can engage while near Cratol, he will throw the axe… I will include rolls for that, just in case.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2018 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 887

The Awakened says...

Having been offered a hand by the colossus before him, the monstrosity accepts Nikolaos's engagement.
The bard then recoils his hand howling in pain and shrinks back to his familiar form. He desperately claws at the wall in an attempt to save himself, but to no avail. He closes his eyes bracing himself for the eminent impact as he hurdles downward into the dark. Only to hear the wind cease it's whistling around his head.
Not questioning his good fortune he plays a song giving himself the gift of flight, as he sees a thousand hungry mouths reach up to him.
Specific Action: cast fly from Doss Lute moving to the safest place he can get.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 887

Out of Character: : I do not think it will make much of a difference, but I forgot my Bless this turn. If it rolls high enough it might help… if there is even a reason for it… I forgot it last turn for the Dexterity save and the attack, but did not need it…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.