Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1147 of 1199

Lia smiles happily at Seath." Well done. - Page 1147 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1147

Perry gets into position, shield in one hand and steel mirror in the other, and stands in front of the Medusa with the mirror pointed towards her and right in front of her eyes. He is careful not to look her in the eyes directly. "Alright Lia, if you're going to let the giant sphinx lady go, then I'm in position over here."

He is preparing for the worst and has his Shield spell ready in case the Medusa lashes out.

Specific Action: In front of Medusa with mirror in front of her eyes. Not looking into her eyes directly. Shield spell is ready for the worst.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As Perry positions the mirror, there is a sudden crackling noise, and several things happen at once. The medusa, unable to avert its gaze from the mirror, slowly turns to stone.

Cracks form in the statue of the sphinx, stone raining off to reveal the golden furred creature in all of its glory.

Briefly shaking dust from her fur, the sphinx sits on her haunches and looks down at you all, she speaks, "You have chosen, whether the choice was wise or not is not for me to say."

"One half of the key you require is now yours, take it from her, the other can be won with a test of wits. Do you wish to challenge me for it?"

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2018 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perry slowly turns around and looks back to the group with a sheepish expression. He didn't quite expect such an immediate response.

--

After the Sphinx lady speaks about challenges, Perry says, "Why hello there ma'am! You are looking quite beautiful and majestic if I do say so myself, especially now that you're no longer stone. Anyway, my name is Peregrine, but you can call me Perry, and these fine folk here are my friends. What's your name if you don't mind me asking?

Regarding your question, I will say that we may be willing to accept your challenge to get the other piece there, but… why? We just took care of that evil lady over there that almost turned you to stone. Can't you just let us borrow your piece since we did you a favor and freed you? A favor for a favor if you will."

Out of Character: We probably can't get out of this but I do want to hear her justification here at least. Will roll persuasion if it matters at all.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 25th Sep, 2018 - 12:27am

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1147 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen will say softly, "Nicely done, Perry. Now if you can outwit, or at least match wits with the sphinx, we can go in. But you could also mention we are here to help the gnome… "Poljen then steps back to let the really clever folk handle this.

25th Sep, 2018 - 12:57am / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

Morgaine just stands by and looks at the Sphinx in awe. She avoids looking at the Medusa until she is stone., then takes a quick look at her. She is quite during the entire time as she lets others who are more skilled to get the needed other half of the key.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I have and require no name. But the being I was modeled after is known as Msenabe, you may use that if you wish."

"As to your other question, I was made to a singular purpose, to test visitors to this place, as is my sister over there. I can no more deviate from that purpose than a river can choose to flow in reverse. "

"Now, I ask again, do you wish to challenge me for the other half of the key?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1147

"THAT WAS YOUR SISTER?!?" Perry exclaims, quite shocked at the revelation. "Wow, I don't see the resemblance at all. Hmm, though I suppose I also look a lot different than my sister."

"Ah well, I suppose we will do your challenge then. Can you at least take it easy on us though? I've had a rough day, that snake thing back there bit my tail. As someone who also has a tail, you must understand the pain of that. If it makes a difference, would it help to say that we are here to help the gnome deal with the creepy cult guys with unfortunate names outside?"

Perry smiles awkwardly, but mentally prepares himself for the challenge. He looks to Lawrance and the others nervously.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1147

Lia smiles happily at Seath." Well done. We are halfway there. Good luck with the challenge."

Mari stands off to the side and grins from ear to ear." Not bad apprentice. Now is your time to prove your brilliance. I would do it but I'm guarding our rear. It should be no problem for you really. If you lose .. What's the worst that can happen? Maybe lose your tail?" She starts laughing and has a hard time stopping.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 25th Sep, 2018 - 1:32am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.