Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1099 of 1199

At mention of Lia's shopping being - Page 1099 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Aug, 2018 - 7:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1099

Once informed about the scrying guardian, Lawrance says "Yes, that sure sounds like a Gnomish spell defense. Gnomes have a rather… unique viewpoint about the world, and often find odds ways to modify magics and natural laws to produce effects. I would recommend asking the guardian to pass a message onto it's creator. We could try a sending to him as well and summarize our attempt to aid him, if you're worried about the feline being part of the Cult's magics. He may or may not trust our message, but at least he'll be able call back to us should he wish to. His ability to hold out against such a force is more than a little impressive."
"Given our advantages, we could do some serious damage to the forces arrayed against his tower. We have a few days - shall we prep some rock spheres for our surprise?"
Lawrance gives Penelope a shopping list of various ingredients, nothing too unusual but certainly not common. He suggests an alchemy shop for most of them.
Back in his labs, he keeps working, trying to develop the right magics to defend against the dragons' powers for the next encounter.

Attached Image Edited: Gknightbc on 26th Aug, 2018 - 4:04am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia just shakes her head at Poljen's comment. She looks over at Morgaine and Mari and rolls her eyes.

"Well, let us go shopping. Penelope, I don't need anything this time. We girls are just going to do a little dress shopping. Don't worry, Velon. We won't delay the mission. What I buy is for your benefit too." She winks at the paladin.

She will head into the city along with Mari (And Morgaine if she goes with them). The cleric will help both of them pick out some suitable clothing. She will push them towards more revealing clothing as guided by Sune. Lia will pick up 4 expensive dresses for both her and Mari.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Aug, 2018 - 11:40am

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The market is found easily enough by Perry and Lia's party. There is a broad mixture of goods here. This place is the most common location for the elves of the high forest to trade their goods for things from elsewhere around the world. So there are a lot of elvish goods being hawked alongside metalwork from Citadel Adbar and bolts of linen from the Dalelands.

Cratol is waiting there. A pair of young half elves stand with him, a man and a woman. The man is being supported by the other one, though he is swathed in a long if light cloak, making it difficult to assess his condition.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1099 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Oh hey, look over there Lia. It's Cratol and some other random people!" Penelope exclaims. She approaches the half-elves conveniently located in the shopping area they arrived at, "Hi hi Cratol, what's up? It's been awhile. We were just wrapping up slaying an adult green dragon in one of the toughest fights ever to save the elves and to retrieve an artifact with world-shaking consequences. Yeah, a few of us almost died too. It was pretty rough. I'm sure whatever you had to do was important too. Anyway, yeah, I have some shopping to do over here so don't mind me. Lia can do the healing, but if you need some bard stuff let me know." The bard will keep an ear open to overhear the conversation.

Penelope will let those two talk while she talks to shopkeepers in the background, "Hey do you have any lightning resistance potions? Or any magical gems? Oh and I need everything on this list," she shows the relevant person the list of items she wrote down for Lawrance. She moves onto someone who looks to be selling dwarven-made weapons from the Citadel, "Hey you look like someone who knows a lot about purchasing and dealing with weapons, do you know anyone skilled in working with dragonbone and dragon hide by chance? The best, most skilled person you know preferably."

She will also help Mari, Morgaine, and Lia find and pick out dresses, then haggle the price down. She will also look for roughly a dozen or so silver mandolin picks, needles, darts, or shurikens. Whatever really, as long as they are made of or coated in silver and somewhat sharp and pointy.

Out of Character: I rolled a 25 on persuasion earlier for this, so whatever percentage discount that gets me would be appreciated. Also asking the weapons dealer if he knows any master dragonsmiths. Lawrance was your list filled with actual items or was this more for flavor/RP? If so, just deduct whatever the amount it costs is minus whatever discount I get. If possible, I'd like to apply the discount to whatever dresses the girls buy. I'll let them decide what they look like. Penelope would definitely help with that *wink*.

EDIT: Added the bit about silvered sharp things. Not sure what the price would be on either the dresses or the silver items so Daishain if you would be so kind.

Attached Image Edited: seath on 26th Aug, 2018 - 3:00pm

26th Aug, 2018 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

Morgaine is excited about going shopping and seeing the wears in the Marketplace. Upon seeing Cratol, she will tell him and those with him "Hello" in Elvish. Then excuse herself and heads to the Tailor's Shop. With the help of Lia, Mari and Penelope, she chooses 4 dresses; 2 for special occasions and 2 for herself. They will fit her very well and show off her curves and the latter 2 will be somewhat revealing.

Out of Character: Just let me know the cost of the dresses so I can deduct the price from my amount of gold.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

When people can get a bit closer, they get an ever so subtle hint as to what might be wrong with the half elvish man.

Under the hood of his cloak, a jagged piece of dark metal protrudes from the side of his forehead.

Dresses of various kinds and qualities are found easily enough, as are the potions Perry seeks. A nearby magic shop proves to have the components Lawrance wanted.

Dragonwork items proves to be a bit more challenging. The crafters here can claim no such experience. Asking around a bit suggests a few other places to check. Citadel Adbar is mentioned by a few, along with Lantan and Nimbral. One person mentions a tribe of dragon hunters somewhere in the vast tundra called Vaasa

Pointy silver figurines can be found easily enough from artisans, but they aren't really intended to hit things with. A man offers to make a set of tiny silver blades for Perry, but will charge extra for a rush job to get it done in time for the group's deadline.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1099

Mari enjoys shopping with the other women. She picks out a finely tailored green gown in addition to a red one. The rogue makes sure that they aren't too tight. Being able to move quickly in case of danger is always important to her.

Lia is all smiles as she shops and assists with the other women. She is pleased with everyone's choices except for Mari. Those dresses are not form fitting enough. Lia finds a golden gown, a silver and two more greens. They are all of the highest craftsmanship and hug her curves. The silver one is sure to draw the look of every man with a pulse. It is skin tight and cut very low." Velon will like this I'm sure… "

Shortly afterwards she notices Cratol and two strangers approaching. Lia looks at Cratol coldly." So now you decide to return to your companions. When you need help.." She shakes her head." That can wait. I have much more to say about. I'm sure Velon and some others will as well. Who are your friends and what ails him?"

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1099

At mention of Lia's shopping being for Velon's benefit too, Velon blushes and stammers a little at first, but recovers and mostly just bullshits his way out of the conversation. "Ah,um, yeah, ah, like I was just say, even though we're at war doesn't mean we don't deserve a little down time and a few of the finer things! Morale is crucial in times like these, you see."

"So where are we meeting Cratol?" In the end, if a specific meet up separate from the shopping isn't organized, Velon will probably tag along and ask Poljen to do the same as they requested. In departing the castle, he asks Captain Callahan to stay alert and not to let Cratol back in without word from some of the party leaders.

Upon seeing Cratol, Velon stays quiet and stands behind Lia by several feet at least, glad she is doing the talking. He stands next to Poljen with a scowl, arms crossed, squeezing his hammer on one hand. His shield remains on his back, however.

Velon does ask Perry to keep an eye out for a few items he has seen others in the group with, has heard of, or has inquired with Lawrance about.

Out of Character: Will post in Q&A soon with a few items I'm thinking of for Velon.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.