Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1020 of 1199

"You're right, perhaps we should - Page 1020 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jun, 2018 - 10:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1020

Before the party departs the privacy of the staircase, Velon addresses the group. "Well done, everyone. Another mask is secured, mostly. Mari, please keep it safe for us, and please stay with the group until we can be rid of it. We have enemies everywhere now."

"I believe the dragon's threats. I aim to head back to the forest immediately when the castle arrives, if you all will join me. What do you say?" He looks to Lia and Poljen, and any others who have spoken on the subject, such as Morgaine. "What advantages can we gain between now and then? We could fly to see the King of the elves there, and enlist his help. I, for one, aim to get some more potions while we wait for the castle. I'm a fool for not having one for every possible trouble, given our abundance of riches, swimming being chief among them. Another emergency scroll might be in order, too. Lawrance, what was it going to take to set up a circle in the castle, again?"

"Whatever we do until Poppo and the rest arrive, please, let's stick together, eh? We have to protect Mari."

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 26th Jun, 2018 - 8:42pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As the dragon stares at the group, Poljen can feel the itch, deep down. He wants to be unleashed, there and then. She is alone. They could overwhelm her, he is sure. But he knows the decision has been made. As the group begins hustling through the portal, he hears her words. He offers his own parting words.

"You've wrought plenty of suffering before us, so more of the same. I look forward to meeting you again. If you truly wish to see us, stay here. We'll return in a few days!" With that, he steps through.

After they are on the streets of Waterdeep, Velon speaks. Poljen's face remains impassive. But he follows the group wherever it goes.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perry eyes the humanoid dragoness for a time while Lawrance preps the portal. He just sort of shakes his head disapprovingly as she glares coldly at the party. “Wrong, all wrong," he thinks over the mental link. "She’s beautiful, but her outfit is so last century and the colors just completely clash. It’s sad really.”

Before stepping through behind Mari, he says to the dragon, “If you’re going to go with green, pick a shade that goes with current season my dear. And please, do choose something from this century.” He tilts his head and smiles, gives her a wink, then steps through the portal.

Upon arrival in Waterdeep, Perry immediately collapses to the ground on his butt, his palms on the ground to his sides, and breathes a huge sigh of relief. “That was so scary you guys,” he admits to the others. “That’s it!” he shouts. “I vote NO on any more stealth missions for a long, long time. My heart can’t take too much more of that!”

When Velon brings up the procurement of potions, Perry, who would normally light up with glee at the prospect of shopping, turns to him and says in an uncharacteristically serious tone, “Velon, listen to me. These streets are just as dangerous as where we just were, but in a different manner. Waterdeep is not only extremely large, but it has many, many criminal factions. And I’m NOT talking about Bodangles the Orca. We need to find a safe area to lay low for a bit while we hold the item. Do you all know anyone trustworthy here? Anyone at all who may shelter us? I will happily go purchase some potions, but perhaps getting somewhere safe should be our first priority.”

Out of Character: Dungeon Master what would Perry know of Waterdeep that would help in finding a safe spot to lay low? Perhaps any upper class, relatively safe Inns (The Yawning Portal etc.)? He is a noble of Neverwinter (I.e. A city boy) and is a well-traveled Bard. I'll go ahead and roll History and do so with advantage in case his backstory gives him anything at all here. Feel free to ignore the advantage as usual if you don't think it would apply.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 26th Jun, 2018 - 9:37pm

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1020 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Keeping a weather eye on the dragon as he opens the portal, he steps through without a comment at his allotted time. Landing in the streets of Waterdeep, he sighs heavily, glad to have been able to make the exit for the group without issue. "That was more than close, people. For a moment, I wasn't even sure that I could activate that magic. Thank Oghma it worked and we are here now!"
"Velon, there are a few options for us, with regards to protecting the mask. We can keep moving with it, hoping she has no easy way to reach us. We can obscure it with a nondetection spell until we find a safe place for it, but I would need to memorize the spell from my books. We can also put it on the Ethereal plane in the magic chest, where it becomes unreachable by normal means. Poppo could also then retrieve it and put it into our vault, which is well screened against magic and protected in other ways, as you know. Keeping it with us is a poor choice at this point in time."
"For us to have a Teleport Circle in our keep requires a mage of more power than I have at this time. And then it takes a year for the circle to be permanent as this one in Waterdeep is. Not within our ability, for now."
Regarding shopping: "I, too, have some items I need to purchase, but I'd only want to do that after the mask is handled. I've actually lived here in Waterdeep for over a year before I first ventured out to where we met in the mountains. It's a fun place, as long as you're cautious!"

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 26th Jun, 2018 - 9:56pm

26th Jun, 2018 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

Morgiane goes through the portal and feels the pull and closes her eyes as she travels the "Streamline" and lands in Waterdeep on her butt. She then opens her eyes to see the group all together, being held. Fear grips her at first, then seeing they are to be released, relaxes and heads up the stairs with the others arriving near the Marketplace.
Hearing the others say they need to lay low, Morgaine will offer, if they don't mind a little work; and wish to get back to Balder's Gate; she can get the group passage on a ship. She will offer also to contact the mercenaries she was with before and see which direction they are headed and wouldn't mind a few others others offering them protection. Morgaine will wait until everyone has a say as to what she will do.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"A mage more powerful than you, Lawrance! How's that even possible? You can summon lightning and ghost horses and elementals and do teleporty dagger attacks! Is teleporting really that complicated?"

Perry is baffled.

"I mean I can do magic too, but I can only do certain things. I should've studied more in college like Niko, but class is just boring and I can't stay focused like that," he pouts.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1020

"Ah, my dear perspicuous Perry, short distance teleports are simple, bridging great ones are not. The crafting of the extra-dimensional links between the locations requires almost a weaver's talents, else your tunnel can rip and send you to places you'd rather not end up! If a link unravels in the wrong way, it could even send you into the darker dimensions, where your natural form would be at home, but you may be a bit uncomfortable. It will take me some time before I have practiced skills enough to make those weaves. Even that prepared scroll we just used was almost too much for me to access, and that was with Sune's and your help!"

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1020

"You're right, perhaps we should lay low and do our shopping at the last minute as the castle arrives. We'll probably be noticed the minute we leave this place, but I suppose that doesn't mean we should push our luck.
Should we commission a new scroll, while we are here? We'd all need to chip in, but I bet Perry can talk them down. You know, something about Tiamat and the end of the world, or something?" He winks at Perry.

Velon grins at the words of the newcomer, offering ships passage to lie low. "Oh, Morgaine, since you've only had one ride thus far, you may not have realized the distance we covered, but the castle will be here quite swiftly! There's no need for us to travel far in the meantime." He beams with regard to the impressive speed of the castle and its crew.

"The vault is a good idea Lawrance. I only meant Mari should hold it for now just until the castle arrives. Where is this chest, again? We can also see if we can simply hand it it Chasorth."

"I hate to say it, but unless any of you know of a better place to stay, perhaps everyone's favorite Tiny Hut spell is in order to ensure the safety of Mari and the mask? We could put it up in the basement of an inn, or simply out in a field, perhaps."

Out of Character: . What would the players estimate for time until the castle can come to Waterdeep? Also, I forget how long it took to get a teleport scroll made last time.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.