Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 14 of 58

Indeed, liches tend to be masters of magic. - Page 14 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Dec, 2016 - 2:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 58 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
26th Dec, 2016 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 14

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'm partial to The Silver Wayfarers myself, and if it wasn't for the fact that he was a later addition to the party I might suggest my character but honestly I feel that the most likely candidate would be one who was there from the beginning.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I am okay with most of those names, though I think my character would prefer something a little more tough sounding. The suggestions with Dragon, or some sort of danger implied suits his style. Also, I seriously doubt he would make it as the group leader. Heck, I doubt the GROUP would make it with him as the leader. He is not stupid. He knows he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and is also willing to play dumber than he really is to give the wrong impression, and then be underestimated. But that is about the extent of his guile.

And all of the female PCs can take it that he has flirted with them, and playfully pretended to be crushed when they blow him off. Again, that's just his style. He flirts, and if it gets reciprocated, great. If not, well, he tried and there are plenty of fish on the sea.

Since Daishain has said he might start with the New Year, I suggest we all brainstorm a background, and maybe we can knit things together for a good story. If not, we can fall back on the the idea of using the Phandelver tale. But I would hope a group as large, as diverse and as well-written as we appear to be, would be able to craft something of their own. I will also work on some ideas and post them here.

26th Dec, 2016 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well if we are to brainstorm some ideas, I would like to offer that the party had to take out an evil cult of some sort during their adventurers. Perhaps preventing them from summoning a demon or unleashing some other evil.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Dec, 2016 - 12:58am

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 14 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Since we are talking about the original members being who the leader comes from… Who would be the original and longest tenured members of the group? Maybe the Harper members who created this group for a cover?

Lia is similar to Poljen in that she is a huge flirt. She believes that flirting is one of her duties as a follower of Sune. Lia is subtle about it and makes the person often wonder if she was flirting or if it was his imagination. She would flirt with any of the PC's that aren't ugly, deformed or have poor hygiene. The ones that she doesn't flirt with she will have compassion on and try to advise them. She will not flirt with Cratol and will always act a little odd around him which may or may not be noticeable to him or others.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As far as flirting goes, I range from disinterested to oblivious to shameless, but I tend to step around any but the lightest in games. I like a good romantic subplot if it contributes to the sense adventure, adds urgency, depth, etc, but I'm not terribly interested in getting into the nitty gritty of it. This is one of the reasons I presented Zunadae's mentor as his lover, so that he can be all tragically romantic and heartbroken without actually having to have any romance. Like if Romeo had never met Juliet and had some other story that started with him moping about - was it Rosaline?

As for naming the group, I'm ok with whatever name we want to use, but I wouldn't mind something that tied into our backstory. If we are known for busting up cults, we could go with something to suggest that. A terrible idea would be if we took down a cult of Vecna, we could be the Patch and Glove.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

One brief idea I offer here, and am willing to expand… and would gladly accept additions to it…

The group sat around the large table of their favorite tavern in Waterdeep. Poljen finished pouring ale from a pitcher for several of the others, then proceeded to drink from a pitcher of his very own as they bandied names for their group back and forth. After downing half his pitcher he brought it down on the table with a heavy thud. They all ignored it as that was his standard practice, and it usually signified nothing. This time, however, he spoke immediately.

"The Silver Wayfarers? A fine name, that… for a band of troubadours! And I for one am no skald." He wore his usual goofy grin on his unshaven face as he took another quick pull from the improvised tankard. "Now I am not the educated one of this band, and far from the wittiest, eh Lia?" He offered the elven woman a broad wink. "But as we have destroyed a… um, what was that vile bastard of a thing called again, Geoffroy?"

"A lich, Poljen."

"Aye, a lich. As we have destroyed a lich, and all those zombies and skeletons and what-have-yous, perhaps we could call ourselves, 'The Deathslayers'!" His broad smile became wider, and his earnestness and sincerity were palpable. He thought he had created a marvelous play on words…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Dec, 2016 - 2:50am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 14

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well that would make for a very amusing scene, and would make for a very interesting battle for the party to face.

Yet one very big issue with the idea is the fact that a lich is way too high level for our party. More, in every resource I can find online for 5e, liches have a challenge rating of 21.

Maybe your character only thought he was a lich and Geoffory had to correct him? Something along the lines of: "He was a necromancer, not a lich. If he was a lich, we would not have survived such evil."

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Dec, 2016 - 3:06am

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 14

Indeed, liches tend to be masters of magic. Perhaps a dreaded necromancer instead? (One notably less pleasant than Aeric's type) Similar in flavor, but not necessarily as unbelievable a feat.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.