Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1186 of 1199

Keeping a healthy distance from the battling - Page 1186 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Oct, 2018 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

29th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256630
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2018 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1186

Singled-mindedly concentrating on sustaining the firey sphere, Lawrance moves through the cloud of insects, battle them away until he leaves it's hazard. The sphere rolls again, impacting the mage that summoned the elemental.
Specific Action: move or impact the sphere against the target. If he lose concentration, I'm hoping the elemental starts hitting his buddies. :D Velon's damage output is insane!
Out of Character: - as a side note, I can't believe Lawrance made four CON saves in a row…

Attached Image Edited: Gknightbc on 24th Oct, 2018 - 7:12pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2018 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will attack the warrior at W6 again hoping to put him down. If he is able to take him out Cratol will move to W15 and attack those two mages. He is hoping that he can silence them with the silence stone so they are ineffective. He will use a Ki point on the warrior and to move.

26th Oct, 2018 - 1:10am / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lady of the Water says...

Morgaine will continue to hit the enemy in front of her until they are dead, then move towards the next available target.

Out of Character: She did rolls x6 to help keep things moving along in the battle. Sorry for holding things up.

Morgaine Results:
  • Attack, Scimitar on D20 (+10): 21, 28, 17, 18, 16, 26 (6 rolls)
  • Damage, Scimitar on D8 (+8): 15, 15, 14, 12, 15, 14 (6 rolls)
  • Scimitar, electric on D6 (+0): 4, 6, 2, 1, 4, 2 (6 rolls)


Post Date: 26th Oct, 2018 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 1186 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Mari dashes in and scores a harsh hit on one of those surrounding Tazskan, when the dragonborn uses magic to siphon life out of the same man, he buckles over, stiff as a board. Perry curses Cyanwrath and hits him once more with a force bolt. He notices right away that while he hit a sensitive area, the half dragon did not react as much as he had to a similar blow not long before.

Lia meanwhile dodges another strike from the Elemental in order to fly up and out of its reach. Lawrance does much the same, fleeing from the insects, while shifting the flaming sphere to ram another target. Cratol drops the man before him, and then moves to engage one of the men to the south. Morgaine follows suit, cutting down one of the few remaining near the downed construct.

Up on the gnomes' construct, Poljen is busy flinging people off. Both men up there with him go flying after two well timed shoves. Velon moves up, cutting down two men along the way in a blur of rapid strokes.

Cyanwrath moves in a blur as well, arriving back on top of the construct and swinging his greatsword at the barbarian. The first strike comes with a thunderous detonation that threatens to throw Poljen off of the construct, but he manages to dig in his feet and stand firm. Another stroke bites deep, and the warrior is barely able to avoid the third strike. Something flares in the dark paladin's eyes, and Poljen feels fear seeping into his mind, threatening to throw him into a panic. Cyanwrath growls out, "Don't disappoint me Snow Leopard, I've been waiting for this."

One of the men Poljen had thrown off climbs back up to flank the barbarian along with his commander, though he misses with his spear. The two who had been chasing after Lawrence decide they really don't want to mess with the cloud of stinging insects and so turn back to attack Velon instead, only one however manages to connect. The cloud above Velon's head dissipates as the mage who cast it apparently loses concentration, and the earth elemental disappears as well.

Meanwhile, Autumn shifts position and starts yanking back on the ballista thing she's riding, trying to reload. Spring manages to drop the mage he'd been hitting with the shovel, and the spider swarms with him move up after other targets

Out of Character: Poljen took a bunch of damage. 8 Thunder, 27 slashing (Reduced to 14), and 12 lightning. In addition, he must make a DC 18 Wisdom save or be frightened of Cyanwrath for 1 minute. Thanks to CW's paladin aura, this save is made at disadvantage. If Poljen does fail the save, he can repeat the save each turn, the effect ends on a success. From what Perry can see, CW's thing seems to be shielding him from damage and hastening his movements. Velon takes a modest 6 damage

[..] Note that this post was a bit rushed, busy day. I've probably forgotten something, so if something feels off, poke me.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2018 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen sees both Cratol and Morgaine move further from the enemy commander, the most obvious big threat, and curses under his breath, but focuses on clearing the top of the construct so the gnome(s) are somewhat protected. He is pleased that he is able to do so, but before he can even check on the gnome(s), Cyanwrath and one of his soldiers climb back up.

He is struck numerous times, and then he feels the fear tickle the back of his brain. He has felt this before when facing true dragons, and recognizes it. But he is unable to overcome it, and his belly goes cold. He is already wounded and exhausted, and none of his comrades is close enough to assist, save for possibly with magic. The only good thing is that he is pinned down and unable to flee, unless he jumps off. Despite that momentary temptation, Poljen is able to resist the fear enough not to flee.

"I am not here to disappoint you, or make you happy. I am here to slay you and your army. Just as you lot that blue dragon, so shall you lose this battle," he says, though his voice quivers noticeably. He then tries his best to make his prediction come true.

Out of Character: : Reckless Attacks to offset Disad, adding in Bless. Then he will roll the Wisdom Save again, presumably still with Disad.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2018 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Her face remains smooth and calm but inside she is growing a little concerned with the way Poljen seems unsure of himself around Cyanwrath. Knowing that needs to help more she flies into the midst of the battle. Holding her medaillion of the fire haired goddess aloft, she gestures at her friends as new resolve invigorates them. They feel a sense of peace amidst the swirl of combat.

Mari grins at Taz as the common opponent falls. Seeing Poljen getting cut up causes her grin to slip. She dances away from her current opponent and moves over to assist the snow leopard. Her blade darts at his opponent's back.

Specific Action: Lia casts Beacon of hope. It replaces bless. Everyone but Perry and Lawrence will enjoy advantage on wisdom saves plus death saves. In addition they will also receive the max healing possible on healing spells she casts. It lasts for one minute Not trying to metagame. I know the wisdom buff helps Poljen but I was going to cast it just to max her healing. Lia moved to S11 prior to casting the spell and is still aloft. Mari uses her bonus action to disengage and move to T8 to flank the warrior Poljen is taking on. Rolling on discord to try it out.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Oct, 2018 - 6:00pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Oct, 2018 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1186

Cratol will use his attack to strike the person at V15. If they fall before his attacks are done he will attack W13. He is using all his moves again. Ridding the field of magic on their side is his prime goal.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2018 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1186

Keeping a healthy distance from the battling warriors and other threats, Lawrance rolls his sphere towards yet another group, searing into them. Ramming the burning orb into a nearby mage, he uses his wand to fire a trio of magic bolts into more mages and Cyranwrath, knowing his best chance at this point is to disrupt their focus!
Specific Action: Moving Sphere to X13, ramming Y12 and burning W13 and X14. Firing a single bolt at Cyanwrath, Y8 and X10.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.